Oh god this is making me worried now :/
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by turboweevil)
Oh god this is making me worried now :/
Don't worry hun. I really should have put that the students with an unconditional offer get their accomodation allocated by the 1st August so anytime from now till then the people with unconditional offers get allocated. The rest get allocated when they're offers become unconditional, after your results.

Well thats what the accomodation office said.
James9876
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
I'm worried now, I really wanted Lupton :/ It was on budget for me and self catering!!! I need self catering I'm really worried because I did get an email from one of the Accomodation people asking about my medical stuff because I asked for permission to have a very small fridge in my room for my insulin I just want a regular self-catered room!!! I don't want a special room (((((((((
I definitely wouldn't worry! I remember accommoffice saying that although they were trying to get all the offers out this week, some would be sent out next week. It's probably just because Lupton's one of the largest residences, it's taking them a bit longer than the smaller ones!
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're in self catered accomm can you still buy food in the refectory?
dni2011
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alexpower)
If you're in self catered accomm can you still buy food in the refectory?
ofcourse! thats what im gona do!
alexpower
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dni2011)
brilliant! i thought i read somewhere earlier in the thread that you couldnt, had a minor panic :P
Bogisz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You guys who have all had your accomodation offers, are you all unconditional? :s
Georgiiaa92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
I applied for Lupton and haven't heard anything yet!
I haven't heard anything either, applied for Clarence Dock
dni2011
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bogisz)
You guys who have all had your accomodation offers, are you all unconditional? :s
ya, you only get ur room numbers after uve been offered an unconditional offer.
onftr
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've applied for Charles Morris, but haven't heard anything yet though :<
dmz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dni2011)
me too , there's 1 meal you can't buy tho, can't remember which
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Do we need our own microwave btw?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dmz)
Do we need our own microwave btw?
There should be a microwave already in the kitchen. You probably won't have a toaster though, so if you want one, then you'll have to get your own.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
There should be a microwave already in the kitchen. You probably won't have a toaster though, so if you want one, then you'll have to get your own.
Ha cool, thanks dude!
Clairrre
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by James9876)
Lupton D2.22 here! It'll be great, I've heard amazing things about Lupton!
Hope so! I rang them and apparently they put all healthcare students (like me) together so I'm hoping my block won't be too quiet, especially when everyone's on placement! If it is I'll just invade all other blocks

Do you know if it's worth buying a bus pass?
emilymay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
I wouldn't suggest buying a toaster before you go though! I reckon it'll be much better to get a toaster between the flat, all put a couple of squids in, saves everyone money, and stops us having 5 toasters lined up on the counter =P Think we have to get a kettle aswell. xx
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilymay)
I wouldn't suggest buying a toaster before you go though! I reckon it'll be much better to get a toaster between the flat, all put a couple of squids in, saves everyone money, and stops us having 5 toasters lined up on the counter =P Think we have to get a kettle aswell. xx
That's a good point, thankfully no-one in my flat brought a toaster with them when they moved in, so someone got one a few days later. I can't remember if there was a kettle there when I moved in or whether someone bought it.
accomoffice
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emilymay)
Definitely the best idea!
Kettles are provided though (although not at The Tannery and James Baillie)
meggandbeans
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got my offer for Lupton! Block E-anyone else? Ahh excited!
Most people thinking of moving in on the weekend before the 19th then?
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by meggandbeans)
Got my offer for Lupton! Block E-anyone else? Ahh excited!
Most people thinking of moving in on the weekend before the 19th then?
Well Freshers starts on the 18th so i imagine most people will have moved up by then. I remember asking about move in dates before and it seems like the Saturday (17th) will be a popular choice for people.

I'm planning to move up on the Thursday (15th), assuming i meet my offer obviously. :/
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads