Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    History, Biology and Sociology, was just looking to see how others felt is all :3

What subject did you take?
    Ah I did biology, chemistry and maths with WJEC. How did you find biol? I didn't like by4 tbh, by5 wasn't too bad considering how little revision I've done for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Ah I did biology, chemistry and maths with WJEC. How did you find biol? I didn't like by4 tbh, by5 wasn't too bad considering how little revision I've done for it
    Well I did a tonne of revision for BY4 so I found it okay, and I was very unprepared for BY5 bc I was busy revising for other things. All things considered though I think it went better than it could have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The stuff about missing grades by subject was the scariest!!! Considering that my subjects are Maths, F.Maths and Physics...
    65% of physics students failed to meet their expected grade.
    ~52% of maths students did too.
    ~45% of students predicted AAA missed their predictions by 2+ grades (I'm predicted A*AB so it's the best analogy)

Which means (if we assume all events are random and independent (isn't the case but I don't have the data on me))

The probability that I'll miss one of my target grades is: 30.1%
    Probably I miss none: 8%
    Probably I miss all: 17.6%
    Probably that I miss two: 44.3% :eek:
    I can afford to miss 2 IF it's only 2 grades I drop by and only 1 grade drop if I miss one,

Yeah that's scary
    "Show your working."

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I got A*A*AA in chem, further maths, physics and maths respectively. Further went well, but I made a ****ery of C4 and only got around 68/90.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    "Show your working."
    Seriously
    I hate showing my working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    I'd convinced myself I was getting AAAA but got AAAB and was in a pretty bad mood for the rest of that day ....

Now I've convinced myself I'm getting AAA so anything less I'll be gutted :/
    I was the opposite...I somehow convinced myself the highest I'd get in anything was a B, probably BBCC, and I ended up with four As

This year my guess is AAB, which is one grade below my firm offer... (@ ucl please let me in anyway?) But considering how much my mental health has improved, I probably won't be as far off as last year aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyEye)
    Yeah I think F334 and 5 were on the harder side maybe. I'm hoping the boundaries for them are the same as last year. What do you think the boundaries will be like? I'm hoping for a B.
    I don't think the grade boundaries will be higher, but they might be about the same. f334 could be a bit lower 😀.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieAlicexxx)
    I did it too- f334&5 were the devil. No way I'm getting an A now, keeping my fingers crossed for a B!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've probably done better than what you think you have. Last year I thought I totally messed up f331 but I ended up with a B 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    I was the opposite...I somehow convinced myself the highest I'd get in anything was a B, probably BBCC, and I ended up with four As

This year my guess is AAB, which is one grade below my firm offer... (@ ucl please let me in anyway?) But considering how much my mental health has improved, I probably won't be as far off as last year aha
    ah thats good to hear .. it seems you tend to underestimate yourself so I'm sure you'll get AAB or perhaps even AAA ! and yh my estimate is also one below my firm offer so @notts take me plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    I don't suppose anyone else here is on the WJEC spec ^.^
    I am! I did English Literature.
    Am I the only one that thinks their specification/marking has gotten a lot harder? I remember during GCSEs WJEC was known for being the "east exam board" and I feel like they're being overly harsh now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    You've probably done better than what you think you have. Last year I thought I totally messed up f331 but I ended up with a B 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the same with f331. Was so annoyed though as I got high As in f332 and f333 but a low C in F331 got me a British overall
    Let's hope and pray I get a B😂

ReputationRep:
    ah thats good to hear .. it seems you tend to underestimate yourself so I'm sure you'll get AAB or perhaps even AAA ! and yh my estimate is also one below my firm offer so @notts take me plz
    Hopefully yeah.. unfortunately I completely screwed up my history exam, so hopefully UCL look at modules and realise my coursework grade is in line with my offer aha (if they have room to take me), I'll be pretty upset if I miss out on UCL based on one exam tbh

And I hope you get the grades you need! What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    Hopefully yeah.. unfortunately I completely screwed up my history exam, so hopefully UCL look at modules and realise my coursework grade is in line with my offer aha (if they have room to take me), I'll be pretty upset if I miss out on UCL based on one exam tbh

And I hope you get the grades you need! What course are you doing?
    maths... my firm ( notts) want AAA and my insurance ( manc) want A*AB but will accept AAA lmao I'm so screwed cause I'm gonna most likely get a B in english offs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MessyEffy)
    I am! I did English Literature.
    Am I the only one that thinks their specification/marking has gotten a lot harder? I remember during GCSEs WJEC was known for being the "east exam board" and I feel like they're being overly harsh now.
    I didn't do English lit, but the WJEC are so shifty, they purposefully try to catch you out, it's ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    hahaha true but I can't help but feel that I'm going to learn the hard way why putting a firm and insurance choice asking for the same grades is a bad idea ... just praying one of them lets me in with lower grades or I'm gonna be picking some random course come results day
    Waheey, a Notts buddy. Don't worry, my insurance is higher than my firm. Don't have a clue what I was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    Waheey, a Notts buddy. Don't worry, my insurance is higher than my firm. Don't have a clue what I was thinking.
    my insurance wants A*AB and my firm wants AAA so it is kinda higher given my insurance wants an A* lmao but someone in my year put their firm as AAB as their insurance as AAA so you're not the only one and oh so you put notts as your firm as well ? what halls do you have cause i have sherwood as my offer and i really can't wait to hopefully move in

ReputationRep:
    maths... my firm ( notts) want AAA and my insurance ( manc) want A*AB but will accept AAA lmao I'm so screwed cause I'm gonna most likely get a B in english offs
    Aah see I didn't take fm at a level otherwise I might have gone for maths at uni.. I hated maths at GCSE and only took it to A level because I knew I'd find it stupidly easy, but by the end of this year it was pretty much my favourite subject (and I did consider taking a year out and doing fm at one point), and tbh I think I might have a chance at an A*

I'm doing anthropology which looks super interesting but there weren't many courses which taught both social and bio anth (most seem to just do social) - I think once I found them all I had a list of 9 and I chose 5 by ruling out Cambridge (HSPS) and any uni with a standard offer below BBB

UCL (firm) want AAA and insurance (Kent) want ABB (the lowest grades I could honestly see myself getting, so if I end up in clearing I'll be surprised tbh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    Aah see I didn't take fm at a level otherwise I might have gone for maths at uni.. I hated maths at GCSE and only took it to A level because I knew I'd find it stupidly easy, but by the end of this year it was pretty much my favourite subject (and I did consider taking a year out and doing fm at one point), and tbh I think I might have a chance at an A*

I'm doing anthropology which looks super interesting but there weren't many courses which taught both social and bio anth (most seem to just do social) - I think once I found them all I had a list of 9 and I chose 5 by ruling out Cambridge (HSPS) and any uni with a standard offer below BBB

UCL (firm) want AAA and insurance (Kent) want ABB (the lowest grades I could honestly see myself getting, so if I end up in clearing I'll be surprised tbh)
    I only did further maths AS and got an A by getting exactly 240ums so i was actually ON the boundary and cause my school didn't teach FM I dropped it after AS.... I messed up C3 BIG time but C4 was great so i will get an A but ill be like 6-9 marks off an A* fgs, but I am planning on retaking C3 next year to finally get the A* lmao even though i will be doing a maths degree.... ahhh i really hope you get your A* oh right i see anthropology seems interesting but dont really know much about it... and dont worry kent are very lenient with grades and i doubt you would get lower than AAB... i really hope you get into UCL cause UCL is so much better than kent like no offence ! ah i see yh with maths every uni offers it but lots of them have all these physics modules so it was hard to find a course that looked interesting enough which now means I'm struggling when it comes to finding a suitable clearing backup given I'm certain I'm not getting an A in english and thus will miss my offer yet i have two unis so hopefully one will be nice and let me in anyways

ReputationRep:
    I'd convinced myself I was getting AAAA but got AAAB and was in a pretty bad mood for the rest of that day ....

Now I've convinced myself I'm getting AAA so anything less I'll be gutted :/
    Omg same , that B at AS still hurts me today , really hope I dont get any such disappointment this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Haha I laughed when I saw a D in Unit 1 English Lit
    But I was actually in tears of happiness when I saw my Bio, Chem and Maths UMS...

Then I felt depressed for the rest of the day because my mum kept shouting at me for getting good enough grades to apply to Cambridge.
    oh god yh my parents are quite chilled like my mum was just like oh a B is still good like NO it isn't like so i think i care more about grades than my parents do tbh but will be very interested to see how they react this time around if i dont get AAA

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.