The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by Blueray2
I hope we all get the grades we want :smile: Good luck guys.

And just remember, talking about it and worrying etc, wont change anything, the exams are DONE, OVER, so just enjoy the summer as much as you can :biggrin:

Very true, I'm trying not to think about it too much! :smile:
Original post by Kat12395
So can Runescape, apparently... :colondollar:

Runescape and Habbo Hotel was what I lived on back in the day! But it's changed soo much, I don't really see the point in going back on :/
Reply 2342
Original post by BC95
Also waiting for History and Eng Lit. Good Luck !!:smile:

Ah thanks!! :smile:
Reply 2343
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1376173308.323167.jpg

100% me on Wednesday night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Why not 3? If you improved chemistry it's likely to be an A* over an A?

Lucky you! Boundaries before results day:tongue:

Well considering I had a C from AS the A* just seems too unrealistic but then again so does the A but I'm pretty sure I've done it :tongue: And yeah it'll be interesting to see what M2 is like to confirm if I have or haven't got 2 A*'s but if I got 3 that'd just be awesome! :biggrin:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Oh okay then, I just thought you'd pretty much easily match the rest of your offer so the most worrying part would be STEP for you, anyway how's your summer been?

I am confident with meeting the A Level part of the offer as it requires 43/150 in one Physics exam but I'm still getting quite agitated about the results as I'm aiming for a lot higher. I am trying to beat 1182/1200 across Maths/Further Maths (Schools current record for overall highest UMS) and to do this I need to drop 8 or less UMS marks across C4, FP2-3, and M4-5.

STEP is obviously a different kettle of fish but I am certain of meeting the insurance offer and don't feel too bad about the 1, 1 for Cambridge. If I do miss the 1,1 I think I have a good grade in STEP I and lots of A Level stuff to back me up so it should hopefully be fine.
Reply 2346
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Here. AS or A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2, finished everything and now waiting for results. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haniie219
The only thing is that if you completely failed in a January exam, it still has to go on your UCAS application just like any other grade! I revised A LOT for that chemistry exam so was disappointed with a C even though a majority of people got Us :s-smilie:
Yeah, it's important that you have that hard work ethic from day one of A Levels, puts you at an advantage :smile:. Chemistry was a big step but English Lit is also completely different compared to GCSE!

Yes, that's very true! Being above Southampton etc on league tables is very reassuring. I didn't realise how good Leicester was until after doing some research to be honest!

I guess that it would have looked bad although if we could have broken up history I may not have panicked so much for the Summer exams. History is the only one I think may put me back and may be the deciding factor for my AS results as I thought psychology went really well and geography went above average. Although at A level it is impossible to predict what you may get. But if you got a C in January it must have relaxed you a bit for the summer especially since it was a very high C.

As for Leicester I agree with you I pretty much had no idea about it I didn't even know it was a good uni until I looked. I pretty much put into ucas course search Geography for AAB and Geography ABB as I thought ABB was my best bet and AAB if the examiners are magically in love with what I write in the exams:wink:. Leicester, UEA, Southampton, Sheffield and Lancaster were the ones I liked. My teacher said Keele and Swansea for lower grade options. I then looked at where they were in the rankings and then found out that Leicester was 16 and thought well maybe it will be good.:biggrin:
Original post by DJMayes
I am confident with meeting the A Level part of the offer as it requires 43/150 in one Physics exam but I'm still getting quite agitated about the results as I'm aiming for a lot higher. I am trying to beat 1182/1200 across Maths/Further Maths (Schools current record for overall highest UMS) and to do this I need to drop 8 or less UMS marks across C4, FP2-3, and M4-5.

STEP is obviously a different kettle of fish but I am certain of meeting the insurance offer and don't feel too bad about the 1, 1 for Cambridge. If I do miss the 1,1 I think I have a good grade in STEP I and lots of A Level stuff to back me up so it should hopefully be fine.

That's fair enough and I hope you beat the current record which I must say is very impressive! My schools is very poor really and all the best for Thursday but if you don't get in then god knows who can!
Original post by KalSA
Does anyone know any breathing exercises? Really need to calm the crap down.

Breathe in through your nose, and out through your mouth - helps me every time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by garabacm
A2, finished everything and now waiting for results. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AS :smile: how is the business econ module. I prefer macro over micro and we started the 3rd module at the end of year 12 and it's so boring for me at the moment. Does it get better? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did Bio AQA, Chem AQA, History Edexcel (anyone else? seen a lot of historians here) and Maths Stats OCR

oh and Critical Thinking, but c'mon, that doesn't count
Well considering I had a C from AS the A* just seems too unrealistic but then again so does the A but I'm pretty sure I've done it :tongue: And yeah it'll be interesting to see what M2 is like to confirm if I have or haven't got 2 A*'s but if I got 3 that'd just be awesome! :biggrin:

Yeah, but if your UMS from the A2 needs to be high to get the A, then it'll also do the 90% average so it's more likely to get an A* than an A!

Make sense?
Yeah, but if your UMS from the A2 needs to be high to get the A, then it'll also do the 90% average so it's more likely to get an A* than an A!

Make sense?

This is what I'm thinking for one of my subjects - I'm pretty sure that I'll either get a B or an A*.
Going to get it on tuesday cause im international. I took math, further math, geography, and business studies
SO GUYS:

What are we all doing on TSR to pass the night on the 14th? Movie marathon? Team quizzes? :awesome:

Make sense?

Yeah I understand the concept however I resat one of the AS units purposely because I'd either get a B or A* so I wanted the possibility to get the A as well which hopefully will be the case :biggrin:
Original post by ChemistryChic
SO GUYS:

What are we all doing on TSR to pass the night on the 14th? Movie marathon? Team quizzes? :awesome:

Oh movie marathon all the way.:cool:
Original post by ChemistryChic
SO GUYS:

Movie marathon for me :tongue: How about you?
Original post by venenecinema
This is what I'm thinking for one of my subjects - I'm pretty sure that I'll either get a B or an A*.

Ooh. What subject?:smile:

Yeah I understand the concept however I resat one of the AS units purposely because I'd either get a B or A* so I wanted the possibility to get the A as well which hopefully will be the case :biggrin:

Aaah, I'd laugh if you got low on the AS, and smashed the A2 and got the A*!

Latest