Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Interesting Facts heading into this GW

- Welbeck has scored three goals in his last two Premier League starts against Villa.
    - Villa have only had 6 shots on target all season, a league low.
    - Eriksen scored in both EPL games against West Brom last season
    - Wayne Rooney has scored in all (2) of his EPL league appearances against Leicester
    - Leicester have just netted one goal in their last eight EPL matches against Manchester United
    - Baines has assisted two goals this season; he only assisted four in the whole 2013/14 season
    - Everton have won their last four EPL games on a Sunday, keeping a clean sheet in the last three
    - Mario Balotelli has only scored just one goal in his last 18 premier league appearances.
    - Since the start of last season, the only English player to create more goalscoring chances in the EPL then Stewert Downing (75) is Steven Gerrard (78)

ReputationRep:
    Who would you prefer to have this weekend, Aguero + Sterling or Balotelli + Silva?

I reckon Balotelli will do well today. But Aguero's Aguero so even though he doesn;t get 90 chances are he'll still do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Who would you prefer to have this weekend, Aguero + Sterling or Balotelli + Silva?

I reckon Balotelli will do well today. But Aguero's Aguero so even though he doesn;t get 90 chances are he'll still do well.
    Aguero and sterling for sure.

Aguero always seems to score and sterling always seems to do something major in a match.

In a single game week, Balotelli and silva could kill it; both capable of getting multiple assists and goals in a match
    But I think the former option is a safer bet to be honest since they're more consistent performers.

ReputationRep:
    How do you solve a problem like

Di Maria, Sterling, Fab, Sig, Ramsey
    Welbeck, Costa, Naismith?

Have to drop one and would normally be one of Welbeck and Naismith but I reckon both will do well this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    How do you solve a problem like

Di Maria, Sterling, Fab, Sig, Ramsey
    Welbeck, Costa, Naismith?

Have to drop one and would normally be one of Welbeck and Naismith but I reckon both will do well this weekend.
    That was my EXACT problem last weekend, no joke.
    I put Naismith on the bench in the end which turned out well.

I don't think you can afford I bench anybody besides Naismith or welbeck to be honest.
    And I think between the two, welbeck is more likely to get better points imo.
    It's up to you really; I traded for Ulloa to avoid another situation like this, I can keep him on the bench and he's a solid sub

Although when Sturridge returns I may have a bigger problem; might have to get rid of Ramsey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    In fairness if Villa are gonna win it's gonna be by shutting out the opposition. How many goals have they conceded this season? Like 1 maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah but have they played welbeck yet this season...

+ the story goes:

Get home from work last afternoon, head out to celebrate with wife for finishing her masters, get a little drunk, captain welbeck... wake up at 11.45... panic.

Admitadly I did want to do it before drinking.. but did at that point I did not have the balls to make such a stupid choice..

For now though: Captain welbeck will lead my team forward!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    Interesting Facts heading into this GW

- Welbeck has scored three goals in his last two Premier League starts against Villa.
    Love it...

ReputationRep:
    Dropped Welbeck for Naismith. Palace have conceded an average of 2.2 goals a game so far. Villa have conceded 3 all season. Besides, I also have Ramsey so hopefully he'll be involved in any Arsenal goals.

ReputationRep:
    Caulker

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In a game where I have 1 defender from each side, it is 1-1. Of course it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex Doran)
    In a game where I have 1 defender from each side, it is 1-1. Of course it is.
    Why oh why would you have a QPR defender?!?

ReputationRep:
    **** sake how on earth did qpr score. Not sure if having bego was a good decision. Nothing that I'll be able to do though.

have stoke kept a clean sheet yet?

edit - oh yeah nvm against man city

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Why oh why would you have a QPR defender?!?
    I picked Ferdinand from the start because in pre season I heard it would have been 5 at the back and I thought they would be good defensively and it was only in a home/away rotation. I think when I have a spare free transfer I will get rid of him but for now I could just bench him.
    Originally I planned to have a defense of Debuchy - Azpi - Collins - Ward - Wilson but then Pulis left and West Ham started trying to attack so I have to swap out Collins and Ward. I also went for Davies and Felipe Luis in place of the first 2 (inspired choices, I know.) I needed some cheap rotation options and it left me with Ferdinand and Clyne. I made some really poor choices defensively but I have made so many transfers that I can't waste points on swapping out cheap players.

ReputationRep:
    1pt from 1 player.. in that game,

Thought stoke would hold up slightly better, but ah well.

Bring on captain welbeck next

ReputationRep:
    sanchez not starting could be the signal of a very bad week..

ReputationRep:
    35 minutes played..

Welbeck with a goal and an assist..

:cool:
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    brilliant, getting some good points from Welbeck :cool:

ReputationRep:
    cmon welbeck, need you to get another goal or assist to beat ozil to 3 bps..

ReputationRep:
    dont really care about the rest of the weekend now.. as long as welbeck out scores costa on points.. will consider it a win.

(a solid 2 for fabregas as well would be sweet..)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.