The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No, we don't have the same surname. He's my stepdad to be precise :smile:
Even without the same surname it'd be risky. I'm surprised he wrote it for you in the first place. Couldn't you go to a walk in centre and get one there?
I went to a walk in centre yesterday and the doctor said they don't write me a note.
I've decided that I'm just going to call my manager and tell her the truth. The worst she can do is sack me. Oh well :frown:
Please help :bawling:
Bangers+Mash
Please help :bawling:

:hugs:

What's wrong?
My life is so messed up - i dont know where to go or what to do.
Ever since ive failed my course i really have no idea and i have no money - i have to pay for my house regardless of what i do.
Im so confused.
How is everyone this morning?
Hi Hannah, :hugs:

How are you?
jonathan122
Hi Hannah, :hugs:

How are you?

Ah, y'know. Still here. How about you my lovely?
I'm ok. :smile:

One of my "friends" sent me a letter saying that they never meant to hurt me, and that they thought they were doing the right thing, which brings to mind the saying about the road to hell being paved with good intentions, but apart from that I'm ok.
jonathan122
I'm ok. :smile:

One of my "friends" sent me a letter saying that they never meant to hurt me, and that they thought they were doing the right thing, which brings to mind the saying about the road to hell being paved with good intentions, but apart from that I'm ok.

I've found the illness does make you a bit of an island... people don't know how to deal with you and they often hurt instead of help. I don't know the backstory here, but people tend to generally be poorly informed and insentive rather than malicious. Of course, everyone has come across a few evil *****. :s-smilie:
Spoken to my care co-ordinator who spoke to my psychiatrist. He said he stop taking the olanzapine because it could be making me anxious, and I might be starting propranolol.
Feeling anxious and I don't know why. Maybe I'm scared about what she'll do... I never meant to say anything about it, and now I'm scared it'll get out of hand. My GPs away till next thursday, so he isn't around, but what if she tries to ring my parents. I hate how this always happens: I know you have to do risk assessments but I've been just about coping since whenever without anything, but now it's well you've told me so I have to do something, but if I hadn't said anything nothing'd have to be done. I just wonder if being honest is ever the right thing.
:frown: this is hard. struggling. why am i still here :frown:
I feel that I've been unfairly robbed of my chance of being happy today. I had a horrible dream last night where I was just screaming at everyone, and woke up feeling angry and upset. Now I can't shake that feeling. How annoying.

I'm also slightly worried because my friend is ill. Last night at the pub she got really cold and went pale and her teeth were chattering - then she said she felt faint and thought she was going to be sick. The thing that worries me is, she's just come back from Zambia and she missed the last bit of her course of malaria tablets - can anyone with medical knowledge tell me if this means it could be malaria or not? I'm worried about her. :frown:

EDIT: The only time I've seen anyone look like that before was a boy who took ecstasy for the first time and had a bad experience with it. This isn't the case with my friend though - I was with her all night and besides, she's never even touched a cigarette... there's no way she would ever try drugs.
It's okay - my friend hasn't got malaria! NHS Direct sent a doctor out to her at 2am last night because she had a high fever, vomiting, stomach pains etc, and he said she's having a relapse of the viral gastroenteritis she had while she was in Zambia. So it's not very pleasant for her, but at least she'll be okay. :smile:
phew for the non malaria thing.
I feel like ive been stabbed through the heart with the uni thing in not even sure im that bothered to be fair. What am i gonna do with the rest of my life now?? Im gutted i havent even left my room today and i dont want to.
I just want be restart everything.
I'm glad she doesn't have malaria =]
Thanks people. I hope you sort things out soon fairy spangles - I can't offer much in the way of advice since I know nothing about these things, but I can offer :hugs:.

Unfortunately, despite being relieved that my friend is okay, it has not improved my mood as I hoped it would. I NEED to cut. I need it so badly. The willpower I am exerting right now is extraordinary.
I hope you don't cut yourself. How about distraction techniques? Or watching a comedy. I find it helps for me. I'm nine months self harm free =] I never thought I'd make it, but here I am. You can do it too.

Latest