This discussion is closed.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Nice! You get my PM?

I love gold watches, although prefer a nice silver or black one! I have to say, I am quite obsessed with my current one, which is quite nice - not quite as expensive as Rolex though My price tag doesn't quite reach that point!
Doubt i'll ever have the money to own one but i do have a thing for high priced items (damn my future spending preferences, never mind the wife blowing it on clothes.. it'll me blowing me on a Rolex)..

Divine though..

Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Doubt i'll ever have the money to own one but i do have a thing for high priced items (damn my future spending preferences, never mind the wife blowing it on clothes.. it'll me blowing me on a Rolex)..

Divine though..

Haha yeh - well, if I ever make millions and billions, I'll be sure to pay you a visit

Mmmm, my birthday's in a few months by the way...
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by talentedlobster)
Just saying, I've made the decision to join the conservatives for the forthcoming term.
Love you all.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just saying, I've made the decision to join the conservatives for the forthcoming term.
Love you all.
That's what we like to hear! Welcome!
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Love you all.
Thanks talentedlobster, it would be a pleasure to have you on board!
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to request that the bar assists the economy of the Orkney Islands by stocking their greatest exports, Orkney Raven and Orkney Dark Island.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PetrosAC)
Will anyone be watching the Snooker World Championship?
When it's up against our European Champions Cup semi-final against a team we beat 46-6 at the same stage last year? Not a hope in hell.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Hello everyone. I would like to take this opportunity to request that the bar assists the economy of the Orkney Islands by stocking their greatest exports, Orkney Raven and Orkney Dark Island.
I suppose that wouldn't be a problem - will take a few days for it to arrive!
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Cold, spikey and prone to disappearing completely when things heat up?
:yep: I was just thinking cold but no that's right.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
:yep: I was just thinking cold but no that's right.
It's so pleasurable thinking how highly you think of us
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suppose that wouldn't be a problem - will take a few days for it to arrive!
Do FedEX and the Royal Mail not do next day deliver from there.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Do FedEX and the Royal Mail not do next day deliver from there.
Don't know - but the more I spend on postage, the less my quarterly bonus is... hence I'm only going 2nd class delivery.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's so pleasurable thinking how highly you think of us
Well I did think highly of you until a few days ago.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well I did think highly of you until a few days ago.
So you don't think highly of me because of what I think about murderers... next time I meet an axe yielding murderer who's just been released from prison, I'll send him on up to you to have some dinner with.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So I decided to start doing some maths, having not really engaged with any at all since around year 7 or so. I took the PGCE skills test and aced it, took a foundation GCSE paper and completed it in not much more than 10 minutes (only dropping 2 marks). Then I took the higher papers this morning and only got a B so I guess that confirms the point at which I switched off completely at school I've had some very basic gaps in my knowledge highlighted (I have forgotten maths knew comfortably in primary school).

My question is, for those few of you who are of an age to know these things: when marking, if I have provided a full explanation of why I reached an answer (and it is correct) would I still be award the M points even where it does not allow for an "OE" response? My plan is to spend the coming week gently learning the bits and pieces I'm missing and then taking another set of tests next weekend, hopefully getting an A* and then moving on to the A level.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you don't think highly of me because of what I think about murderers... next time I meet an axe yielding murderer who's just been released from prison, I'll send him on up to you to have some dinner with.
It's more the 'well if we kill an innocent then it's their fault' thing. But you can't justify the death penalty.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
It's more the 'well if we kill an innocent then it's their fault' thing. But you can't justify the death penalty.
I wasn't really thinking straight at that time when I said that bit, and obviously, it's wrong for innocent's to die by it - just to clarify on that, I think that there needs to be a degree of common sense by the judge in cases like these, whereby, if there is no doubt (ie. signed confession, or other undoubtful evidence) then the death penalty should go ahead immediately. Where there is more doubt, I think the judge should determine whether or not death penalty should be applied.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ByronicHero)
So I decided to start doing some maths, having not really engaged with any at all since around year 7 or so. I took the PGCE skills test and aced it, took a foundation GCSE paper and completed it in not much more than 10 minutes (only dropping 2 marks). Then I took the higher papers this morning and only got a B so I guess that confirms the point at which I switched off completely at school I've had some very basic gaps in my knowledge highlighted (I have forgotten maths knew comfortably in primary school).

My question is, for those few of you who are of an age to know these things: when marking, if I have provided a full explanation of why I reached an answer (and it is correct) would I still be award the M points even where it does not allow for an "OE" response? My plan is to spend the coming week gently learning the bits and pieces I'm missing and then taking another set of tests next weekend, hopefully getting an A* and then moving on to the A level.
From my understanding, and so don't fully rely on this, but if it doesn't allow for OE, then you will still gain the M marks, but probably not the A mark.

I hope that helps to answer your question?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wasn't really thinking straight at that time when I said that bit, and obviously, it's wrong for innocent's to die by it - just to clarify on that, I think that there needs to be a degree of common sense by the judge in cases like these, whereby, if there is no doubt (ie. signed confession, or other undoubtful evidence) then the death penalty should go ahead immediately. Where there is more doubt, I think the judge should determine whether or not death penalty should be applied.
What if I confessed to protect my brother though? I could be completely innocent but I literally take the bullet you've just killed an innocent man and let the killer go free.

there is also no way to justify the death penalty.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
What if I confessed to protect my brother though? I could be completely innocent but I literally take the bullet you've just killed an innocent man and let the killer go free.

there is also no way to justify the death penalty.
Then that's on you for protecting your brother. If we don't know that it wasn't you, then you can't blame us for that...

I feel that death penalty is justified - that's your opinion that it's not...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads