ReputationRep:
    Just did a practice draft and got:

QB: Vick, Freeman, Kolb
    RB: Jones-Drew, Hillis, DeAngelo Williams,
    WR: Reggie Wayne, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Lloyd, Johnny Knox
    Def: Chicago
    K: Dawson, Brown
    TE: Pettigrew, Watson

I wasn't sure how many people I was meant to get for each position so did my best - missed out on a few people I wanted by very small margins.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    ...To be wiped out in Week 1?
    Quite possibly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Just did a practice draft and got:

QB: Vick, Freeman, Kolb
    RB: Jones-Drew, Hillis, DeAngelo Williams,
    WR: Reggie Wayne, Santonio Holmes, Brandon Lloyd, Johnny Knox
    Def: Chicago
    K: Dawson, Brown
    TE: Pettigrew, Watson

I wasn't sure how many people I was meant to get for each position so did my best - missed out on a few people I wanted by very small margins.
    I'm going to be nice and advise you to draft more than three running backs and less than two kickers. :P
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be nice and advise you to draft more than three running backs and less than two kickers. :P
    What about the week where the K has a bye and why more than three?

Would this team have been terrible

I was quite happy with it as I knew who most of the players were XD

ReputationRep:

By the time your K has a bye you will probably have a player who is injured or can be dropped without losing anything. Similar strategy for defense. If you pick up two kickers you're essentially carrying dead wood for however long it is until your starter's bye week.

It's hard to comment on how good your team is without seeing where you picked up certain players, and who you passed on to pick those players up.

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry but yes, it would have been quite bad The standard setup is:
    2 QBs
    4/5 RBs (I prefer to go with 5)
    5/4 WRs
    2 TEs
    1 K
    1 DEF

The RBs are the position that get you the most points so you want to have as many as possible starting (3) and a few to cover the others if they're injured or have a bye. Kickers only get you about a 1/3 of the points a good RB will get you over a season so it's important to cover a RB instead for a bye.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    By the time your K has a bye you will probably have a player who is injured or can be dropped without losing anything. Similar strategy for defense. If you pick up two kickers you're essentially carrying dead wood for however long it is until your starter's bye week.

It's hard to comment on how good your team is without seeing where you picked up certain players, and who you passed on to pick those players up.
    I think I got some good players and would do okay though. You are right about the kicker stuff though and am doing another practice now to see how I do

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised with Kickers, usually they barely get you 10 points but Kaeding (Chargers K) got me like 20+ a few times last season
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    I'm sorry but yes, it would have been quite bad The standard setup is:
    2 QBs
    4/5 RBs (I prefer to go with 5)
    5/4 WRs
    2 TEs
    1 K
    1 DEF

The RBs are the position that get you the most points so you want to have as many as possible starting (3) and a few to cover the others if they're injured or have a bye. Kickers only get you about a 1/3 of the points a good RB will get you over a season so it's important to cover a RB instead for a bye.
    I did pick up my k/TEs late on in the game but fair enough. My team would have been pretty similar with regards to the better players I would just have made different late decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    You'd be surprised with Kickers, usually they barely get you 10 points but Kaeding (Chargers K) got me like 20+ a few times last season
    Kickers are strange, because having an accurate kicker doesn't always mean good points. You need a kicker who plays for a team with a low redzone TD conversion rate, because then they get more chances at field goals worth 3 fantasy points over XPs worth 1 fantasy point.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    The points on there are all well above 10 for kickers. Am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    The points on there are all well above 10 for kickers. Am I missing something?
    That's over the whole season, he's on about per week.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    That's over the whole season, he's on about per week.
    Oh okay

ReputationRep:
    First overall pick :cool:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    This is most of my team on the second go. I've quit it to find our one. I preferred my first team.

Rodgers
    Forte, Bradshaw
    Boldin, Britt
    Dustin keller
    Ryan Matthews
    Dan Carpenter
    Chicago Bears

Fred Jackson
    Jay Cutler
    Hines Ward
    Santana Moss

Out of interest do people pay more attention to 2010 points or 2011 predictions? I try and go for a balance and some guesses based on my limited knowledge of some other players.

ReputationRep:
    ATTENTION: FANTASY DRAFT IN 5 MINUTES.

Go to nfl.com, log in and click on our league. then go to the "draft centre" tab and click enter draft!

ReputationRep:
    Get on the draft chat if you aren't already!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I love NFL do any of you know a website where I can watch the games for free if so PM me . oh yeah and I almost forgot...COME ON CAROLINA PANTHERS!!

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest do people pay more attention to 2010 points or 2011 predictions? I try and go for a balance and some guesses based on my limited knowledge of some other players.
    Consistency is key for the first couple of rounds as well as looking at prior injuries from not only the previous season but going back to even the college years. It's also good to take risks on players you believe will have a breakout year, even if they're rookies. I picked up Julio Jones in one of my leagues and so far he's been solid in the preseason.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.