Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

ReputationRep:
    History's killing me , going to do a timeline for British economy

ReputationRep:
    Additional science is taking so long... need to get these cards by 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamara7)
    START REVISING!!!

Of course you've still achieve your goal (10A*s is a very high goal though ), just make sure you know your own revision style to revise effectively. It may be different for each subject you do, for example when I did my GCSEs, mindmaps were good for history, but highlighting and colours were good for religious studies and English to remember quotes.

Good luck with your revision, which yoo'll start now, right? :eyebrow:
    Oh yeah, Im gonna start revising now, but how long should I revise for everyday if I wanna achieve my goal? Thanks for that BTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennissingh99)
    Oh yeah, Im gonna start revising now, but how long should I revise for everyday if I wanna achieve my goal? Thanks for that BTW
    Whatever works for you There's no set time, just make sure it's enough and you realistically revise for however long you choose. I personally don't have a set time I do everyday, all I know is that I've literally been revising for the whole day, like since 12 (with breaks in between , then again I'm doing A Levels...)

Just remember: don't revise for too long, sleep is important!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever works for you There's no set time, just make sure it's enough and you realistically revise for however long you choose. I personally don't have a set time I do everyday, all I know is that I've literally been revising for the whole day, like since 12 (with breaks in between , then again I'm doing A Levels...)

Just remember: don't revise for too long, sleep is important!
    What subjects do you do, since when have you been revising

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 marks of 90% UMS in the C4 paper!

Even though I don't use a timetable I get quite a lot done. I usually aim to get as much done as I can in one bit of my subjects and the rest I'll do another time. For GCSEs, I sprinkled my revision for essay subjects which took longer and harder to revise for (English, RS and History) with tiny slots of easier subjects to revise for (Graphics, German) but not with ones I was strong at (Maths, the sciences) because there's just no point! It made revision more bearable. I don't know which subjects you do, but maybe you could try something similar
    Thanks so much for your help. Good luck with Alevels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    What subjects do you do, since when have you been revising
    OCR biology, OCR A chemistry, OCR psychology & Edexcel maths, what about you?
    I've been revising since around 12:00 today, I'm just finishing up now :work:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillyroselove)
    Thanks so much for your help. Good luck with Alevels!
    No problem, good luck with your GCSEs!

ReputationRep:
    Okay it's about 8:20am here but this will be my 8am check in as I didn't find this forum until now - I'm currently working on my 9.3 transpiration notes for a-level biology, how's everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    Okay 9 AM and those notes on transpiration are done, now for a quick break and then onto ventilation and gas exchange

ReputationRep:
    Going to start creating poetry posters from 9.15 to 10am...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babs Posh)
    Going to start creating poetry posters from 9.15 to 10am...
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Right so I just woke up so now I'm gonna get ready to revise from 1100 till 1230 today. I'll check in then. My first revision session. Wish me luck. Please give me some tips to keep going with revision. Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennissingh99)
    Right so I just woke up so now I'm gonna get ready to revise from 1100 till 1230 today. I'll check in then. My first revision session. Wish me luck. Please give me some tips to keep going with revision. Thanks again
    What are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start at 11 and use the next half an hour to figure out what I want (need) to get done this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    What are you revising?
    Im probably gonna revise additional and further science today. I was thinking about revising for History but I dont know how to do that. Help would be appriciated for that. Im doing OCR History B modern world. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey all :hugs:

Well. I'm incredibly, incredibly behind on my revision. (Almost a month behind schedule/where I should be) I haven't been able to do much lately/concentrate due to lots of things so I'm hoping that using this thread again will help me change that. - Starting with a Biology unit 1 past paper then Biology unit 2 notes at 4pm. I hope everyone is doing well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Hey all :hugs:

Well. I'm incredibly, incredibly behind on my revision. (Almost a month behind schedule/where I should be) I haven't been able to do much lately/concentrate due to lots of things so I'm hoping that using this thread again will help me change that. - Starting with a Biology unit 1 past paper then Biology unit 2 notes at 4pm. I hope everyone is doing well.
    Goodluck and go for it :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doing chemistry amount of substance, last topic of the day! yay!

ReputationRep:
    If its any consolation so am I!! I think i was being too optimistic and didn't set realistic aims :-( there's plenty of time left however so I'm sure you'll be fine! :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.