Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=crazycrazy;62352313]
    (Original post by Nanodae)

Did you apply through UCAS?
    Yes I applied through UCAS for the September 2016 entry.
    Quite odd haha, but finding out earlier would be a bonus - May is such a while away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staffordshire University)
    Hey everyone - hope you interviews are all going well. I'm not sure if this is relevant to anyone here but I'm just letting you know that we've got 15 places left for our Adult Nursing course, starting in March. So if you think you've left it too late to apply or you know someone who wants to, it might be good to know.

Hi, i applied to Staffordshire uni on January 13th so am not sure if i left it too late to apply because i know people who applied earlier already have a place. I haven't heard any response from staffs and is my 1st choice. The waiting is so hard, please do you know how long it takes to hear back. Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Twigs84)
    Hi, i applied to Staffordshire uni on January 13th so am not sure if i left it too late to apply because i know people who applied earlier already have a place. I haven't heard any response from staffs and is my 1st choice. The waiting is so hard, please do you know how long it takes to hear back. Thanks
    Heya, if you've applied before the 15th then you are not too late to apply. Is this for September 2016 intake or March...? I know the waiting can be difficult but hang in there! If you're really worried you can give us a call just to check that your application has all been received properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staffordshire University)
    Heya, if you've applied before the 15th then you are not too late to apply. Is this for September 2016 intake or March...? I know the waiting can be difficult but hang in there! If you're really worried you can give us a call just to check that your application has all been received properly.
    I applied for the September intake but if there are no places left for September i am considering the march

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSMITH33)
    Ah hope it went good and you get in! for the Southampton maths test are you allowed a calculator? and are the questions written is a proper sentence or is it just for example "30% of 500" would you say I need to revise conversions, litres milligrams ect ... Sorry for all the questions I'm so bad at math For the English is it just asking your opinion o the documents they want us to read? thanks so much for your help
    You too with Bournemouth! No calculator and yes proper sentences which catches you out a bit. I would suggest revising conversions too! No problem, I am not the best either but at southampton they take the whole day into account! No problem, I may be asking you more questions about bournemouth when I get a date. A girl I met today went to bournemouth Monday and got an offer yesterday, so she said they were quick at getting back to you

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Nanodae;62352391]
    (Original post by crazycrazy)

Yes I applied through UCAS for the September 2016 entry.
    Quite odd haha, but finding out earlier would be a bonus - May is such a while away!
    I hope it's not May. Were you morning or afternoon session?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=crazycrazy;62353331]

I hope it's not May. Were you morning or afternoon session?
    I hope it isn't either, although the email says we will find out in May we may know before that if they happen to interview all the applicants as soon as possible.
    I was in the morning session

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Nanodae;62353661]

I hope it isn't either, although the email says we will find out in May we may know before that if they happen to interview all the applicants as soon as possible.
    I was in the morning session
    The email stated May for child nursing not Adults just checked it

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=crazycrazy;62354447]

The email stated May for child nursing not Adults just checked it
    Oh? mine says May for all nursing branches (last bullet point, unless you are exceptional.)

- Candidates for Adult and Mental Health nursing who perform exceptionally well may be offered places shortly after interview.

- All candidates who are not successful will also be notified.

- Please note, all applicants for Children’s nursing who pass the initial selection process will be held, to be considered and notified of the outcome in May 2016. This is due to the very small amount of available places.

- All other applicants who have passed the initial selection process will be ‘held’ to be considered and notified of the outcome in May 2016.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omr1995)
    You too with Bournemouth! No calculator and yes proper sentences which catches you out a bit. I would suggest revising conversions too! No problem, I am not the best either but at southampton they take the whole day into account! No problem, I may be asking you more questions about bournemouth when I get a date. A girl I met today went to bournemouth Monday and got an offer yesterday, so she said they were quick at getting back to you
    Did you you use any practice papers to practice the maths, if so where did you get them from I can't from any for Southampton uni. The other unis I have been to have provided a practice copy
    Yes bourmeouth said they should reply within a week which is quick !! Let me know how yours goes !

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Nanodae;62354817]

Oh? mine says May for all nursing branches (last bullet point, unless you are exceptional.)

- Candidates for Adult and Mental Health nursing who perform exceptionally well may be offered places shortly after interview.

- All candidates who are not successful will also be notified.

- Please note, all applicants for Children’s nursing who pass the initial selection process will be held, to be considered and notified of the outcome in May 2016. This is due to the very small amount of available places.

- All other applicants who have passed the initial selection process will be ‘held’ to be considered and notified of the outcome in May 2016.
    Oh okay but we were definitely told on the day late feb early March so hopefully not too much of a wait

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=crazycrazy;62356935]

Oh okay but we were definitely told on the day late feb early March so hopefully not too much of a wait
    Not to worry and I sure hope so, Beds is my first choice so that would be really great if we heard back earlier than May.

ReputationRep:
    No you're not allowed a calculator, they'll give you a separate sheet for your calculations, make sure you know your maths! Some questions are written, some aren't. Just depends. And yes you do need to learn your conversions! And the english basically consists on the documents they send you to read. ☺☺

ReputationRep:
    are you allowed to have the documents with you to refer to in the written exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emjan23)
    I applied on the 8th of December and still haven't heard anything back either! Getting a bit worried
    Northumbria always email you when they get your application and the interview isn't put on track so just keep an eye out, I think they interview through to March, so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkowens)
    Northumbria always email you when they get your application and the interview isn't put on track so just keep an eye out, I think they interview through to March, so don't worry
    I meant to say DONT always email you l, sorry 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsbish2014)
    are you allowed to have the documents with you to refer to in the written exam?
    No unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elflorblack)
    No unfortunately
    I thought not, it's all very repetitious anyway.... i could probably summarise all 3 documents in a few lines. It's just the 6cs NHS values and lots of waffle in between!

I'm more worried about the maths exam

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same! I'm really worried! I've emailed Northumbria. I sent mine on the 10th dec! What qualifications are you doing a level or BTEC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omr1995)
    For the English test on the email they sent it says pick two of the documents to read out of the three, does that mean you get to chose what two you write about? Can you remeber what question they asked for the English essay? really worrying about it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.