Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long Essex usually take to reply after an interview? I originally applied for English Language but the course was suspended so I had to have a course ammendment to English Language and Linguistics, which has obviously made my application process slightly longer. I had an interview a week ago and while I have had an acknowledgment that I attended the interview, I haven't heard anything else. I just wondered if this is normal for Essex? Their process does seem to be longer than other universities as I have 4 offers from other universities already, but I'm getting anxious that I might get rejected!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Law with Criminal Justice from Brunel today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mBrown)
    so many people doing computer science haha, any chemical engineers? looking to transfer to newcastle, edinburgh, heriot watt, strathclyde or leeds
    5 offers and 5 applicant days attended for chemical enginnering, I need to make my choice between:
    Birmingham - A*AA Very highly rated, research intensive, nice campus, expensive place to live, ideal course with clear abroad study as well as industry option
    Leeds- A*AA Highly rated, great research, are lowering student numbers to improve quality, refurbishing labs, low student to staff ratio, smart city, right in the centre
    Loughborough - AAB - Great industrial links, good department, massive campus, town too small and uni is far out
    Newcastle - AAB Good department, russell group with lower offer, great student life, best city, near coast and great country, very central
    Nottingham - AAA seem totally disorganised, didn't even give a tour of facilities or campus, too focused on environmental engineering, large campus, too far out of town, town seems pretty run down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinderella.09)
    Sent off my application mid Dec and still waiting on Sussex, Southampton, Nottingham and Oxford Brookes universitys for Zoology/Animal Biology courses. Anyone else still waiting for these unis?
    I sent mine mid october and Nottingham took just over two months to give me an offer wouldnt worry about it their being very slow this year 😴

ReputationRep:
    I got unconditionals fr Aberdeen and Dundee!!! 😁😁😁 just waiting for Glasgow, Edinburgh and St Andrews to get back to me now 😊

ReputationRep:
    I've had offers from Durham, Newcastle, Sheffield and Aberdeen for English literature but I'm still waiting for Edinburgh. A lot of my friends who are taking science based subjects have already received an offer from Edinburgh whilst the arts/humanities ones are still waiting. Anyone else finding this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrob97)
    I've had offers from Durham, Newcastle, Sheffield and Aberdeen for English literature but I'm still waiting for Edinburgh. A lot of my friends who are taking science based subjects have already received an offer from Edinburgh whilst the arts/humanities ones are still waiting. Anyone else finding this?
    Me too, I've applied to Edinburgh for Law and I still haven't heard anything back. But it's quite normal with Edinburgh, since they have so many applicants. Are you planning on firming them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EleonoraDi)
    Me too, I've applied to Edinburgh for Law and I still haven't heard anything back. But it's quite normal with Edinburgh, since they have so many applicants. Are you planning on firming them?
    Probably not as I think Durham will be my first choice, although it might be insurance depending on the offer. What about you??

ReputationRep:
    Probably not as I think Durham will be my first choice, although it might be insurance depending on the offer. What about you??
    I applied to Edinburgh, Sussex, Kent, York and Queen Mary.
    QMUL and Sussex both gave me conditional offers, Queen Mary with 95/100 and Sussex with 85/100 (I'm a EU applicant, so I don't have grades in letters).
    I have an interview with York next Wednesday, and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh and Kent.
    I'm waiting to see if they offer me a place before thinking about which one to firm.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It does seem that so many people have been waiting on Edinburgh.

I was too until just last week so I can sympathise. I applied to a course in the College of Humanities & Social Science so they have started although I do think the Science courses had been giving out offers earlier as I had heard of only a small number of people with offers.

Hopefully everyone will start hearing back from Edinburgh and from anywhere else soon if you haven't already!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from St Andrews, Edinburgh, Stirling or Heriot Watt?
    Have only heard back from Glasgow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by njmartin1)
    Oh cool well done. I've applied for management, leadership and leisure as I've just been writing this I've had my first offer! Plymouth
    Hey! I've firmed management, leadership and leisure as my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily560)
    Anybody heard from St Andrews, Edinburgh, Stirling or Heriot Watt?
    Have only heard back from Glasgow!
    St Andrews gave me a conditional! Im waiting for Glasgow and Edinburgh. What did Glasgow say? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Stirling or UWS for mental health nursing? Almost been 6 months now. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Edinburgh for an MA in Psychology and haven't heard back yet! One of my friends has also applied for English lit at Edinburgh and he hasn't heard back either

ReputationRep:
    Hello,I applied for Sociology and Psychology (combined honours) on the 2nd January and received offers as follows;
    *7th Jan- York University
    *12th Jan- Royal Holloway University
    *7th Feb- Newcastle University
    *19th Feb-Edinburgh University
    *Still waiting for a response from Exeter Uni.
    Anyone applying to the same/a similar course?
    Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish17)
    Hello,I applied for Sociology and Psychology (combined honours) on the 2nd January and received offers as follows;
    *7th Jan- York University
    *12th Jan- Royal Holloway University
    *7th Feb- Newcastle University
    *19th Feb-Edinburgh University
    *Still waiting for a response from Exeter Uni.
    Anyone applying to the same/a similar course?
    Good luck everyone
    Congrats on your offers! I have applied to Psychology at Edinburgh, but haven't heard anything yet also St Andrews, Glasgow, Stirling and Heriot Watt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily560)
    Congrats on your offers! I have applied to Psychology at Edinburgh, but haven't heard anything yet also St Andrews, Glasgow and Heriot Watt.
    Thanks and Good Luck!!

Where do you reckon you'll firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rish17)
    Thanks and Good Luck!!

Where do you reckon you'll firm?
    Thank you! Have an offer from Glasgow but havent heard back from anywhere else just yet
    I think I'd like to go to Glasgow or Stirling primarily, but I do really like Edinburgh and St Andrews so I'm torn!
    What about you??

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone attended an interview at Portsmouth university? If so, how long did you have to wait to find out if you had an offer or not?

I attended an interview there on thursday for paramedic science, the ucas site is down until tomorrow morning.

Bloody nerves!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.