Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
xemilyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey, really **** at reading other people's posts. I don't know if I am going to use the student room anymore. Don't think me moaning here is helping anyone. Feeling like I am going to cry, already have done about a million times today feel like I am stuck
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xemilyx)
hey, really **** at reading other people's posts. I don't know if I am going to use the student room anymore. Don't think me moaning here is helping anyone. Feeling like I am going to cry, already have done about a million times today feel like I am stuck
emily, does posting here help you? You shouldn't feel that you have to post if you don't want to, but at the same time you shouldn't worry if you don't think you can help other people. Everyone realises it's difficult to help someone else through depression when you're suffering from it yourself, and nobody's expecting anything from you.

You should do what you feel would be best to help you, although obviously we would all be sad to see you go. :hugs:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So I phoned a friend to try and chat to distract myself, but I could tell she didn't really want to talk so that conversation only lasted for a few minutes. I feel sick and weak and disgusting but I'm holding on. I have a driving lesson at half past 4 which I'm stupidly anxious about - I've never been a particularly nervous driver in the past, but it's been 3 weeks since I last drove and I know I'll be crap. I want to phone and cancel but I've messed the instructor around a lot by cancelling lessons at the last minute, so I don't want to annoy him. I just don't see how I'm supposed to concentrate on driving when my head is all over the place and my stomach feels ill and I feel shaky and horrible and want to tear my hair out or something. Eurgh.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
So I phoned a friend to try and chat to distract myself, but I could tell she didn't really want to talk so that conversation only lasted for a few minutes. I feel sick and weak and disgusting but I'm holding on. I have a driving lesson at half past 4 which I'm stupidly anxious about - I've never been a particularly nervous driver in the past, but it's been 3 weeks since I last drove and I know I'll be crap. I want to phone and cancel but I've messed the instructor around a lot by cancelling lessons at the last minute, so I don't want to annoy him. I just don't see how I'm supposed to concentrate on driving when my head is all over the place and my stomach feels ill and I feel shaky and horrible and want to tear my hair out or something. Eurgh.
If you want to talk to someone pm me and we can msn or something? :hugs: sorry you're feeling this way.

ps. I'm not very good at helping but I'm willing to be a listening ear if that's what you're looking for.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I'm worried my Nan is going to die She is still very poorly and she isn't getting any better. I don't know what to do .

I'm also ridiculously tired because I haven't been sleeping at night, at all. This week has been hard... I feel unprepared for uni although I don't want to stay around here for much longer. I really really cannot feel like this at uni. I wouldn't be able to cope because nothing would be familiar to me and I won't feel safe.
upturnedpalms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm worried my Nan is going to die She is still very poorly and she isn't getting any better. I don't know what to do .

I'm also ridiculously tired because I haven't been sleeping at night, at all. This week has been hard... I feel unprepared for uni although I don't want to stay around here for much longer. I really really cannot feel like this at uni. I wouldn't be able to cope because nothing would be familiar to me and I won't feel safe.
I don't mean this to sound harsh, but there's not much you can do my lovely. Talk to her and visit her and be with her as much as you can, but everything has its time and everything ends. It must be a tough time for all of you, but unfortunately it's something you will have to go through at some point. Do you want to talk about it any more? Are you close to her? :console:

Please don't worry about uni. You don't have to be all excited and look forward to it if that's not how you feel at the moment, but panicking will only build up negative feelings, and you're going to an amazing place, where you have the opportunity for a whole new start. You don't know how you're going to feel there until you get there, so cross that bridge when you come to it. Thinking of you.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
I really need to learn not to watch DVDs when I am so so tired. They just make me emotional and upset. Stupid me.
Wow. Me too. When I'm depressed and tired, pretty much anything can make me upset :o:

What did you watch?
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
I don't mean this to sound harsh, but there's not much you can do my lovely. Talk to her and visit her and be with her as much as you can, but everything has its time and everything ends. It must be a tough time for all of you, but unfortunately it's something you will have to go through at some point.
That's v.good advice.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
That's v.good advice.
It is? Thank you. :o:

I'm just remembering when my grandmother died; it was completely unexpected. She was in her 60s, yeah, but not really old enough that I'd think about her dying at all. She had a hip surgery that went badly wrong and she died. We were very close and I never got to say goodbye to her. So I really understand how hard this must be for you, as my grandfather died slowly of a brain tumor, but there's a flip-side to everything. :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for everyone, have a good weekend.

I will be back Sunday, or maybe online later tonight if im lucky.

Izzy and Liz :love: Speak soon

*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Wow. Me too. When I'm depressed and tired, pretty much anything can make me upset :o:

What did you watch?
The OC. How pathetic am I? How are you babe? :hugs: x
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
The OC. How pathetic am I? How are you babe? :hugs: x
I'm okay. Ploughing through the days. :p:

Any media can set me off when I'm depressed.

meh TV. meh cinema.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:cry:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
:cry:
Can i cry with you please??
belle654
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
and me, i feel quite terrible tonight
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fairy spangles)
Can i cry with you please??
(Original post by belle654)
and me, i feel quite terrible tonight
Please do, company is needed. :hugs:

*Sitara gives out tissues and biccies*
Laus
Report 10 years ago
Thanks UTP. Good advice ... I know you're right ... I just don't want it to happen. I am close to her.

Uni may be a fresh start but all it is is a new place. x
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
Thanks UTP. Good advice ... I know you're right ... I just don't want it to happen. I am close to her.

Uni may be a fresh start but all it is is a new place. x
But maybe a just new place is a good thing. You don't know how you'll react to being in a different environment. :hugs:
ununpentium
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've started on the propranolol. I feel so relieved the psych prescribed it for me. Haven't felt anxious as of yet, will see.
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: to everyone, I wish I could've been around last night for you all. How is everyone this morning?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise