Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    I got
    81/90 in janurary
    141/150 in june
    28/60 for practical lol... No one in my year got above a c in practical and we have like 50 people doing biology whats up with that.
    250/300 overall loosing more ums in practical than in both papers. Our teachers weren't allowed to tell us anything about the coursework before hand except the module so we didn't end up doing the broad leaf one because our teachers knew it would be a waste of time since no one would know the differences since we couldn't research it beforehand. Is that really how the coursework works in every school. The grade boundaries are RIDICULOUS.

ReputationRep:
    150/150 ... So shocked as I found the paper awful and even cried that day
    Overall 298 UMS losing my marks in the practical.
    An A* would be nice next year but I don't really care I'd just like at least a B, bio isn't my passion chemistry is, although if you looked at UMS you'd think biology is my best subject ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    Well you need 21ums to get it up to an A. Sadly it is unlikely that you will get an A from retaking one paper because you will need to get 86/90 on F211, 137/150 on F212 or 59/60 on F213 to get an A, obviously if you wanted to just do one retake it would be F212 but that would meaning getting 91% which while possible would require a lot of work. So it is your choice I would suggest retake F213 and F212
    Thank you! Just to note I haven't done A2 yet..so would it be possible to get an A overall with A's in A2 and maybe a B in the practical? Then possibly retake F211? Seeming as I was quite close to an A in F212.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tssf_skye)
    Thank you! Just to note I haven't done A2 yet..so would it be possible to get an A overall with A's in A2 and maybe a B in the practical? Then possibly retake F211? Seeming as I was quite close to an A in F212.
    Oh yes easily you can easily get an A overall. You could still get an A* if you did really well at A2. Work really hard and you will have an A

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was full UMS??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadioheadAnton)
    How many marks was full UMS??

ReputationRep:
    139/150 UMS on this paper, ecstatic with that! Got my A overall in biology an I honestly couldn't be happier, don't think I've ever worked so hard for a subject.

ReputationRep:
    Got 144 UMS Pretty happy because I hated the paper, I guess I just expect a lot now because I got 90/90 UMS in January. Got 96% overall for the AS though so really happy with that considering I barely scraped an A at GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    gutted,116/150 - 2 off an A but i'm getting this paper back and retaking it,deffo want an A and should've least got a high A

ReputationRep:
    I got an a on f211 a b on f212 and an e on coursework so overall it's a c overall. I hate coursework, it's ridiculous tricky to get good marks on urgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Got an A, Overall 254 UMS Soo happy!
    Where/how did you find out your UMS?

Scratch this ^ it's all in my email stuff, I'm being stupid

ReputationRep:
    I got 148/150 in this

ReputationRep:
    137/150 here. Considering I didn't even scrape an E last year, I am very happy

ReputationRep:
    Well done to all who got A's in biology.
    Does anyone one know the UMS required for an A* grade ? Is it a certain amount of ums or is it : get a/b in As and in A2 over 95% etc like maths. Man I wish I got more ums. I got 256 :/ low A; I'm going to have to work my socks off in A2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray..)
    Well done to all who got A's in biology.
    Does anyone one know the UMS required for an A* grade ? Is it a certain amount of ums or is it : get a/b in As and in A2 over 95% etc like maths. Man I wish I got more ums. I got 256 :/ low A; I'm going to have to work my socks off in A2!
    80% across AS and A2 and 90% in A2. Basically having a B at AS makes it just as easy to get an A* at A2 as having an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitions)
    got 90/90 in bio 1 for jan, 55/60 for the practical and 150/150 for bio 2!

I don't think I ever flopped an exam as much as bio 2, and yet still full marks :O OCR never fails to amuse me..
    you only needed 83% to get full UMS haha!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, you guys contributed to getting my A at AS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milworthy)
    you only needed 83% to get full UMS haha!
    Ah, that explains it then :P

ReputationRep:
    Is there an examiners report anywhere?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco_madem0iselle)
    150/150 ... So shocked as I found the paper awful and even cried that day
    Overall 298 UMS losing my marks in the practical.
    An A* would be nice next year but I don't really care I'd just like at least a B, bio isn't my passion chemistry is, although if you looked at UMS you'd think biology is my best subject ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how did you get 150/150 ?? i thought i wouldve done better i got a C

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.