Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
abcdefg1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Economist1)
I got an offer for Economics, but the conditions are as follows: "This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A level including Maths plus a pass in A level Further Maths from your June 2009 examinations."

I am in a similar position to you. I did my A2 Maths last year and am doing my A2 Further Maths this year. I have already got an A in the Maths A-level, but it has not yet been certified (I presume that is also the same for you). Since I am only doing 4 subjects at A2-level, it is clear that one of the A grades must include the A I got in Maths last year.

In other words, I'm pretty sure that means you only have to get AAB at A-level (I seriously doubt that they would give anyone an AAAB offer anyway), but if you are still unsure, you can always give them a call.
cool, thanks for the help. does LSE give offers for 4 grades?
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abcdefg1990)
cool, thanks for the help. does LSE give offers for 4 grades?
They did in my case. I'm not complaining though - an offer is an offer - and because of my A in Maths last year and my marks from AS-level, I effectively need to get CCE from the exams this year in Economics, History and Further Maths respectively to meet the conditions of the offer.
yodude888
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
, I effectively need to get CCE from the exams this year in Economics, History and Further Maths respectively to meet the conditions of the offer.
Ah man, you've got absolutely no chance of achieving that :eek:
abcdefg1990
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They did in my case. I'm not complaining though - an offer is an offer - and because of my A in Maths last year and my marks from AS-level, I effectively need to get CCE from the exams this year in Economics, History and Further Maths respectively to meet the conditions of the offer.
huh, i thought you just said your offer was AAA including the maths you already have and that it would be harsh to give an offer of AAAB.:confused: sorry if im not understanding properly but do i have to get AAB on top of my A in maths that i already have, so at the end of this year i have?AAAB:confused:
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
huh, i thought you just said your offer was AAA including the maths you already have and that it would be harsh to give an offer of AAAB.:confused: sorry if im not understanding properly but do i have to get AAB on top of my A in maths that i already have, so at the end of this year i have?AAAB:confused:
Yes, it would be harsh to give an offer of AAAB - I'm pretty sure your offer is AAB only. Just to clarify things, my offer is AAAE, which is the normal conditional offer for Economics applicants who are offering Further Maths.
abcdefg1990
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, it would be harsh to give an offer of AAAB - I'm pretty sure your offer is AAB only. Just to clarify things, my offer is AAAE, which is the normal conditional offer for Economics applicants who are offering Further Maths.
ohhh ok, sorry im a little slow today :p: but it won't be hard to get an E. is LSE your first choice?
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ohhh ok, sorry im a little slow today :p: but it won't be hard to get an E. is LSE your first choice?
It could well be. But I'm going to wait until Cambridge get back to me. If I am lucky enough to get an offer from Cambridge, then I would have some serious deliberating to do.
tribalium
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
awwww i am reli jealous as u guys having an offer at this early stage
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tribalium)
awwww i am reli jealous as u guys having an offer at this early stage
Don't worry, yours will come very soon, I am sure. I'm guessing that the next round of offers will be on Friday 12th.
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry, yours will come very soon, I am sure. I'm guessing that the next round of offers will be on Friday 12th.
I will have that guess too if I missed tmr's rejections:p:
as wt I have said before(which seems no one saw it)
will tmr's rejection be for early + later applicants?
if so my chance of being rejected would reduce...since many of the early applicants have received some kind of decisions
Shanny123456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just wondering, if you don't receive a further email from LSE (after the acknowledgment), then do you assume that they'll give you their decision before the 15th?
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Shanny123456)
Just wondering, if you don't receive a further email from LSE (after the acknowledgment), then do you assume that they'll give you their decision before the 15th?
Common sense and basic logic says, it's more likely this will be the case, although they could, in theory do it after seeing as they haven't told you exactly when to expect the decision, whereas people with these e-mails know they won't get one until after Jan 15th.
thewrong_girl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has anyone received an offer for philosophy and politics?
Mike_P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thewrong_girl)
Has anyone received an offer for philosophy and politics?
One person from here has gotten one that I know of, looking at the first page of this thread.
Littles
Report 10 years ago
Hey everyone, good luck for all your UCAS apps!
I'd just like to know how do people guage when offers/rejections will be sent?
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El Mariachi)
Common sense and basic logic says, it's more likely this will be the case, although they could, in theory do it after seeing as they haven't told you exactly when to expect the decision, whereas people with these e-mails know they won't get one until after Jan 15th.
and tmr might well be the day of rejection for those who applied before OCT 15th and received no decisions until now
Economist1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Littles)
Hey everyone, good luck for all your UCAS apps!
I'd just like to know how do people guage when offers/rejections will be sent?
Looking at threads from previous years.
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you guys think that if we applied before Oxbridge deadline if we are not rejected tomorrow chances are we will be accepted next Friday? Should we get a decision before Christmas as a lot of people are saying?
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by illy123)
Do you guys think that if we applied before Oxbridge deadline if we are not rejected tomorrow chances are we will be accepted next Friday? Should we get a decision before Christmas as a lot of people are saying?
that's wt I am aiming at...
no news tmr...hope for the next week
illy123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tribalium)
that's wt I am aiming at...
no news tmr...hope for the next week
Good luck
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London School of Economics and Political Science
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%