Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

quick question - sorry if a bit random.

do universities, like barts, ever give unconditional offers or are the offers generally based on everyone getting AAAb?

Thank u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWJChadders)
    I would second that
    Lol lol all about coke and Marrakech cafe Lolz ... ......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moo321)
    Hi guys,

do universities, like barts, ever give unconditional offers or are the offers generally based on everyone getting AAAb?

Thank u

Only if u already have the grades..... Otherwise nooo.... It's too competitive now to give UNCONDITIONAL OFFERS - sad times although they can give a really low one like ACC BUT THATS REALLY RARE !!
    I mite be wrong though ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moo321)
    Hi guys,

Thank u
    Hey jus read the last I.e. The most dated PM (it should have all info u need ... Always send uni ur transcripts and ask about any alvevl requirement as ur degree can make up for it... Varies uni to uni ... Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, anyone knows how offers are made? Like is it solely based on the interview or do they still take into consideration your academics and ukcat and what not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etry)
    Hi guys, anyone knows how offers are made? Like is it solely based on the interview or do they still take into consideration your academics and ukcat and what not?
    Barts uses the academics and PS only for the selection of candidates for the interviews. After you've been selected its all up to your performance on the interview.

Don't worry too much though, last year they accepted some 600+ out of the 700 applicants that they've interviewed, so after you received an invitation chances of being offered a place are really high

(at least that's what I'm telling myself...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucey)
    Barts uses the academics and PS only for the selection of candidates for the interviews. After you've been selected its all up to your performance on the interview.

Don't worry too much though, last year they accepted some 600+ out of the 700 applicants that they've interviewed, so after you received an invitation chances of being offered a place are really high

(at least that's what I'm telling myself...)
    at my interview yesterday, the medical students said that it was 800 interviews and 500 offers this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pliny101)
    at my interview yesterday, the medical students said that it was 800 interviews and 500 offers this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They say that every year I guess, but it could vary.
    Last year there were 900 interviews and 532 offers.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when barts will send out the packages for declaration of criminal records n application of visa for internationals with an offer alrdy?

ReputationRep:
    Had an interview but haven't heard anything. Already been rejected at keele post interview :/ Hopes hanging on this one

ReputationRep:
    Delete: saw answer above

ReputationRep:
    So does Barts rank its applicants? I read that those that scored 40+/50 were offered a place. I am so confused! Does that mean more than 500 people score 40+/50 in their interviews? If so, then Barts must really give out offers for interviews to very competent individuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah_blah2345)
    So does Barts rank its applicants? I read that those that scored 40+/50 were offered a place. I am so confused! Does that mean more than 500 people score 40+/50 in their interviews? If so, then Barts must really give out offers for interviews to very competent individuals.
    Yeah they score it. Need near perfect scores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pliny101)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's quite a nice figure actually (although not if you haven't yet had an interview).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    That's quite a nice figure actually (although not if you haven't yet had an interview).
    It is better than some medical schools. But most medical schools often reject 300 or even fewer applicants post-interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huatah)
    Yeah they score it. Need near perfect scores
    So 500+ people get near perfect scores. I am feeling really incompetent now..

ReputationRep:
    It is better than some medical schools. But most medical schools often reject 300 or even fewer applicants post-interview.
    That's very true. For London it's a nice-ish figure; although maybe they have achieved this by cutting down a little bit on the number of interviews handed out, probably so as to make the selection process a little quicker?

ReputationRep:
    So 500+ people get near perfect scores. I am feeling really incompetent now..
    lol nothing u can do bout it now. just chillax and wait. the interviewers judge not based on how much u say but based on logic n confidence anw. results shld be out in 1st wk of march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman9999)
    For the article do you literally speak at the interviewers for a few minutes about it? Because there is so much to say I'm not sure how I can fit it into a less than 2 minute question slot :s
    Could people STOP asking questions related to the interview! It is not fair on others who have had interviews before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arabian_doc)
    Had my interview on Monday and couldn't agree more with what you've said. Can people who have already had their interviews please not give any hints away because your not only reducing your own chances of getting an offer but other people's too and that's not fair! I'm sure barts wouldn't be very happy if they knew who you were too tbh!!! People asking questions, can you please just read the email? That's what most of us went by so it should be enough for you too...
    Ditto, this guy speaks the truth

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.