Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys I use so many exclamation marks, I'm actually so sorry I just like them okay? I'm going to start to use full stops more often, my essays are starting to look like they have been written by someone under the influence of something!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    My accent's pretty messed up.
    I'm a bit embarrassed but here's mine:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1SuHJzpnRi9
    Haha oh wow that made me giggle!
    Nice accent you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma.b)
    My accent?

soundcloud: -emma.b
    https://soundcloud.com/emma-b-10

embarrassing I know, but I wanted to prove that I don't sound like Gerard Butler! Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's amazing! Can I employ you to replace all the computerized voice systems in the world?

(Original post by Aurorae)
    The art of...finding information is not one many will understand but to its few practitioners, it is an endeavour to be pursued with utmost enthusiasm. :pierre:

I've always wondered how fun it would be to hire two Private Investigators to follow each other.
    Indeed, and that was very eloquently written.

I would absolutely love that! If I were a PI, I'd have to research all my clients before actually doing the work.

(Original post by EduWiz)
    Ohh thank you
    You're welcome!

For anyone who is interested, here's my accent, it sounds awful on a recording thing, it's awful quality, and I didn't know what to say, but it's here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s04VNaHyDNQq

ReputationRep:
    You guys post so much :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    x
    Not gonna lie, you sound like an adult ._.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing! Can I employ you to replace all the computerized voice systems in the world?

I would absolutely love that! If I were a PI, I'd have to research all my clients before actually doing the work.

You're welcome!

For anyone who is interested, here's my accent, it sounds awful on a recording thing, it's awful quality, and I didn't know what to say, but it's here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s04VNaHyDNQq
    No ones interested:rolleyes: im only joking you sound like an adult

ReputationRep:
    Guys I use so many exclamation marks, I'm actually so sorry I just like them okay? I'm going to start to use full stops more often, my essays are starting to look like they have been written by someone under the influence of something!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't notice! :mmm: But whenever I write something on here, I'm always convinced it looks really weird, so if anything looks really odd, please tell me!

(Original post by Bude8)
    My accent's pretty messed up.
    I'm a bit embarrassed but here's mine:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1SuHJzpnRi9
    You scared me! I opened it on a new tab, and forgot, just continuing to read the next post, and then just heard that​!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Haha that's a really good point, most people where I live speak extremely fast though. I am just a little more relaxed haha..
    And I just do, I have a country twang to my voice!
    Better to be slower and more composed than sounding like you're in a hurry like I do.

I kinda sound like your stereotypical "Tea and Crumpets please sir" Englishman because I was born in Kent. I would've thought you'd lose the posh accent quickly but I still have it. :eek: :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    You scared me! I opened it on a new tab, and forgot, just continuing to read the next post, and then just heard that​!
    If you think my accent is horrible then just say :emo:

ReputationRep:

You're welcome!

I didn't know what to say either don't worry! Nice accent! You do sound older, especially compared to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    You guys post so much :eek:
    Coming from you... Someone has a higher post per day count that you! By about fifty posts!

(Original post by Bude8)
    Not gonna lie, you sound like an adult ._.
    Is that good or bad? I sound horrible, and recording things don't help whatsoever, I wish I had a cool accent.

No ones interested:rolleyes:
    That would be a blessing, I had to post it but no one listen, DON'T LISTEN! Now you're going to listen aren't you.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't notice! :mmm: But whenever I write something on here, I'm always convinced it looks really weird, so if anything looks really odd, please tell me!

Same here, I think I write like I'm on speed or something, but it's cause I'm happy! My writing is over dramatised by these darn exclamation marks....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Better to be slower and more composed than sounding like you're in a hurry like I do.

I kinda sound like your stereotypical "Tea and Crumpets please sir" Englishman because I was born in Kent. I would've thought you'd lose the posh accent quickly but I still have it. :eek: :facepalm:
    Oh wow yeah I know what you are talking about, I do like that accent though! It sounds nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know what to say either don't worry! Nice accent! You do sound older, especially compared to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's awkward because I'm younger than you all, some by almost two years! Do I sound posh though, in real life, I definitely do!

(Original post by Bude8)
    If you think my accent is horrible then just say :emo:
    It's just...well...slightly...unusual ...

ReputationRep:
    Coming from you... Someone has a higher post per day count that you! By about fifty posts!

Is that good or bad? I sound horrible, and recording things don't help whatsoever, I wish I had a cool accent.

That would be a blessing, I had to post it but no one listen, DON'T LISTEN! Now you're going to listen aren't you.
    I changed my post again

ReputationRep:
    It's awkward because I'm younger than you all, some by almost two years! Do I sound posh though, in real life, I definitely do!

It's just...well...slightly...unusual ...
    Oh wow! Well I'm one of the youngest in my year so we are in the same boat buddy! You do sound posh!
    Whereas I sound like I was raised in a field...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here's another clip of my voice, just reciting a line of translated Latin that I have to know.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aOBTMXteo1

ReputationRep:

same, the amount of people who ask me if i go to a private school and who tell me i sound posh is ridiculous ... i dont even sound that posh

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I think I write like I'm on speed or something, but it's cause I'm happy! My writing is over dramatised by these darn exclamation marks....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't be surprised if people at school were... Happiness is overrated :emo: Everything looks much vetter with an exclamation mark! It's like: you have no friends! You failed all your exams! They make everything nicer!

I changed my post again
    Oh this is getting out of hand! Which page is it on, I can't remember!?

ReputationRep:
    My accent?

soundcloud: -emma.b
    https://soundcloud.com/emma-b-10

embarrassing I know, but I wanted to prove that I don't sound like Gerard Butler! Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha you don't sound like Gérard Butler(his Scottish btw) I like your accent pure irish 100%:p:D

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.