Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    "Forgetfulness, and I would even say historical error, are essential in the creation of a nation."

-Ernest Renan

Israel has completely forgotten they were once not too dissimilar to the PLO or Hamas using physical force to demand what they considered to be rightfully theirs. It's how most nations born in the 20th century came about. Irgun also carried out the Deir Yassin massacre of Arabs in a village just outside Jerusalem. They're political wing later evolved in to a faction of Likud. The party Benjamin Netanyahu.
    indeed, how long do you think it will take the islamic world to make this evolution ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    indeed, how long do you think it will take the islamic world to make this evolution ?
    Who knows. Now that the US is now fighting rather than funding Islamists...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DK_Tipp)
    Who knows. Now that the US is now fighting rather than funding Islamists...
    i must say that was a major u turn in the climate of the world, because the usa and obviously the west werent too bothered by all the grief islamists were causing the world outside their 'anti-communist bubble'. but i guess you can thank bin laden and his mob, for it was the nairobi and uss cole bombing that put islamists firmly on the map and in the target sights. if the usa simply worked on the basis of morality, they would have attacked islamists groups a long time ago.

i think now the entire (non islamic )world though not agreeing with their tactics, sympathises with israels struggle against islamist agendas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    i must say that was a major u turn in the climate of the world, because the usa and obviously the west werent too bothered by all the grief islamists were causing the world outside their 'anti-communist bubble'. but i guess you can thank bin laden and his mob, for it was the nairobi and uss cole bombing that put islamists firmly on the map and in the target sights. if the usa simply worked on the basis of morality, they would have attacked islamists groups a long time ago.

i think now the entire (non islamic )world though not agreeing with their tactics, sympathises with israels struggle against islamist agendas
    The US delighted in turning the "the worst crazies (they) could find" against the Soviets. Osama didn't show up on the map till later I guess. He had his own money to finance evil mayhem with anyway.

I would disagree. Most people I know acknowledge Israels right to a peaceful existence but are firmly in the Palestinian sympathy camp when it comes to settlements in the West Bank, the siege of Gaza, the Two State Solution and the complete moral bankruptcy of the current military operation

ReputationRep:
    Premature baby delivered of a mother killed by an Israeli airstrike: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28490640

ReputationRep:
    Confusion re: a truce US's Kerry put forward that Israel, according to Israeli media, rejected. Kerry says 'it was never even a truce'. http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...k-live-updates

ReputationRep:
    Former Israeli air force pilot acknowledges 'targetted assassinations' of the Palestinian populace:

Over a decade ago, Yonatan Shapira, then an Israeli air force pilot, bravely confronted his top commander, Lt. General Dan Halutz, over what were euphemistically called “targeted assassinations.”

Israeli warplanes regularly fired missiles at Hamas leaders in Gaza, also killing innocent civilians, some of them children.

Shapira asked General Halutz, What if a Hamas leader were located in Tel Aviv? Would you order our pilots to fire there, risking Israeli bystanders? Halutz said no.
    So you value Israelis over Palestinians, Yonatan responded. Get someone else to fly your aircraft.

ReputationRep:
    Israeli soldier in gaza twists his ankle

ReputationRep:
    So much for 'the only democratic country in the Middle East": Arab MK Haneen Zoabi investigated for 'incitement' against Israeli police.

Wonder when this all-fair, not-an-apartheid-state will investigate their own openly criminal, unabashedly murderous soldiers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Israeli soldier in gaza twists his ankle
    Israel declares National Day of Mourning

ReputationRep:
    Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    How many countries would then be guilty?

How many wedding parties and villagers has NATO (British and American forces) bombed in Pakistan and Afghanistan?

When NATO went into Serbia, they bombed hospitals, a column of fleeing refugees (killing 70), they bombed civilian homes and even managed to bomb a bordering country.

If mistakes in conflict are to be war crimes, then put every nation in the dock - not just Israel.

But it seems with some bigots, Israel is treated with different standards.
    Nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    Nonsense.
    Why is that nonsense ?? They even bombed the chinese embassy . My point is that bombing campaign was totally wreckless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Native European)
    Why can't Palestinian's largely being Muslims move to another country? NOT EUROPE. We're sick to death of these Muslims coming here when nobody wants them in our lands. Tolerance is for the weak only the strong survive. Israel should just get it over with and wipe every last one of them out.
    I think the majority of people are going to be sick of people like you living here.

If Israel did decided to wipe out Gaza they would be facing charges of war crimes. Having said that though many people would just blame the Palestinians as per usual.

ReputationRep:
    That was a really, really chilling read. I don't care what people say about Israel's right to protect itself and the evils of Hamas, Operation Protective Edge has had a sinister feel to it, especially the propaganda produced for Western consumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Native European)
    Why can't Palestinian's largely being Muslims move to another country? NOT EUROPE. We're sick to death of these Muslims coming here when nobody wants them in our lands. Tolerance is for the weak only the strong survive. Israel should just get it over with and wipe every last one of them out.
    How about you p**s off back to the Rift Valley where your people came from? "European"... :rolleyes:

Probably don't want facists in East Africa either mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)
    Implying all Jews are Zionists is akin to implying all muslims are terrorists.

Honestly I didn't read the whole post OP linked to, I saw a website with an Israeli flag and a red cross over it. That doesn't inspire a sense of balanced evaluation to me so didn't bother.
    I thought that too at first, but when I read it it actually had a lot of good points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its like Roma gypsies, have hijacked the name Roma and everyone thinks they are romanian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    It's not surprising there's a connection. I'm opposed to Islam because it is a violent authoritarian movement. Palestine repeatedly elects extremist Islamic governments. Israel, while very far from my perfect state for reasons mostly not related to the conflict, is a mixed market liberal democracy and basically tolerable place to live.
    Well, there would be no need for the Palestinians to elect "extremist Islamic governments" if the Israeli's were actually wanting to sit down and broker a peace deal.

I mean, look at Abbas and his sorry party in the WB. He accepted Israel, did whatever was asked of him, allowed Israeli settlers onto Palestinian land and Israel won't negotiate with him.

Is it any wonder people elect an "extremist government" if the current government does not give them what they want?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1s3Qt-Tm5I
    Note: Turn Closed Captions on for subtitles.

Pretty amusing video. His 'arguments' also sound all too familiar with the hasbara posted on TSR. What I would like to know is, what is the general view of the continued illegal expansion of Settlements in the West Bank, in addition to the gross misconduct which is common amongst Settlers.

I would particular like to hear from the Pro-Israel members of this forum. Unfortunately, anytime anything settler-related is brought up I usually hear a totally unrelated response usually blaming Hamas or something, so please stick to the topic

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.