Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    for trial and improvement I got 3.8. But made the equation =0. It was x^3-x=34 , I made it x^3-x-34=0. Will I get marks? still got 3.8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    It definitely won't be that Low for an A. The paper wasn't even harder than last year.
    i guess so, i can only hope for the best then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Wasn't the last question like 1/2 * 7 * 8 Sin(X) = 18

56Sin(x) = 36

Sin^-1(36/56) = X

x = 40

???

I think I did it wrong then.
    You've done it partly right you just found the wrong angle by accident! Luckily, to find the actual angle this was one of the steps so you will hopefully still get 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hermione118)
    You've done it partly right you just found the wrong angle by accident! Luckily, to find the actual angle this was one of the steps so you will hopefully still get 2 marks.
    How many marks did you count?

ReputationRep:
    Just curious: how do people count their marks?
    Do you just add in the odd 2-3 marks for working you think you might get as you go along?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help double check if i get marks for this question please on the non calculator.

NON CALC

1) For question 3 par t a, does it count as a mark if you put 'often' was repeated two times in question and answer boxes?

2) question 3 (part c)
    Can you say that it's kinda biased to ask students in a maths room about how much crisp they buy because it's better like to ask in a shop or supermarket how much crisp people buy do i get a mark for it?

3) question 18 (part b)
    would i get atleast 1 mark if i simplified it to?
    37 5
    --- - ---
    15 3

4) For question 21 (part a) would i get at least 2 marks for putiing 0.8 and 0.3?

ReputationRep:
    What will be the grade boundaries for a B? I know last year it was 95, will it be higher?

ReputationRep:
    By the ways, the reason why people got 80.4 degrees and 80.1 degrees if because if you rounded the length of BC (after using the half x ab x sin c equation), you'll get 80.1 as an answer whereas if you did not round at all, you would get 80.4 degrees. I'm safe to say both answers are right.

ReputationRep:
    I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 do u guys reckon that an A ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 do u guys reckon that an A ???
    Did you count your marks with method marks for questions you got wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajive)
    Did you count your marks with method marks for questions you got wrong?
    Even tho I acc may have got some of the method marks ones I didn't count them in.

ReputationRep:
    I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 what grade ???

ReputationRep:
    I got 60 in paper 1 and 74-77 in paper 2 what grade ???
    Borderline A/B, it will be close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    Borderline A/B, it will be close.
    Overall what do you reckon it will be ?

ReputationRep:
    Overall what do you reckon it will be ?
    Nothing is guaranteed. I thought it was a very fair paper but if I HAD to make a decision ( and assuming you have more method marks that you have not counted) I would think an "A".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrPeter)
    Nothing is guaranteed. I thought it was a very fair paper but if I HAD to make a decision ( and assuming you have more method marks that you have not counted) I would think an "A".
    What do you think the grade A boundary will be based on last year being 125 and 2014-133

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if I will get the full 6 marks for 80.1 for the last question? Most people wrote 80.4 now i think i wont get it ;[

ReputationRep:
    When I worked out the difference between them it was 1.872 difference for the 3.8 and for 3.7 the difference was 1.847, so surely 3.7 is closer??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsispoolol)
    When I worked out the difference between them it was 1.872 difference for the 3.8 and for 3.7 the difference was 1.847, so surely 3.7 is closer??
    thats not how you do trial and improvement

3.8 is closer

solution of x is not 3.75 because 3.75 is too small for x, so its after 3.75 which rounds to 3.8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sehrishnaveed12)
    i dont know why i have a feeling the grade boundaries are going to be lower because of the first non-calulator paper. i feel i did a lot better in the calculator paper but im not sure if it was enough to get an A. i really dont want a B but i just dont know. i think it may be around 115-120/200. (hopefully).
    You definitely got a B

A will be like 135, 130-140

These were the easiest papers I have seen in the recent years.
    But.. i made those stupid mistakes :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.