Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Wouldn't be surprised if people at school were... Happiness is overrated :emo: Everything looks much vetter with an exclamation mark! It's like: you have no friends! You failed all your exams! They make everything nicer!

Oh this is getting out of hand! Which page is it on, I can't remember!?
    Well I don't know oh forget it

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be surprised if people at school were... Happiness is overrated :emo: Everything looks much vetter with an exclamation mark! It's like: you have no friends! You failed all your exams! They make everything nicer!

Oh this is getting out of hand! Which page is it on, I can't remember!?
    Oh people are at my school, it's not a big shock! Happiness is good haha, oh I know doesn't it?! Exclamation marks are the best part of punctuation...exclamatory sentences just make my day! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Guys, what happened to the accent challenges we/some of us did ages ago?

It's awkward because I'm younger than you all, some by almost two years! Do I sound posh though, in real life, I definitely do!
    I'm born on the 28th of August...three more days and I'd be in your Year 10 thread. :eek:

Being younger rules!

(Original post by emma.b)
    Oh wow yeah I know what you are talking about, I do like that accent though! It sounds nice!
    I suppose it does but after a while, having every other person telling you that they think you go to a Private School gets annoying. :lol:

(Original post by sarahiscool)
    same, the amount of people who ask me if i go to a private school and who tell me i sound posh is ridiculous ... i dont even sound that posh
    Precisely! At least we're safe in the knowledge that should we need a job, our posh accents are highly employable in America.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Haha you don't sound like Gérard Butler(his Scottish btw) I like your accent pure irish 100%:p:D
    Woo thanks! I'm glad I do not sound like a man!
    And well, Irish without the 'to be sure to be sure' 'top of the mornin to ya' 'thirty three and a third' and all that jazz!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I'm gonna PM people... So many posts!

ReputationRep:
    Accent challenges you say?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    If you think my accent is horrible then just say :emo:
    Are you trolling? :/ all i heard was a robotic rusty sound.

Posted from TSR Mobile OMG THIS NEW APP IS SO COOL. I'm DYING.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Are you trolling? :/ all i heard was a robotic rusty sound.

I didn't say but I dropped something when doing that first recording, the second recording is clearer
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Accent challenges you say?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup! Give me a minute while I try and salvage it out of the older versions of this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)

I suppose it does but after a while, having every other person telling you that they think you go to a Private School gets annoying. :lol:

Precisely! At least we're safe in the knowledge that should we need a job, our posh accents are highly employable in America.
    It's even more annoying when you actually do go to a private school, they always want to know which one ...

Yes get in there ! But tbh I think most english accents sound quite posh to foreigners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    It's even more annoying when you actually do go to a private school, they always want to know which one ...

Yes get in there ! But tbh I think most english accents sound quite posh to foreigners
    Which private school do you go to? Harrow's All Boys School?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    Well I don't know oh forget it
    You could've just posted it normally, rather than doing all your confusing things!

Oh people are at my school, it's not a big shock! Happiness is good haha, oh I know doesn't it?! Exclamation marks are the best part of punctuation...exclamatory sentences just make my day! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meh, happiness is ok, not too bad! They make bad things sound nice, and who wants a boring full stop?

(Original post by Aurorae)
    I'm born on the 28th of August...three more days and I'd be in your Year 10 thread. :eek:

Being younger rules!
    I'm 15th, the same day as the Omagh bombings 16 days for me!

Young-ness is the best, we'll die last! Where are the people born in September!?

(Original post by Bude8)
    Here's another clip of my voice, just reciting a line of translated Latin that I have to know.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aOBTMXteo1
    Wow, sounds so happy!

Oh wow! Well I'm one of the youngest in my year so we are in the same boat buddy! You do sound posh!
    Whereas I sound like I was raised in a field...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're only older than be by about a year then, but I wonder what being the oldest feels like, I'll never know! I am most definitely not posh, someone asked me once, then asked me if I lived in 'insert certain area' and I said no, and 'insert where I live', and they responded with 'oh, you're not posh then.' How nice! But it is nice to be known as 'not posh'. Oh dear, I'm rambling again.

You don't sound like a farmer, but it sounds more country-side-ish, which is much nicer than chavvy!

Has anyone seen the new class system? It has seven levels, and one of them is 'elite'! Not at all elitist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I didn't say but I dropped something when doing that first recording, the second recording is clearer
    So that's what it was! Your accent sounds really cool, it's quite deep too!

ReputationRep:
    x
    I appreciate the sarcasm

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing! Can I employ you to replace all the computerized voice systems in the world?

Indeed, and that was very eloquently written.

I would absolutely love that! If I were a PI, I'd have to research all my clients before actually doing the work.

You're welcome!

For anyone who is interested, here's my accent, it sounds awful on a recording thing, it's awful quality, and I didn't know what to say, but it's here: http://vocaroo.com/i/s04VNaHyDNQq
    Ohhh myy..... You're a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Which private school do you go to? Harrow's All Boys School?
    ahahaha no. I go to eton lol jk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Ah, you probably didn't see the male symbol on the app

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Yes... I always was... did I come across as a girl? The app doesn't have gender symbols does it?

(Original post by Bude8)
    I appreciate the sarcasm
    You're welcome
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Found it! You guys are welcome to give it a go if you like.

The Challenge:

Go to:

www.vocaroo.com

Record and upload a voice clip of the following:

Your name and username.

Where you’re from.

Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theatre, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pyjamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.

(These questions are more to see how different people describe something such as the Americans calling pavements "Sidewalks")

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?

What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?

What’s the bug, that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?

What do you say to address a group of people?

What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?

I also found the recordings of a few people here. :evil:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.