Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    It has to be fantasy football time planning now surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes please, ****ing talk about that rather than Deflategate. We should have made it have its own thread. I hate it so much.

I want in to fantasy again please, happy to admin this year if our old one has disappeared (I can't remember who it is) I'd say aim for 8-12 teams, we could run multiple leagues with different slants if there's a lot of interest. I feel pretty old hat now going into season three so playing PPR/Auction might be interesting. First things first though, get enough people to form a draft, I'd say aim to draft in Preseason Week 4 which gives us enough time to assemble the Avengers and means nobody gets ruined by a training camp injury.

ReputationRep:
    I'll join a league if there is space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Yes please, ****ing talk about that rather than Deflategate. We should have made it have its own thread. I hate it so much.

I want in to fantasy again please, happy to admin this year if our old one has disappeared (I can't remember who it is) I'd say aim for 8-12 teams, we could run multiple leagues with different slants if there's a lot of interest. I feel pretty old hat now going into season three so playing PPR/Auction might be interesting. First things first though, get enough people to form a draft, I'd say aim to draft in Preseason Week 4 which gives us enough time to assemble the Avengers and means nobody gets ruined by a training camp injury.
    Present and accounted for. Had a hectic month or so, hence been lurking for a while. Very excited for the new season and to go and see Tampa vs the Bears in Novermber (y)

ReputationRep:

I have a brother that is very keen on entering a league.

We're going to all 3 England games together and he's a big fan and I can guarantee his activity across the season.

I'm up for a standard season but it's only my second season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    I have a brother that is very keen on entering a league.

We're going to all 3 England games together and he's a big fan and I can guarantee his activity across the season.

I'm up for a standard season but it's only my second season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds good, sure we'll be able to fit him in.

I've just got to Fitz's week 14 monster block on All or Nothing and its inspired me to collate 2017 highlight reel for those plays which are remarkable not for flash but for downright grit so when we get going again flag anything you see.

P.S. I think every team should play chuck it to the bucket on road weeks, Patrick Peterson in that elf costume is just hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy to join the fantasy league. I've already joined a league and the draft was like last week...

Glad the Broncos were able to sort out deals for Derek Wolfe, Brandon Marshall and Von Miller this offseason. Onwards to re-signing Darian Stewart and Emmanuel Sanders, hopefully. About six of that defense are signed to long term deals too.

Almost time for Training Camp too. Excited to see how Paxton Lynch and the other rookies do as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    I'd be happy to join the fantasy league. I've already joined a league and the draft was like last week...

Glad the Broncos were able to sort out deals for Derek Wolfe, Brandon Marshall and Von Miller this offseason. Onwards to re-signing Darian Stewart and Emmanuel Sanders, hopefully. About six of that defense are signed to long term deals too.

Almost time for Training Camp too. Excited to see how Paxton Lynch and the other rookies do as well.
    Elway takes care of business, that is for sure. How'd you find such early drafts? There's like 10 weeks until the season and so much can go wrong in that time!

ReputationRep:
    Elway takes care of business, that is for sure. How'd you find such early drafts? There's like 10 weeks until the season and so much can go wrong in that time!
    That's part of the fun, last year in an early draft I had drafted Jordi Nelson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    That's part of the fun, last year in an early draft I had drafted Jordi Nelson.
    And your season died before it started in a good, active league. I just couldn't deal with that.*

ReputationRep:
    I like the championship rings I can't say much more appeals but I'll get used to it when I move stateside for a year in Cali whilst doing the GG

ReputationRep:
    Interested in fantasy football as well.

(Original post by pol pot noodles)
    No, you have on numerous times stated that the CBA gives Goodell unlimited power, and that he is entitled to be judge, jury and executioner. This proves you clearly have little understanding of the issues at play.
    The courts haven't said yes twice. The second circuit said yes once, then refused a full hearing. Again, you're just showing your ignorance.
    And like I said before, it's very telling that you are unable to actually refute any of the issues raised by the legal experts, who again aren't representing Brady.*
    They're law professors and academics, and one was even a federal arbritrator. That's right, even an arbritrator is criticising how much power the court has affirmed to arbritrators.
    Since you're so adamant the motion was frivolous, you should have no issue refuting the points raised.

Also lol at how naive your view on judges is. Did I mention Judge Denny Chin went to law school with John Mara?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ts-court-cases
    Don't know why I'm bothering. But yes yes yes.......that is my point CBA said Goddell is judge jury and executioner.

Again my counter to all these experts point is one thing and one thing onlyy. CBA allowed it. No need for me to go deeper than that. Might not be right, they might not like it but its here's in black and white, it's legal.

By denying the appeal, isn't the court confirming that the decision taken was right? Why would they deny an appeal if they felt that the yes verdict was flawed? I'm the naive one?

Lol at the last paragraph. My response .......here comes the conspiracy. Such a desperate reach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Interested in fantasy football as well.

Don't know why I'm bothering. But yes yes yes.......that is my point CBA said Goddell is judge jury and executioner.

Again my counter to all these experts point is one thing and one thing onlyy. CBA allowed it. No need for me to go deeper than that. Might not be right, they might not like it but its here's in black and white, it's legal.

By denying the appeal, isn't the court confirming that the decision taken was right? Why would they deny an appeal if they felt that the yes verdict was flawed? I'm the naive one?

Lol at the last paragraph. My response .......here comes the conspiracy. Such a desperate reach.
    This is getting beyond tedious. The CBA didn't say that, and that's not what the judges ruled. You don't even understand your own sides position. Supreme Court precedent prohibits industrial justice. A CBA can not override the law. You clearly believe that Goodell was brandishing industrial justice- being judge, jury and executioner, which contradicts your own stance that he was acting within in the bounds of the CBA. Where for example is the due process in finding Brady guilty of something he wasn't originally charged with? Where exactly is that allowed in the CBA?
    You're just embarrassing yourself with these tremendous displays of ignorance.

And if it was as black and white as you said two dozen law professors and a federal arbitrator wouldn't have submitted third party briefs, district judge Berman wouldn't have dismissed Brady's suspension in the first place, and the 2nd circuit's chief justice wouldn't have dissented in such fantastically harsh terms. The NFL got lucky, they managed to get heard in New York with a generally pro-business, anti-labor circuit of judges. In Minnesota the NFL lose case after case, which is weird if the CBA allows the Commissioner unfettered powers as you claim it does.

The article proves how easy it is for judges to have biases, just like any other layman. Your assertion that judges are sacred guardians of impartiality is naive at best. Speaking of, incidentally, what was your view when Judge Berman gave his ruling? Do you simply flip and flop your opinion based on the current court verdict? If the NFLPA carry on and take this to the Supreme Court and manage to win the case, will you be saying that you knew all along that Goodell was wrong and overstepped the CBA?

ReputationRep:
    Deflategate is over and 99% of the NFL watching population are grateful for the end of the whole sorry saga. Can you agree to disagree here please?

ReputationRep:
    Deflategate is over and 99% of the NFL watching population are grateful for the end of the whole sorry saga. Can you agree to disagree here please?
    Apparently the NFLPA might carry on the fight without Brady, but yeah I can understand people are beyond sick of deflategate.

atom y humber, let's stop spamming up this thread, if you want to continue this debate do it via pm.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not grateful for the end. We got ****ed over by the fuhrer, sorry I mean Goodell

ReputationRep:
    It won't get heard in Supreme Court. Waste of time but NFLPA better pursue it.

(Original post by Malevolent)
    I'm not grateful for the end. We got ****ed over by the fuhrer, sorry I mean Goodell
    Why not blame the NFLPA for being imcompetent and letting goodell and the owners get away with murder and what is pretty much employment slavery all the ****ing time. They need to be brave and fight for their right but they won't. Too ****ing weak.

Richard Sherman's mouth has done more for the players than they have as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    Ross Tucker made a pretty interesting point in a recent podcast.

He said if he were still a current player he would want the NFLPA to use their bargaining power to make sure the 99.9% of players get a better deal with revenue sharing, not that the 0.1% of players who get in trouble get treated more fairly.

ReputationRep:
    Our football team has a secret league. One guy drafted Jordy Nelson last year...then picked up Kelvin Benjamin. Ouch. But he still had a good season.

Yes. Elway did get it done. And it makes me happy for the seasons ahead. He knows his price...and rewards those who want to be Broncos.

Jimmy Garrapolo may come from a smaller school, but I hope he comes in and proves the doubters wrong, for the good of the league. He's a very good QB, who won the Walter Payton award as the best player in D1-AA FCS football. He can ball. If I remember correctly he came from the same school as Tony Romo.

ReputationRep:
    Also...if I am correct...this coming sunday will be the last sunday without football until February.

Ladies and Gentlemen....football season is officially upon us!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll actually watch NFL Network again for the training camp coverage!!! I actually really like training camp, you get to see the beginnings of one teams Super Bowl run there and there's always loads of football news. As someone who's most visited sites include NFL.com this is exciting. I just hope the All-Knee team doesn't get too good over the period.*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.