Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MehdiK24)
    For the overlapping and time frame part you would get full marks as the answer do nkt need to be in context. For part b they will knock down a mark because you said 6+ which means 7 OR ABOVE. Therefore there is no choice for 6. Part c they should give you the mark.
    For thr varnish questiom you need to show how you reached you reached rhe answer of 7.5. marks in rhat question will also be awarded for your ability to find the area of a combined shape. In that you may risk to lose one or two max marks in tot
    I have only 3x2.5 which is 7.5 and gave them answer as she doesnt have enough.
    Also you know the probablilty, i got 0.05 wrong as i wrote 0.5 will i still get 3 marks or is it possible i get 2 marks right from there.
    Also on standard form question i have done right working out. But i wrote the answers as 0.7x10^8 will still get full or it will be awarded as 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaseen10)
    I have only 3x2.5 which is 7.5 and gave them answer as she doesnt have enough.
    Also you know the probablilty, i got 0.05 wrong as i wrote 0.5 will i still get 3 marks or is it possible i get 2 marks right from there.
    Also on standard form question i have done right working out. But i wrote the answers as 0.7x10^8 will still get full or it will be awarded as 1 mark.
    The probability question part b had an answer of 0.04 so i am now assuming that your 5 was a typo for the sake of this conversation. If you wrote 0.4 you get penalised only by getting one mark off. If you had the correct answer of 0.04 you would be getting full marks. Or on the other hand if you are referring to part a, then writing 0.5 instead of 0.05 would lose you marks in part a too, as well as to part b if you preceded accordingly, and i assume you did 0.8 * 0.5 which gives the wring asnwer still. But you would be getting marks for the rest of the diagram and recognising the 0.8 in your part b calculation, as long as your 0.8 was also written there.

The standard form question you would get penalised by getting one mark off.

For the varnish one you would be getting some marks off because as far as i can tell from what you said is that you have only worked out 7.5l as what she has and compared it with 10l needed. The examiner would not know where you got the 10 from as that answer had a few marks behind that would have been obtained by the working out.

ReputationRep:
    If i wrote 3b-a for question 23 wud i still get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    guys its done, go n revise for paper 2, wait until 24th august for the grade boundaries and til next year for the official mark scheme ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ef thnethnt)
    If i wrote 3b-a for question 23 wud i still get the mark?
    For part b then absolutely yes. It does nkt make a differnece abt the order at which your vectors are written

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coreHelp)
    guys its done, go n revise for paper 2, wait until 24th august for the grade boundaries and til next year for the official mark scheme ffs
    What do you think how many marks do we need total to get C, i think last year was 65 this year it will 70 marks for C

ReputationRep:
    I think a C will be 62 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    No they just asked for the answer in terms of pi
    Phew! Thought I lost a mark there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaseen10)
    What do you think how many marks do we need total to get C, i think last year was 65 this year it will 70 marks for C
    idk maybe around 85-90

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coreHelp)
    August 25th for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katodizzle)
    My teacher gave us a potential list:
    simultaneous equations - linear and quadratic
    trial and improvement
    stem and leaf
    solving equations
    trigonometry
    sine + cosine rules
    scatter graphs
    factors, multiples, primes
    length, area and volume formulas
    number sequences
    solving quadratics
    frequency polygons
    histograms
    area + circumference of circles, sectors
    volume, surface area of 3D shapes
    box plots
    bearings
    upper and lower bounds
    angles - parallel lines, polygons
    stratified samples
    percentage increase, decrease or % backwards
    HCF and LCM
    mean from a frequency table
    ratio
    recurring decimals to fractions
    compound interest
    rearranging formula
    pie charts
    pythag theorem
    moving averages
    cumulative frequency
    sine and cosine graphs
    algebraic fractions
    x^2 + y^2= 25 circle equation
    completing the square
    number proof
    transformation of curves

i thought they dont do moving averages anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debruyne)
    i thought they dont do moving averages anymore
    IIRC AQA and OCR still have it, but Edexcel doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    What do u think the grade coundries to get a C would be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCB)
    I think a C will be 62 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe it will be more because last year was 65

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakif)
    August 25th for me
    25th is results day, 24th grade boundary release hny

ReputationRep:
    I got 47 marks on this paper how much will i need to get A overall on the next paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eduard-Student)
    I got 47 marks on this paper how much will i need to get A overall on the next paper?
    An 'A' is predicted to be around 135 marks ish (predicted by my mum whom is a head of maths at Manchester grammar) so 88ish marks but to be sure aim higher.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of questions, if someone can help:-

1. For the square inside the circle, I thought they were asking for the area of one shaded bit, rather than 4.

I wrote 100 - 25pi, then in the next line, (100-25pi)/4 What do I score for this?

2. For the construction questions, I only put in my construction lines for the intersection, not the preliminary ones. Do I score any marks at all?

3. For the mid-point question, I misread the question as trying to find the mid=point of the two co-ordinates given, instead of reading it as the mid point. I calculate correctly to find the mid=point though. I assume I score 0/2?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    For Q10 (mid-point), I found the mid-point by using the same method when finding the median in a small set of numerical data... I didn't know how to calculate it using algebra but check the attachment for an example of how I found one of the variables.

Would I get full marks (2/2) for this? My answer was (-3, -2).
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxr)
    For Q10 (mid-point), I found the mid-point by using the same method when finding the median in a small set of numerical data... I didn't know how to calculate it using algebra but check the attachment for an example of how I found one of the variables.

Would I get full marks (2/2) for this? My answer was (-3, -2).
    Or you could just solve it like an equation...

Name:  Eniu3ay.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  212.8 KB

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.