Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morale_boost)
    Maaaate are you serious! As if we've almost done identical A-Levels too haha,

Literally I didn't want to mention how much the nightlife excited me in case I came across as 'superficial' or 'not committed enough to the course' as some people would say, but oh man the London nightlife would literally be incredible. Brb all the best bars, clubs, hangout spots and attractions in the country, all available via tube/cycle/taxi etc. and then the nightlife in the US year abroad would even top that, their house/frat parties look crazy.

The multi cultural aspect of UCL/London in general is also cool, like it's so easy to network and meet potential employers whilst at Uni which is ideal for us Economists. Career wise kind of typical but I'm thinking finance/IB/hedge fund (Columbia uni is ideal for hedge fund) to make money, pay off debts, live the life etc. then maybe start my own business after that? Not entirely made up my mind yet but the money is attractive to say the least haha. You?
    Hahahaha, i hate those idiots on here who have a heart attack whenever anybody mentions nightlife!!!! I am tooooooo hyped for going out in London, it will be crazy! Can you imagine the parties in US aswell?! Im getting too excited hahaha!
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! I am literally thinking the same thing after uni! Definitely want to spend my twenties, maybe early thirties in finance/IB/hedge fund. I don't understand why people find it such a problem that we want to do a job that pays well? Didn't know it was such a crime to work hard in order to live comfortably and be able to provide for your family! I think after I want to either work my way up as a director or something for a company or start my own business! I'm so confused as to whether I want to live in London or the US though! I think I want to spend my twentiesish in London and then move to America and settle down there? So undecided because I know I will love them both!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomixox)
    Hahahaha, i hate those idiots on here who have a heart attack whenever anybody mentions nightlife!!!! I am tooooooo hyped for going out in London, it will be crazy! Can you imagine the parties in US aswell?! Im getting too excited hahaha!
    Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes! I am literally thinking the same thing after uni! Definitely want to spend my twenties, maybe early thirties in finance/IB/hedge fund. I don't understand why people find it such a problem that we want to do a job that pays well? Didn't know it was such a crime to work hard in order to live comfortably and be able to provide for your family! I think after I want to either work my way up as a director or something for a company or start my own business! I'm so confused as to whether I want to live in London or the US though! I think I want to spend my twentiesish in London and then move to America and settle down there? So undecided because I know I will love them both!!!
    They're the worst kind of people for sure hahaha, and me too oh my days London nightlife is the one. US University nightlife with the frat parties etc. has to be the most exciting thing ever, plus the people over there will be fascinated by our British accents which is always a bonus

I know exactly what you mean, I hate seeing the people moaning about 'why does everyone wanna do IB' 'everyone who wants to go into finance is money hungry/will have no life'
    So sorry that I want to do a respected, well paid, exciting and constantly changing job! I think I definitely want to experience both, ideally I'd want to live in NY/California if I'm in the US and obviously there's nowhere but London in the UK for me really. London will be amazing man we've gotta get them places!!

ReputationRep:
    They're the worst kind of people for sure hahaha, and me too oh my days London nightlife is the one. US University nightlife with the frat parties etc. has to be the most exciting thing ever, plus the people over there will be fascinated by our British accents which is always a bonus

I know exactly what you mean, I hate seeing the people moaning about 'why does everyone wanna do IB' 'everyone who wants to go into finance is money hungry/will have no life'
    So sorry that I want to do a respected, well paid, exciting and constantly changing job! I think I definitely want to experience both, ideally I'd want to live in NY/California if I'm in the US and obviously there's nowhere but London in the UK for me really. London will be amazing man we've gotta get them places!!
    Finally some people who appreciate the London hype!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    what's not to love! where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    what's not to love! where have you applied?
    Lse, ucl, cambridge, Warwick and Exeter but I think even if I did get lucky enough to get cambridge, the whole London experience might be enough to make me turn them down, idk

ReputationRep:
    You guys are my kind of people!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Lse, ucl, cambridge, Warwick and Exeter but I think even if I did get lucky enough to get cambridge, the whole London experience might be enough to make me turn them down, idk
    Good Luck with Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck with Cambridge
    Cheers G, good luck with UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahtetteh)
    Right okay. I've been pooled to Girton. I have two interviews and a test
    How did you find out you'd been pooled?

ReputationRep:
    I applied in October and got the offer in December
    Aw what your predictions are the same as mine! But I took psychology so the psychology probably doesn't sound too good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mwatters)
    How did you find out you'd been pooled?
    Email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Selwyn Mine is on Monday, don't know times yet. How are you preparing? Atleast we have another shot at it
    Learning the whole of AS and A2 in about 5 seconds. You?

ReputationRep:
    Learning the whole of AS and A2 in about 5 seconds. You?
    Haha great plan Just going over Econ4. Do you have a maths test?

ReputationRep:
    A friend is asking me What would everyone say is the slightly easier unis to get an offer from for Econ or Econ related course like econometrics with economics and statistics with finance. Given that gcse's aren't good 0 A*s but decent A lev predicts A*AAC
    Unis in the top 25 if possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    A friend is asking me What would everyone say is the slightly easier unis to get an offer from for Econ or Econ related course like econometrics with economics and statistics with finance. Given that gcse's aren't good 0 A*s but decent A lev predicts A*AAC
    Unis in the top 25 if possible
    Exeter, leeds, Nottingham worth giving ucl and Warwick a shot (but they're more unpredictable)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFR)
    That Exeter requirement is ridiculous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know! I think it's a hint that if I don't get those grades, I'm not welcome there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Received my first offer today, unconditional from Bristol for straight econ

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Haha great plan Just going over Econ4. Do you have a maths test?
    I do have a test but it's not maths, I think it's comprehension.
    I've just been reading over my personal statement and resisting the urge to projectile vomit on my laptop. It's actually the worse piece of writing I've ever produced! I really hope they don't ask me about it

ReputationRep:
    I do have a test but it's not maths, I think it's comprehension.
    I've just been reading over my personal statement and resisting the urge to projectile vomit on my laptop. It's actually the worse piece of writing I've ever produced! I really hope they don't ask me about it
    Oh ok
    Haha tell me about it I will definitely be asked about my personal statement as I have 1 general interview.

ReputationRep:
    Exeter, leeds, Nottingham worth giving ucl and Warwick a shot (but they're more unpredictable)
    I saw on another forum that Nottingham generally are 6A*s+ though?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.