Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HermesTrismegistus)
    The visa... God, tell me about it. It's been totally stressing me out for the past two weeks. I am finally going to the embassy this week, though! Are you also international?
    Yep, I'm international for visa & fees purposes

It's been stressing me out a LOT because my bank is not in the same country and it was such a nightmare trying to get them to send my an original bank document.
    Also, I'm not entirely sure what the CAS entails - I hope that it doesnt suddenly say that I've got to take an English language test or something - then I'll be pissed -_-

I've got an appointment to go to the embassy next week

There is SO much paper work, it's ridonkulous!

ReputationRep:
    If the offer also requires the certificate of my finished a level, can I just scan it and email to them? I feel it's not really safe to post a original certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Luo)
    If the offer also requires the certificate of my finished a level, can I just scan it and email to them? I feel it's not really safe to post a original certificate.
    I thought we don't get exam certificates till November? :/
    Or at least that's the case with my school.

Do you mean your results slip?
    You could either scan it and email it to them
    OR you could photocopy the certificate and get the school the certify it as a true original (normally they use an official school stamp and stamp the photocopy and sign it or something - most likely your school will have a normal procedure for this.)

ReputationRep:
    so I eh, rang my college today.... for those of you considering it.. dont bother. It's an entirely fruitless endeavour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma1701)
    so I eh, rang my college today.... for those of you considering it.. dont bother. It's an entirely fruitless endeavour.
    Which college is your offer from? What did you ask them and what did they say?
    Sorry for bombarding you with questions there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CordeliaDesdamona)
    Which college is your offer from? What did you ask them and what did they say?
    Sorry for bombarding you with questions there
    Queens' college, I just rang them to see if they would tell me anything about results, so I went on a bit of a ramble about the summer pool, and the lady on the phone completely saw right through me, (it was a pretty poor attempt on my part to be fair), but she basically told me that I should just be patient, wait until Thursday, and they would let me know as soon as they could.
    She also said that if I didn’t get the grades I needed that they might still accept me depending on how much I missed the grades by and by how much other applicants missed their offers.
    She did say that they couldn't do anything until the results came through, which sort of implied that they don't have them at the moment, although I thought they got them on Sunday...:confused: well, she was probably just trying to get rid of me
    But anyway, they're totally not divulging anything… suppose we'll just have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma1701)
    Did you really expect them to break the law for you? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    I thought we don't get exam certificates till November? :/
    Or at least that's the case with my school.

Do you mean your results slip?
    You could either scan it and email it to them
    OR you could photocopy the certificate and get the school the certify it as a true original (normally they use an official school stamp and stamp the photocopy and sign it or something - most likely your school will have a normal procedure for this.)
    I got my pure maths certificate already. Do you think i can just scan it and send to them?
    it's part of the offer as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyam)
    Did you really expect them to break the law for you? :P
    Nah, but it was worth a shot, if you never try you never know

I thought you guys might be interested to know that a lot of the Colleges have Facebook pages ("people", really) if you're looking to meet freshers before you go.

(Original post by Got the tshirt)
      :wavey:
      Here's the Pembroke one, but you can find a few others from its friends. :p:

ReputationRep:
      another 40 hours ish.............

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Amy Luo)
      I got my pure maths certificate already. Do you think i can just scan it and send to them?
      it's part of the offer as well.
      I'm sure that will be fine.
      Christ's allows just about everything to be sent via email, so I'm sure it'll be okay.

Just mention in the email that if they so wish, you're willing to send them a certified copy of the certificate, just in case

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by theforum)
      My response gets deleted and this doesn't? What the hell criteria do mods on here work on?
      The criteria that while we do our best to catch everything, we can't be entirely consistent because we also have incredibly busy lives with dissertations to write and therefore frequently skim threads rather than reading every single post in depth and sometimes miss things. As happened in this case. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, although it's better to report the post using the button in the corner in the future.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zoedotdot)
      The criteria that while we do our best to catch everything, we can't be entirely consistent because we also have incredibly busy lives with dissertations to write and therefore frequently skim threads rather than reading every single post in depth and sometimes miss things. As happened in this case. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, although it's better to report the post using the button in the corner in the future.
      Fair enough. I do apologise for my misdirected rage.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by theforum)
      Fair enough. I do apologise for my misdirected rage.
      No worries, I apologise for missing it in the first place

ReputationRep:
      I was just looking at the admissions' stats (as you do) for engineering and this year they had 1643 applications and made 338 offers. Last year 1798 applied and they made 389 offers (336 were admitted!). The year before that 1546 applied there were 347 offers and 307 were admitted.

How many places do they have?

I can't find individual college and subject stats.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Got the tshirt)
      I was just looking at the admissions' stats (as you do) for engineering and this year they had 1643 applications and made 338 offers. Last year 1798 applied and they made 389 offers (336 were admitted!). The year before that 1546 applied there were 347 offers and 307 were admitted.

How many places do they have?

I can't find individual college and subject stats.
      Cambridge colleges usually just admit everyone who meets their offer as well as occasionally some through the summer pool. They won't admit people below par just to meet a target. If you look in other subjects (apart from law or medicine I think) there are similar variations.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dbou)
      Cambridge colleges usually just admit everyone who meets their offer as well as occasionally some through the summer pool. They won't admit people below par just to meet a target. If you look in other subjects (apart from law or medicine I think) there are similar variations.
      Thanks just clutching at straws!

ReputationRep:
      I'm really starting to freak out right now..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dbou)
      Great :mad:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.