Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arabian_doc)
    Had my interview on Monday and couldn't agree more with what you've said. Can people who have already had their interviews please not give any hints away because your not only reducing your own chances of getting an offer but other people's too and that's not fair! I'm sure barts wouldn't be very happy if they knew who you were too tbh!!! People asking questions, can you please just read the email? That's what most of us went by so it should be enough for you too...
    So true! I've had two people PM me asking for help/advice. Bart's tell us enough...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When do we find out about offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctoreleanor)
    When do we find out about offers?
    They said mid march

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I say TSR should halt this thread until all interviews are done..That is what they do with exams??

ReputationRep:
    Jeeeeeeeez didn't realise my comment would spark such an uproar! Sorry, it wasn't meant to be an intrusive request asking people about the interview, it was just meant to be asking for advice OUTSIDE the interview of how to structure such an answer with timings. Apologies for any misunderstanding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dandaman9999)
    Jeeeeeeeez didn't realise my comment would spark such an uproar! Sorry, it wasn't meant to be an intrusive request asking people about the interview, it was just meant to be asking for advice OUTSIDE the interview of how to structure such an answer with timings. Apologies for any misunderstanding!
    I feel the same as you for answering your question I hope I didn't give too much away! It was just general advice I don't think it'll give you an advantage over anyone else.. Sorry if I've offended anyone though! Believe me I'm not trying to reduce anyones chance of getting an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    I feel the same as you for answering your question I hope I didn't give too much away! It was just general advice I don't think it'll give you an advantage over anyone else.. Sorry if I've offended anyone though! Believe me I'm not trying to reduce anyones chance of getting an offer!!
    You are reducing your own chances never mind anyone else's! If people want advice re how to structure their answers there are plenty of other non-Barts related interview prep threads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    You are reducing your own chances never mind anyone else's! If people want advice re how to structure their answers there are plenty of other non-Barts related interview prep threads!
    I'm really sorry if I have! I genuinely didn't think saying what I said would count as giving away info about the interview! It seems fairly obvious to me! I am so sorry to anyone who feels I've reduced their chances though

EDIT: I've deleted my earlier post for anyone who feels it gave away too much info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    I'm really sorry if I have! I genuinely didn't think saying what I said would count as giving away info about the interview! It seems fairly obvious to me! I am so sorry to anyone who feels I've reduced their chances though

EDIT: I've deleted my earlier post for anyone who feels it gave away too much info
    awwwwwww

ReputationRep:
    I also think post-interview applicants should stop giving out interview advice. It is seriously reducing our chances. So please could people refrain from asking questions re anything related to interviews.

ReputationRep:
    If people are this competitive on TSR that they don't want to help others with some general advice, God knows how bad they will be in a medical school setting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webmasterx12)
    If people are this competitive on TSR that they don't want to help others with some general advice, God knows how bad they will be in a medical school setting!
    Not as bad as this! You are sorted once you are in medical school. Medicine is ridiculously competitive I just want everyone to be on a level playing field. Because even the slightest advantage could distinguish between an offer or rejection!

Get where I am coming from, bro?

ReputationRep:
    You guys need to relax, believe in yourself

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want to do a mock interview over skype?

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say as a Barts student that one of the nicest things about this medical school is that it's typically not as cut-throat competitive as some other ones. People will often help each other out in the run-up to exams or share useful resources, often to the whole year and not just to their friends either. People do it knowing that it will in all likelihood affect their ranking which will ultimately impact on their future. To do otherwise would probably make for a miserable 5/6 year experience and take away some of the camaraderie.

Some of the questions posted here are really just about interview technique or something similarly general and here I'm only talking about such questions. These are questions that the first batch of interviewees (or anyone) could have conceivably asked and received an answer from current students. Thus all previous interviewees have had the opportunity to gain some extra insight on this particular matter. Of course, nobody who has had an interview already is duty-bound to answer future interviewees' questions, it would be out of your own sense of charity. But to call for everyone to refuse helping future interviewees on such general questions would be to pull away a ladder you yourself had the opportunity to climb. It means that it's the early interviewees who gain the advantage over the later ones. The opportunity to ask these questions has so far been equally given to everyone.

Yes, questions about the article itself shouldn't be answered because at no time should anyone have discussed it on this forum. Discussing it now would provide some with an unfair advantage. But the opportunity to ask questions about general things like interview technique, which as somebody else has already said can be reasonably asked on another forum (but if you can ask it there why not just ask it here?), confers no additional advantage to anyone in itself.

Those who are pestering others for specifics on the interview are not making any friends here and be aware that admissions tutors have been known to haunt these forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah_blah2345)
    Not as bad as this! You are sorted once you are in medical school. Medicine is ridiculously competitive I just want everyone to be on a level playing field. Because even the slightest advantage could distinguish between an offer or rejection!

Get where I am coming from, bro?
    Aah i see, I guess so!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I was happy to give advice post-interview to all the people who asked me about it.
    I'm NOT limiting my chances, I believe my scores are good enough to get me in.
    I'm helping others because that's really what medicine is all about. I'm wondering how on earth did all of you, who are hoping that others will break their legs on their interviews, end up choosing medschool?
    If its for the salary and prestige go for law, so that you could convict people instead of helping them.
    Seriously, those posts just make me really sad. I'm starting to doubt the nobility of the MD profession.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucey)
    Exactly. I was happy to give advice post-interview to all the people who asked me about it.
    I'm NOT limiting my chances, I believe my scores are good enough to get me in.
    I'm helping others because that's really what medicine is all about. I'm wondering how on earth did all of you, who are hoping that others will break their legs on their interviews, end up choosing medschool?
    If its for the salary and prestige go for law, so that you could convict people instead of helping them.
    Seriously, those posts just make me really sad. I'm starting to doubt the nobility of the MD profession.
    that is so unfair on those who have already done their interviews..
    Would be funny if you do not get an offer coz you were one point off

ReputationRep:
    Like a current medical student has already said (barts do look a this thread) .. justice!

ReputationRep:
    Ok guys changing the topic a lil bit , do Bart's make a decision there and give offers at the end of the cycle ( I presume they score candidates there and then on a set criteria and once they have interviewed all, do they decide what scores to give an offer post interviewing ? ) which is pretty reasonable or do they decide on the spot kind of a thing if they are going to give an offer or not and then just let us know later ...
    It would be great to have this mystery resolved ....... Lolz

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.