Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youraveragestudent)
    nothing yet, just a 7 week email received last week :/
    did you receive a 5 week mail before that? how long after the 5 week mail did you receive your 7 week? I'm sooooo nervous(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuestionsQ)
    Hey, do you mind if I ask what kind of grades you have?

Congratulations,

QuestionsQ

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I have 10 a* at gcse and 4a's
    AAAB at a level with 100 percent in geography and history
    predicted A*A*A* and a in another as

Some people probably haven't heard yet but have better grades than me - I think it just gets to a point when they have to send out another email update after you've been waiting a while after the 5 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truea96)
    Thanks! I have 10 a* at gcse and 4a's
    AAAB at a level with 100 percent in geography and history
    predicted A*A*A* and a in another as

Some people probably haven't heard yet but have better grades than me - I think it just gets to a point when they have to send out another email update after you've been waiting a while after the 5 weeks!
    It's pretty inconceivable that many have 'better' grades than you - but sure, there will be some.

Congratulations on reaching the next stage,

QuestionsQ

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for History yet? Got the 5 week email about 4 weeks ago, but still if anyone has any offers...everyone is taking their time for history it seems :L apart from Exeter who offered me A*AA -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james8821)
    5 weeks ended yesterday, no reply but other people got offers on the last day of their 5 week email for Management.

Anyone know what that means? I got a Fee status questionnaire earlier, would that have delayed my decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am applying for management and my 5 weeks ended yesterday too... no reply, not even a fee status questionnaire...

ReputationRep:
    Applying to management, and my five week ended yesterday and got an offer yesterday........I nearly went crazy after seen that email...... And that was a big comfort for me as I was rejected by oxford PPE on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gera_95)
    Hi guys,

basically, I have submitted my application with my current IELTS results (which isn't great)

Listening: 8.5
    Reading: 7.5
    Speaking: 7.0
    Writing: 6.5
    Overall: 7.5

The minimum requirement is 7.0 in each section. Can I get rejected because of my poor IELTS results?
    Or can they just tell me to resit it?

I got my country's qualification, which is equivalent to 5 A* and 9 A's
    AS level: AABB
    A-level predictions A*AAA

I am applying to Management, where the min. requirement is AAB.
    I am also applying to Management, I got both 9s in listening& reading, 7 in speaking and only 6 for writing, and I got an offer from management!
    They asked me to achieve 7 in IB English B HL as a condition though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalvinTsao)
    Got an offer from LSE for management this morning (9.30 a.m) !!!!!
    YESSSSSSS!!!

Exactly the last day of the five week
    ME TOO!!!! I guess you are Chinese as well?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who got offers, well done guys!!!

Hopefully, i will get offer for Management.. fingers crossed!:adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Htx3)
    I am also applying to Management, I got both 9s in listening& reading, 7 in speaking and only 6 for writing, and I got an offer from management!
    They asked me to achieve 7 in IB English B HL as a condition though.
    Oh thank you for giving me hope! Congrats with your offer!!!:clap2:

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any results?
    My 5 weeks is over and I am hearing absolutely nothing.
    Oh dear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farah95)
    Does a good personal statement make up for grades at LSE? I've got pretty solid IGCSEs but average AS and an A*AA prediction but after looking at other peoples predicted grades/as-levels I'm not feeling *too* great about my application even though I do fit all the entry requirements. I should probably stop overthinking it.
    what were your IGCSE grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gera_95)
    Hi guys,

basically, I have submitted my application with my current IELTS results (which isn't great)

Listening: 8.5
    Reading: 7.5
    Speaking: 7.0
    Writing: 6.5
    Overall: 7.5

The minimum requirement is 7.0 in each section. Can I get rejected because of my poor IELTS results?
    Or can they just tell me to resit it?

I got my country's qualification, which is equivalent to 5 A* and 9 A's
    AS level: AABB
    A-level predictions A*AAA

I am applying to Management, where the min. requirement is AAB.
    You will probably be asked to re-sit it.

By the way, I am ever more convinced that IELTS exam is pretty much useless. It doesn't really test the actual level of English. Being a test, is too generic and to my mind is not related to the real proficiency of the candidate and his/her ability to deal with daily conversations.

What's more, taking my application to Oxford as an example, I had to write an essay, to do a multiple question test and I am going to be interviewed. What do they need this bloody IELTS for?

(If it seems that I may have a chip on my shoulder, I got 8.5 overall, 7.5 as lowest)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caesar95)
    You will probably be asked to re-sit it.

By the way, I am ever more convinced that IELTS exam is pretty much useless. It doesn't really test the actual level of English. Being a test, is too generic and to my mind is not related to the real proficiency of the candidate and his/her ability to deal with daily conversations.

What's more, taking my application to Oxford as an example, I had to write an essay, to do a multiple question test and I am going to be interviewed. What do they need this bloody IELTS for?

(If it seems that I may have a chip on my shoulder, I got 8.5 overall, 7.5 as lowest)

I just find it so annoying. I already sat my IELTS exam 2 times. And i got the same results twice. I already received an offer from Exeter, however LSE is my firm choice..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    what were your IGCSE grades
    [email protected], what date did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    DId LSE send you the questionnaire?
    The UMS one, I assume you're referring to? Yes, I received the questionnaire - quite early on as well in the process (before my 2 week email)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    congratulations on the offer and well done for those impressive results, I just hope now that LSE give me a god damn offer which gives me less pressure when I go to my Cambridge interview.
    Those were my thoughts exactly when I received the offer. Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle18)
    Here's hoping! How far are you into your 5 weeker?
    3 weeks only.

I'm guessing your PS was pretty solid then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle18)
    Those were my thoughts exactly when I received the offer. Good luck to you!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Whats the difference between the five and seven week email anyone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.