Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me feel normal

(Original post by Steamof)
    Are you mentally disturbed or is it some other problem you dont know. I used to have that problem a while ago myself
    Sorry but that's slightly too personal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Sorry but that's slightly too personal
    No problem. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get sleep even though I was mentally calm thats why I asked

(Original post by Steamof)
    No problem. I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get sleep even though I was mentally calm thats why I asked
    Oh I see, well thanks for caring but I am not mentally calm :lol:

Wish everything would **** off and i could just ignore it all

ReputationRep:
    does insomnia count as an extenuating/mitigating circumstance when applying to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Don't fancy sleeping because waking up is just rediscovering everything that is wrong..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellomynameisr)
    does insomnia count as an extenuating/mitigating circumstance when applying to uni?
    Depending on how it's presented, yes.

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    No worries. I managed about 5 hours sleep for each weekday last week - but then, I had no choice because work is work. Plus it helps (work, that is), after I get home I'm mentally exhausted (even though I still manage to screw it up by not sleeping till around 02:00)... on the weekends however it gets bad because I don't do much and end up staying awake until I force myself to sleep on the Sunday night - kinda like right now, I should probably try and sleep but it's not gonna happen till at least a couple more hours. I've set my alarm to 08:00 for tomorrow.

In emergencies, I do have benzodiazepines to temporarily fix my sleeping pattern in order to get into a routine.

How about you?
    Aw that sucks. The worst feeling when you all you want to do is sleep but you can't! Forcing yourself never works for me though. I think I have to be shattered to the point of collapsing before I can get a good decent dreamless sleep of 4/5 hours.

How long has it been? Sorry if you've answered that before. Do the benzos work?

(Original post by Vanessaxx98)
    Thank you so much!! And if you enjoy it please do share it with anyone else who might be interested. Just looking to expand it really it is in its early stages.
    I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look last night as something came up but hopefully tonight! I will Defo pass it around

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Wish everything would **** off and i could just ignore it all
    :lovehug:

:jumphug:

:heart:

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Don't fancy sleeping because waking up is just rediscovering everything that is wrong..
    That's the quote of my life :lol:

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I had been watching Most Haunted- It's silly and the earlier series were slightly scary, now it's a comedy and very funny. The last episode the couple who do it had a domestic and started arguing about responsibilities such as the dishwasher. Some books fell of a very disorganised book room.- I started discussing the Roman Legion walking through the Room and looked it up on google. I went onto a blog about Ghosts, the first post I read had a pretty creepy story and one that kinda was very disturbing. I thought I was going to have a nightmare and so I told myself I wasn't going to have one. Woke up and didn't have one.
    True Story.

The point I'm making is, I've learn that I can influence my dreams and control them to some extent. It just requires practice and trial and error.

Didn't mean to sleep for so long.
    Hate waking up because im still dizzy and feel crap :/
    might just sleep for the rest of the night but have so much to do :closedeyes:

didnt mean for that to be anon lol ^

Didn't mean to sleep for so long.
    Hate waking up because im still dizzy and feel crap :/
    might just sleep for the rest of the night but have so much to do :closedeyes:
    Eat something! And smile Then sleep

(Original post by ZuluK)
    Eat something! And smile Then sleep
    Just ate dinner :hugs:
    My smile is horrendous loool :rofl: i look even more retarded than normal so it is lucky that i dont smile that often
    might do that lovely :goodnight:
    how are you doing? :lovehug: x

Just ate dinner :hugs:
    My smile is horrendous loool :rofl: i look even more retarded than normal so it is lucky that i dont smile that often
    might do that lovely :goodnight:
    how are you doing? :lovehug: x
    Ooohhh what did you eat?

Looool well no one has to look at you :lol: and I bet you look beautiful. I once got told off by a stranger for looking creepy cuz I was smiling at my phone and laughing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Aw that sucks. The worst feeling when you all you want to do is sleep but you can't! Forcing yourself never works for me though. I think I have to be shattered to the point of collapsing before I can get a good decent dreamless sleep of 4/5 hours.

How long has it been? Sorry if you've answered that before. Do the benzos work?
    By force, I mean medically. Otherwise, it's as you say, I'd have to be up for several days before my brain shuts down for me and I collapse.

About 8 years maybe? That's okay, I can't even remember what answer I gave you last time lol, if any.

Oh god, yes... definitely - benzos work magnificently. It was definitely a life changer. Even sweeter than opiate/opioid painkillers. It's also great for people who rely on alcohol to sleep - which a lot of people do since a prescription isn't exactly needed, but benzos do it far better and at the same time reduce any cravings for a drink. Neither are solutions nevermind cures, but whatever, it works.

Is anyone around?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone around?
    Hello.

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Hello.
    Hey how are you sir?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.