Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

For god sake please don't let Birmingham in a trophy

ReputationRep:
    Arsene To Pip Tottenham After Tense Negotiations

Seeing as there hasn't been a report in any of the more reliable sources, I wouldn't get too excited. It does seem that Zagreb seem intent on talking up the above players and selling them to the highest bidder, so if there really is interest from the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City, I doubt it will be us.

ReputationRep:
      Arsenal vs Birmingham.

That final will be fun, red cards and injuries

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Colonel.)
      Arsenal vs Birmingham.

That final will be fun, red cards and injuries
      Netherlands vs Spain part 2 .

ReputationRep:
      Hopefully, Lee Bowyer gets sent off after kicking himself in the face.

ReputationRep:
      Arseblog on Alex McLeish:

'...a man who looks like some kind of bellowing ginger testicle...'

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Boreham Wood, managed by former Arsenal star Ian Allinson, praised after show of sportsmanship

Heartening to see that in professional sport.

ReputationRep:
        Arshavin alarmed by poor form

Misfiring Arsenal star Andrey Arshavin admits he does not know how to recapture his best form.

The Russia international has failed to hit the heights this term and has not been a regular in Arsene Wenger's starting XI in recent weeks.

Arshavin has also come under fire from some Arsenal fans for his below-par performances and he concedes his confidence has been hit by his dip in form.

He is quoted as saying in The Sun: "Now when I get the ball, I begin to think, 'Should I try and trick an opponent? Or if I do, will I lose the ball? And what if I make a pass? Won't they think that I am trying to get rid of the ball?'

"I am afraid of taking the initiative. When such thoughts appear, your final decision, as a rule, turns out to be wrong. And you waste a lot of opportunities.

"That was happening to me in recent matches."

The 29-year-old admits he has no problem in being dropped from the side and has vowed to work hard in training to find his form again.

"I do not have enough acceleration. From the very start of this season I felt I'm fast enough only in separate episodes," added Arshavin.

"The reason? I don't know. Maybe I'm just getting old.

"Naturally, I'd like to be on the pitch in every game - but currently the boys who play in my position, Samir Nasri and Theo Walcott, look very good. They're really in good shape and that's why they're playing.

"To get back my place in the starting XI, I need to regain my best form. All I can do is work in training. There are no other recipes for building up your form."
        I bet you wished there were though, eh, you fat ****.

Spoiler:
        Show

Stay away!

ReputationRep:
        Almunia back in the squad for the FA Cup game on Sunday.

I knew things were going a bit too smoothly...

ReputationRep:
        I'm guessing that's only because Fabianski's injured, though.

ReputationRep:
        Seems like literally everyone is fit except Fabianski and Vermaelen... but some obviously only just back so may not be as fresh - ie. Diaby, Squillaci and Rosicky. With two games in 3 days, we may need almost 2 seperate teams, and for the first time I really think we could pitch two completely different starting 11s and still get two wins. Everton is gonna be the harder nut to crack imo, so I think we should save the slightly better 11 for them.

Szczesny

Eboue-----Djourou-----Squillaci-----Gibbs

Song

Diaby------Wilshere

Walcott------Chamakh------Nasri

Szczesny

Sagna-----Djourou-----Koscielny-----Clichy

Song

Fabregas------Rosicky

Bendtner------Van Persie------Arshavin

If necessary, Walcott and Nasri can come on for Bendtner and Arshavin, as they were rested for the entire match against Ipswich, so should still be reasonably fresh, especially if we can get a good early lead at Huddersfield and get them off after 65 mins or so.

Rest either Djourou or Koscielny, whichever needs it more, but we definitely need one of them to play both of these matches, as Song will be required for both as well, and dropping him back into defense just adds another dilemma in midfield. As Djourou seems to have had more luck with Squillaci thus far, I'm gonna go with him.

Apparently Rosicky was quite ill, but am hoping he'll manage to get back for Tuesday. Of the two games, I would much prefer having Fabregas in there against Everton, which means we'll need a bit of creativity against Huddersfield, so Jack and Nasri are a must. As Rosicky generally seems to play better when Fabregas is alongside him, I'd say give Jack the responsibility for Huddersfield alongside Diaby, and hopefully get the best out of a Fab/Rosicky pairing on Tuesday.

While these would be my picks, it's inevitable that Wenger will slot Denilson in there somewhere. Probably in place of Rosicky or Diaby.

ReputationRep:
        Admittedly the story is from Goal.com, but it looks to have been from the press conference today:

Wenger confirms Szczesny is number one

ReputationRep:
        The story is also on arsenal.com

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...arsenal-s-no-1

ReputationRep:
        Vela joins WBA on loan till May.

ReputationRep:
        Was literally just about to link that.

Good move for him, being in a relegation battle should toughen him up a bit but playing for WBA he can still exploit his attacking ability moreso than for West Ham, say. :yy:

Definitely needs games.

ReputationRep:
        He might come to understand that he doesn't have to chip the keeper every single time he has a shot.
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        If only we could afford Torres...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by alex_hk90)
        If only we could afford Torres...
        The funny thing is, we don't actually need such a forward player to win the league, perhaps the champions league we would definitely be better off having a villa or torres up there, no question about that. That would have solved our striking options out for seasons to come but we don't actually need torres to win the league, just better defensive play/ball retention and some consistency. I don't think Arsenal have ever had any problem bagging goals away, it's just that the ball goes in the other end too.

ReputationRep:

lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.