Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ve_1995)
    So scared about AS results on Thursday! Who else is waiting for results? Good luck!! What courses did you take? I took History, English lit, Classics and Psychology.
    Hey, I do maths chemistry economics and biology. I want to drop bio but as long as I get three A grades I'd be happy, even if its in bio because my school aren't that good with predicting you higher, they don't do it a lot. I'm gonna apply for maths and the arts and sciences course at UCL, what bout you? And weirdly, I'm not that nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Went from not caring to being terrified

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    Best of luck to you too boy wonder
    Either way, make sure to let me know how it goes in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    That's because we're all very chilled about Thursday
    Speak for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    That's because we're all very chilled about Thursday
    I actually am :ahee:

Although that's because it's quiet here last year it was a flurry of chaos and so I was pumped up and nervous over one exam... This year even with the stakes a lot higher I'm not.

Shows it's the thread not the content of waiting list!:R
    (Original post by lilGem)
    During the early hours of the morning there was about 4 people max posting before 6am :yep: it normally increases exponentially around then :lol:
    Haha, BOOM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabeena)
    Yup. I did quite unexpectedly well on PYSA3, got 79/100 which was one mark off an A. I need to get at least a B or high C in PSYA4 to get a B overall and be accepted into my firm. - anyone else done PSYA4 this June?
    yes actually did the exam, what topics did you do? i did the biological therapy one and the media- intense fandom and tv adversting. the research methods went awfully wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    It is the calm before the storm
    Yeah

that said for the past 2 days I've been worryingly calm :confused: I'm never normally like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabeena)
    Yup. I did quite unexpectedly well on PYSA3, got 79/100 which was one mark off an A. I need to get at least a B or high C in PSYA4 to get a B overall and be accepted into my firm. - anyone else done PSYA4 this June?
    I did PSYA4 as a retake! :L
    If I haven't done any better in PSYA4 I need 1 mark into an 'a' in PSYA3 to get a B overall.

I'm not sure :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Speak for yourself.
    I see the nerves for STEP are setting in then? I've just assumed I've got at least a 3 and hoping that'll be enough for Warwick but if not then at least I gave it a go and I'll go and get a first from Nottingham to maybe do postgrad at Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KalSA)
    Does anyone know any breathing exercises? Really need to calm the crap down.
    Breathe in deeply and count 1. Hold it in and then breath slowly out, counting one. Then again breathe in deeply, counting 2 and again breath out slowly counting 2. Repeat this until you get to 10. Try and focus solely on your breathing, but don't worry if your thoughts flow around; focus back on your breathing.

Be mindful and be attentive to your worries, say to yourself that it'll be alright. Remain optimistic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)

Haha, BOOM!
    I think it was a page every 10 minutes with people posting their track updates and results :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    Hey, I do maths chemistry economics and biology. I want to drop bio but as long as I get three A grades I'd be happy, even if its in bio because my school aren't that good with predicting you higher, they don't do it a lot. I'm gonna apply for maths and the arts and sciences course at UCL, what bout you? And weirdly, I'm not that nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, ah cool. Haha well that's good, at least you're fairly confident about your results. I'm not really sure how my exams went. I think they were all alright apart from history. I'm going to drop history though anyway. And I want to study Psychology at hopefully Warwick or York

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy we have a strictly AS thread, most people were talking about firms and all that so the confusion for me is gone lol. I'm really concerned I won't pass history as I would like to study it at uni, and I didn't even finish

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see the nerves for STEP are setting in then? I've just assumed I've got at least a 3 and hoping that'll be enough for Warwick but if not then at least I gave it a go and I'll go and get a first from Nottingham to maybe do postgrad at Warwick
    Nerves for everything, not anything specific.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone in hudds admissions is reading this (slim chance) then please let me in to do pharmacy. Much love.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I actually am :ahee:

Although that's because it's quiet here last year it was a flurry of chaos and so I was pumped up and nervous over one exam... This year even with the stakes a lot higher I'm not.

Shows it's the thread not the content of waiting list!:R
    Same here and I decided to write down all the numbers I'll need for Thursday as it'll most likely be the case that I won't get my firm and I should be a lot more nervous considering my universities are dependent on these A levels but I'm still not worrying at all, my friends on the other hand are a complete mess right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilGem)
    I think it was a page every 10 minutes with people posting their track updates and results :eek:
    That's not that much 2 posts every minute...

I remember refreshing once and finding a few pages :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I hope we all get the grades we want Good luck guys.

And just remember, talking about it and worrying etc, wont change anything, the exams are DONE, OVER, so just enjoy the summer as much as you can

ReputationRep:
    wanted thursday to come for so long and now its only a few days away i feel almost like i just dont want to hear what my results are! Bricking it

ReputationRep:
    That's not that much 2 posts every minute...

I remember refreshing once and finding a few pages :rofl:
    It was still a lot

I gave up trying to keep up with everyone before I went to college around 3 hours later :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.