The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Litts
It's for Cardiff.

Nope, no uplift mentioned :-(

Hi, may I ask how you scored on the interview? :smile: I'm just curious because I'm sure I read previously that the take on people in order of performance, just wondering if that's true in reality.
Original post by DeltaGuy
Sure I have heard nothing lol don't think scores count for much the way this is working!

Sorry deltaguy thought you said you had had your formal offer! Maybe not then! I heard that was how it worked! Don't think there's a set pattern or process to this is there lol
Original post by lawgrad13
Mine will probably be VAT (after discussions with manager) and based at Trinity Bridge House, are you starting on 28th as well?

Are you internal then? I'm still at 'provisional offer ' stage!! Anxiously awaiting the next step!!
Original post by Bunny2837
Are you internal then? I'm still at 'provisional offer ' stage!! Anxiously awaiting the next step!!

I was external at time of application but internal since
Reply 2304
Got 28th as well but in Croydon for Business: Enforcement & Compliance, I'm happy with the role but not location, does anyone know if they will let you move? Im so close to stratford/euston that croydon was the worst location!
Original post by 11222333abc
For those who have received formal offers, what are your notice periods? Are you all able to start on the 28th or will you be negotiating?

Escapalda - Was stratford your preferred location and they've put you in Croydon?

If Stratford was given as an option I would have definitely put down stratford as my first choice. It might have just said London and not broken it down into Stratford and Croydon. Just hope its only for first 12 weeks. I'm starting on 28.11.16
Reply 2306
@Daj Im in corydon too, whats your role, mine said i have to customer calls, so thinking call centre :frown:
Original post by daj19
Got 28th as well but in Croydon for Business: Enforcement & Compliance, I'm happy with the role but not location, does anyone know if they will let you move? Im so close to stratford/euston that croydon was the worst location!

Absolutely in the same boat as you. Even had my interview in Stratford Jubilee House.I have been asking around and was told to accept the offer initially and then to kick up a fuss with new manager saying it will take over 1 hour and 20 mins travelling everyday.
Reply 2308
Original post by 1Kim
@Daj Im in corydon too, whats your role, mine said i have to customer calls, so thinking call centre :frown:

Business: Enforcement & Compliance
Reply 2309
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Absolutely in the same boat as you. Even had my interview in Stratford Jubilee House.I have been asking around and was told to accept the offer initially and then to kick up a fuss with new manager saying it will take over 1 hour and 20 mins travelling everyday.

Exactly! I told them throughout the process that I wouldn't mind any location by Croydon and yet I'm stuck in Croydon. I know someone whose working there already and apparently after a few weeks you can tell them that you wanna do 2/3 days work from home and then come in for the other days which isn't bad but still would prefer somewhere closer.
Original post by 1Kim

What grade is that- AO?
Reply 2311
Congrats to everyone so far. Good to know I was wrong.

Regarding working hours, everythi.g is computer based e-learning. You have flexi time so can start whenever you want, as long as you average 7 hours and 24 minutes.

Edit: E&C is huge. You could be doing anything. Your email will have more informaion about the area yyou go in.
Reply 2312

I literally live next door to the Stratford office - I couldn't be any closer if I tried! It makes sense to place me there and this is the only location I put down on the application form. But I heard there's not many places there for new starters and I may be placed in Croydon. It would be really inconvenient as I'd walk past Jubilee House every day.
Original post by Zyro
Congrats to everyone so far. Good to know I was wrong.

Regarding working hours, everythi.g is computer based e-learning. You have flexi time so can start whenever you want, as long as you average 7 hours and 24 minutes.

Edit: E&C is huge. You could be doing anything. Your email will have more informaion about the area yyou go in.

My email didnt say anything apart from enforcement and compliance.i currently work in that department already but not in tax and in custom house. But i know e&c is absolutely huge. If i worked 2-3 days from home that would soften the blow somewhat.
Reply 2314
My email didnt say anything apart from enforcement and compliance.i currently work in that department already but not in tax and in custom house. But i know e&c is absolutely huge. If i worked 2-3 days from home that would soften the blow somewhat.

Study from home is perfectly acceptable. Work however isn't anywhere near as likely in most tax professions, though I believe sone like VAT are onlyyou in, the office 1-2 days a week at the moment.
Reply 2315
Im from feb campaign and chose Stratford as my first and only choice. Still waiting on formal confirmation. When i chased them in July. They had only needed 2 people then. Not sure how many they require now. Ive heard there are some issues with the stratford office. not sure how reliable it is.
Hi I've had an offer for the 28/11 for Bootle, but I have a holiday for that week :dong:.

Also, has anyone found that the offer email mentions bringing a form on the first day which is attached, but it's not been attached?
Original post by katehay1
Hi I've had an offer for the 28/11 for Bootle, but I have a holiday for that week :dong:.

Also, has anyone found that the offer email mentions bringing a form on the first day which is attached, but it's not been attached?

Have you checked the attachments in the portal?
I'm still anxiously waiting for a formal offer and start date :frown:

1320 London
Reply 2319
Anyone here 1667/16

Latest

Trending

Trending