Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    I also got an interview from Christ's to study Economics. Whens yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! Mine's on the 12th of December! How about yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreIsNotMyName)
    All going well.
    Just received letter inviting me to cambridge interview
    Also have received offers from my other 4 units (LSE, UCL, BRISTOL and BATH).

For those of you still waiting, hang in there guys.
    What days are your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    All going well.

Nice offers there. You're pretty much sorted considering you've got LSE and UCL down.

ReputationRep:
    All going well.

share pls.

ReputationRep:
    All going well.

Well played, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer (AAA) to study at Birmingham! Anyone else got one/applied there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sah95)
    Congrats! Mine's on the 12th of December! How about yours?
    Mines also on the 12th, see you there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    Mines also on the 12th, see you there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See you!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone hasn't received news from ucl? Ucl hasn't asked for my UMS neither an invitation for open day. I'm getting really worried. Does it mean they are rejecting me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econ1554)
    Has anyone had offers from either??

Warwick: Economics
    Bristol: Economics and Management
    Birmingham: Economics
    Nottingham: Economics
    Oxfordconomics and Management

I applied before the 15th October deadline for Oxbridge but I haven't received any offers yet.

If so when and what grades.
    If it's any consolation: I'm studying Economics at Nottingham now (first year) and I didn't get my offer from them until March. Not sure if they're doing it this year but last year they waited for all of the applications to be in then selected their best candidates. Birmingham however replied to me within 5 days of my application last year so not too sure of the hold up on that front.

ReputationRep:
    Who has applied for either Kingston University, Aberystwyth, Nottingham Trent, Birmingham City or Anglia Ruskin? I'm so jealous of some peoples grades they've achieved. I'm predicted ABB so didn't apply to any Russell Group, but I'm not too bothered about that, just excited to continue studying economics!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco94)
    Anyone hasn't received news from ucl? Ucl hasn't asked for my UMS neither an invitation for open day. I'm getting really worried. Does it mean they are rejecting me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's okay, I'm in the exact same position as you? Personally I would'wouldn't bother wasting my time worrying whether it would be a rejection or not, but just wait

Good luck and I hope you do receive an offer

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only one in my college who hasn't received anything from ucl for economics...
    Not sure if this mean anything thank you, I hope u do get an offer too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco94)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same situation, one of the girls in my year has been asked for UMS scores and she applied atleast 2 weeks after me. im pretty certain there's a rejection coming my way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrobertshaw)
    Just received my offer (AAA) to study at Birmingham! Anyone else got one/applied there?
    Hey, I applied there too, but no offers yet. I'm an international student, so maybe it's because of that? Haha...the wait is killing me though

ReputationRep:
    To everyone stressing about not hearing back from UCL for Econ yet..
    I emailed the Economics department and they told me open day invitations are handed out 2 weeks prior to the day approximately. There's 3 open day events, one late November, February and March. Each with same number of invites, so if you aren't invited to this one, which afew students have been invited to, no need to get worried there are 2 open day events left!
    Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got 3 offers in the space of 24 hours :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cantankerous cod)
    Just got 3 offers in the space of 24 hours :eek:
    From?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    To everyone stressing about not hearing back from UCL for Econ yet..
    I emailed the Economics department and they told me open day invitations are handed out 2 weeks prior to the day approximately. There's 3 open day events, one late November, February and March. Each with same number of invites, so if you aren't invited to this one, which afew students have been invited to, no need to get worried there are 2 open day events left!
    Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fantasttic, so this means, don't expect to hear from them until about January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewtoTSR)
    From?
    Newcastle, Sheffield and East Anglia

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.