Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is anyone going to the freshers icebreaker? I got advised to get the students union wristband instead as that is the only ticket for official events? and the first official event is on same night as tiger tiger ice breaker.....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davidus)
    is anyone going to the freshers icebreaker? I got advised to get the students union wristband instead as that is the only ticket for official events? and the first official event is on same night as tiger tiger ice breaker.....?
    Is there any reason to choose the unofficial one over the official one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaMacklin)
    You're two floors above me I believe
    Cool, I guess I may see you around

ReputationRep:
    You're the floor above me honey! Xx
    Sweet, see you there! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Is there any reason to choose the unofficial one over the official one?
    Well friend of mine who was fresher last year told me to definitely not get the non-official ones. Don't know why that is but I'd probably go with that

ReputationRep:
    Well friend of mine who was fresher last year told me to definitely not get the non-official ones. Don't know why that is but I'd probably go with that
    I've seen people talking about the unofficial ones more so I wondered if there was something I was missing. It seems like a pretty easy choice to me when you're talking about something that's run by the Students' Union versus something that's run by a national corporation purely for profit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to find people in oak house! Message me your flat numbers whoever is in oak
    I am in maple court, flat 3!!! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elbob08)
    For those of you with accommodation offers, please could you tell me when you applied for accommodation?
    I applied in December and got my first choice :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elbob08)
    Who's still waiting for an offer of accommodation then?? I AM! Anyone else??
    I am! Where do you want?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to do physics, are there any books we shouls read before we start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnh545)
    Anyone going to do physics, are there any books we shouls read before we start?
    I think we'll get a reading list at the start of September but I don't think there's anything specific like with English that we would have had to have read, but I'm really not sure???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietRead)
    I think we'll get a reading list at the start of September but I don't think there's anything specific like with English that we would have had to have read, but I'm really not sure???
    Does anyone know if we should buy the English texts and read them before uni? I thought everyone said to wait and buy them up there? Or is that wrong...? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we should buy the English texts and read them before uni? I thought everyone said to wait and buy them up there? Or is that wrong...? Thanks!
    I'm a physics student so I'm not sure about English, but I presume that you should wait to get an email from the Uni for them to say, sorry!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarrietRead)
    I'm a physics student so I'm not sure about English, but I presume that you should wait to get an email from the Uni for them to say, sorry!!!!
    No worries, yeah they sent a letter with my texts saying make a start over summer (less than a month haha) so I think I may just buy them off Internet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still homeless like me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, feeling like a complete noob here.

But what's the official Fresher week include-
    Do I need to get a ticket somewhere online?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone looking for a room swap? I have a room with an ensuite in victoria halls on victoria park campus (self catered), Im looking to swap to fallowfield oak house if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Ngl I'll probably be going to the tiger tiger one. Tiger tiger is more my type of club

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrycabbage)
    Ugh, feeling like a complete noob here.

But what's the official Fresher week include-
    Do I need to get a ticket somewhere online?
    The Students' Union website has lots of information on what's going on during Welcome Week.

You can buy wristbands online for the Welcome Week Parties and Pangaea but I've heard people recommend waiting until you arrive so you can see what your flatmates are doing. I don't think there's any danger of them selling out beforehand, though I might be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    The Students' Union website has lots of information on what's going on during Welcome Week.

You can buy wristbands online for the Welcome Week Parties and Pangaea but I've heard people recommend waiting until you arrive so you can see what your flatmates are doing. I don't think there's any danger of them selling out beforehand, though I might be wrong.
    Many thanks. I guess I will be patient and stick around my flatmates first before deciding on going any of those parties.

They look tempting though-

But I bet no one would want to go alone

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.