Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracemarielewis)
    I had an informal interview for Swansea and the lecturer said on the day they'd offer me a place but it didn't go through UCAS until nearly 2 weeks later. Good luck!
    Many thanks for the reply and good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances98)
    I applied on the 18th December
    You should hear soon hopefully. What uni(s) have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Kent, Essex, Brunel or Bradford (law)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexD101)
    You should hear soon hopefully. What uni(s) have you applied for?
    Glasgow obviously
    City university London (offer)
    Anglia Ruskin Cambridge campus (offer)
    Manchester university (interview in March)
    University of Sheffield (rejejction pre interview)

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow obviously
    City university London (offer)
    Anglia Ruskin Cambridge campus (offer)
    Manchester university (interview in March)
    University of Sheffield (rejejction pre interview)
    That's amazing you have offers from London and Cambridge. If you get offers from the you should definitely get one for Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexD101)
    That's amazing you have offers from London and Cambridge. If you get offers from the you should definitely get one for Glasgow.
    It's not Cambridge university you know. Its hair another university in Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    It's not Cambridge university you know. Its hair another university in Cambridge
    yeah i know

ReputationRep:
    Woot woot just received my fifth and final offer today, 7 hours after my interview for the last uni.

Applied 13th Jan.
    Leeds sent an email for interview scheduling on 21st Jan (Set for 10th Feb)
    Leicester gave an offer on 28th Jan
    Sheffield gave an offer on 4th Feb
    Birmingham sent an email saying they would make an offer (within 2 weeks on UCAS) on 4th Feb
    Did interview for Leeds 9am 10th Feb.
    Nottingham, Birmingham, Leeds gave offers on 10th Feb.

It took Leeds less than 7 hours after the interview which really surprised me. I was expecting 3 days to a week for a response.

By chance, does anyone know what PEIA means?

ReputationRep:
    Same here, just got my final offer from the fifth university, so excited!!
    Now is the hard decision of picking which one to firm and insure :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for a response from Durham for International Relations too.

(Original post by ConFitz)
    Has anyone heard from Birmingham, Kent, Durham, Essex and UEA? I've applied for Politics and International Relations (or variations on the name).

It's been over a month and I'm still waiting on Warwick, Birmingham and Edinburgh.

Warwick's my much preferred first choice, so this wait is killing me. Anyone else waiting on Politics and Sociology at Warwick? Or Warwick in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    It's been over a month and I'm still waiting on Warwick, Birmingham and Edinburgh.

Warwick's my much preferred first choice, so this wait is killing me. Anyone else waiting on Politics and Sociology at Warwick? Or Warwick in general?
    Here! Almost guaranteed to be rejected though, but I'm waiting for Edinburgh and Warwick as well (for CompSci). I applied on the 14th January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanillaboy)
    Here! Almost guaranteed to be rejected though, but I'm waiting for Edinburgh and Warwick as well (for CompSci). I applied on the 14th January.
    I applied on about the same date. Where else have you heard from? I got offers from Durham, Cardiff, Swansea but nothing from Birm or WW yet.

ReputationRep:
    One uni I applied to two months ago, still waiting for a reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    I applied on about the same date. Where else have you heard from? I got offers from Durham, Cardiff, Swansea but nothing from Birm or WW yet.
    I applied to Ed, WW, King's, St. Andrews and UCL. Rejected from King's around a week ago (part of the reason why I'm so sure of a WW rejection), due to not meeting entry requirements. I'm an international though, so the entry requirements from university to university differ largely based on how they interpret our grading system.
    Haven't heard back from anywhere else.

Edit: And congrats on the Durham offer! Great school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanillaboy)
    I applied to Ed, WW, King's, St. Andrews and UCL. Rejected from King's around a week ago (part of the reason why I'm so sure of a WW rejection), due to not meeting entry requirements. I'm an international though, so the entry requirements from university to university differ largely based on how they interpret our grading system.
    Haven't heard back from anywhere else.

Edit: And congrats on the Durham offer! Great school.
    International from where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assan)
    International from where?
    I'm from Sweden.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application mid Dec and still waiting on Sussex, Southampton, Nottingham and Oxford Brookes universitys for Zoology/Animal Biology courses. Anyone else still waiting for these unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinderella.09)
    Sent off my application mid Dec and still waiting on Sussex, Southampton, Nottingham and Oxford Brookes universitys for Zoology/Animal Biology courses. Anyone else still waiting for these unis?
    Yes im waiting for Southampton. I applied for Cardiac Physiology & attended the selection process on Thursday. They said they will reply back within 10 days,
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGB1997)
    I currently have four out my five offers and received them all very quickly. My application was finalised and sent off during the Christmas holidays and I received my first offer from the University of Greenwich on the 5th January. This was followed by an offer from Canterbury Christchurch on the 13th January and the University of Westminster also sent me an offer the next day. I then had to wait until the 21st January to receive a surprise offer from Goldsmiths University of London.

I've still not heard from the University of Kent which I found strange as my school is linked with the University of Kent and we regularly have work shops and courses such as 'Stepping Up' and the 'Extended Project Qualification' through them. Has anyone else applied to the University of Kent to study history heard back from them at all as it's really frustrating being the only reply I've not received yet.
    Same situation; all offers received (Surrey, Leicester, Reading, Portsmouth) asides from Kent. There are others like us in the Kent thread, so i'm guessing if you sent it at/right after Christmas you'll be in for a long wait.

What are you applying for? And if you do get an offer, do tell!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.