The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by schlili
Oh i am sorry :frown: i haven't gotten my oxford rejection yet... did you apply for economics & management too?

Did you apply for E&M, and what college did you apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by yws0212
Conditional offer AAA :biggrin:

My GCSEs were 7A* 2A 1C, AS was AAABB, A2 prediction was A*A*A

What course is this for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by President M.E.
Anything from the Philosophy dept?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Philosophy and Economics (submitted on October 1st) and got an email from LSE today.

It was the same email that many on this thread seem to have and it said:

"When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Not sure how likely it is that I'll get a response before the new year though...
Just got an offer today for BSc Economics, a week after the 5 weeks, so excited!!
Original post by thisisjokes
I applied for Philosophy and Economics (submitted on October 1st) and got an email from LSE today.

It was the same email that many on this thread seem to have and it said:

"When assessing a high calibre application such as yours, we need a little more time to assess you against other candidates in your cohort. This can take approximately four weeks, and we will have a final decision on your application as soon as possible."

Not sure how likely it is that I'll get a response before the new year though...

Nice, sounds like a guaranteed offer! Would you mind if I asked about your grades?
Nice, sounds like a guaranteed offer! Would you mind if I asked about your grades?

No problem :smile:

GCSE: 10A*s 1B (B in Art, can't draw to save my life :colondollar:)
AS: AAAAA in English, History, Maths, Economics and General Studies
A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*A*

I was/am a little bit worried about my personal statement though, because I applied for PPE and so my PS inevitably has some politics in it.
Original post by masterclass@14
Got my offer for LSE maths with economics three days after my five week email, so very happy!!!!

Well done and congrats! :smile:

Stop misleading people. There is nothing guaranteed about that. All it says is he's good enough to be considered further when more applications are received. If he was guaranteed, he'd already have an offer. I'm not being mean, only realistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by silonthesofa
Stop misleading people. There is nothing guaranteed about that. All it says is he's good enough to be considered further when more applications are received. If he was guaranteed, he'd already have an offer. I'm not being mean, only realistic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. I imagine that if you receive this email, then you've been put into the gathered field, which still means there is a chance of being rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2309
Applying to LSE for Law and about seven weeks after the five week email (aka today) I got the "amongst the highest calbre etc etc" email, so long story short I am waiting another four weeks ... It's not a guaranteed entry in the slightest - it's a 'we will consider you further when we receive more applications that are also quite good', so in a way it's even more terrifying.
Original post by newton1234
Just got an offer today for BSc Economics, a week after the 5 weeks, so excited!!

Congrats.

May I ask for when you sent off your UCAS, your GCSEs, and UMS. Thanks
Original post by silonthesofa

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you read the rest of the email, which other people have got, at the beginning it says something like "Your application is one the strongest in the admissions cycle".

Now why would they reject the strongest applications? :holmes:
Reply 2312
If you read the rest of the email, which other people have got, at the beginning it says something like "Your application is one the strongest in the admissions cycle".

Because they don't have unlimited number of places - even for the strongest.
Original post by theplanmancan
Have any Social Policy applicants received offers yet? Been a couple of weeks since I got the seven week email so still early days.

social policy and government
I got the "amongst the strongest" email today
Original post by Mike_123
Congrats.

May I ask for when you sent off your UCAS, your GCSEs, and UMS. Thanks

I sent my on the 10/10/13
My GCSEs weren't fantastic, so I was a bit surprised by the offer after hearing about LSE being GCSE Nazis but I go 6A*s , 4As and B
My UMS are C1 99, C2 95, C3 100, FP1 94, S1 90, M1 100
Econ 1 93, Econ 2 100
and then I got an A in AS Physics, and B in AS General Studies and Geo
Hopefully you will hear good news about your application soon!
Original post by Yuqi96
Wow LSE Friday is sure looking promising..Please LSE just give me an offer or something so I can walk into my Oxford interview going "I dont need this!" (last day of five weeks for government and economcis here)

Great job with Oxford ! What about LSE ? :smile:
Original post by The-Illusionist
Congratulations on your offer!!!
Would it be okay if you could state your Gcse and AS grades, and A2 predictions

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sat for IGCSE, not GCSE bro
IGCSE - 8 A* and 1 A

IB - 44/45
Maths HL - 7
Further Maths HL - 7
Economics HL - 7
Physics SL - 7
Hindi SL - 7
English SL - 6

I am an international applicant

I have a better question for you. If he is in, why wouldn't he already have an offer? Regardless of strongest or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farah95
Basically in the same position as you. I applied last tuesday and never got the five week email but I got that seven week one today :/ Not feeling too optimistic either tbh I think they're just keeping us till the end to compare once all the applications have been submitted. Anyways applied for straight econ, you?

Especially when there's people here who are predicted 5 A*s at A2. Lord help us. Anyway, good luck to you. I'm applying for straight history. Apparently they have a tiny history department.

**Prepares several LSD-related insults ready to post angrily on here when the rejection comes.**

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SoggyTractor
Especially when there's people here who are predicted 5 A*s at A2. Lord help us. Anyway, good luck to you. I'm applying for straight history. Apparently they have a tiny history department.

**Prepares several LSD-related insults ready to post angrily on here when the rejection comes.**

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for straight History too... What are your predicted A2's? I'm not feeling hopeful either, my GCSE's are really not up to LSE standard, plus I resat year 12 :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending