Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd love it if Bournemouth and Brentford went up automatically, but my head says it'll be Derby and Ipswich. Still a long way to go, though.

We keep getting wins against big clubs but no one takes us seriously. We're well run, we spend carefully and we've got a great team. We don't have a big name but the clubs with famous histories who are circling the drain consistently write us off. While we are overachieving we're not as lucky or odds-defeating as a lot of people make us out to be. We've adapted to the Championship really well. I'd much rather have an excellent present than an above average past.

ReputationRep:
    What a great win! That's Watford, Brentford & B'burn in a row, and three 1-0 away wins in a row against teams challenging for the playoffs, makes me wonder where our defence went in November.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tickets to any of the upcoming FA Cup Replays?

I've managed to get some for the Ipswich Southampton game and I can't wait always such a good atmosphere in these kind of games.

Charlton have binned Peeters apparently.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Leapfrogged Ipswich into 2nd with a 1-0 win

And Forest lost again, which is always nice. Seems like just yesterday when they were singing "top of the league" back in August haha.
    8 points clear of 22nd and only 2 wins in 17. Tempted by them as an outside bet for relegation if this form continues to the end of the month.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Benik Afobe in talks with Wolves.
    I was hoping we (MK) might be able to keep him until the end of the season at least, and if we didn't get promoted he would go back to Arsenal / on loan to a Championship club. He can clearly play at a higher level than League One.

ReputationRep:
    Afobe certainly has/had potential although MK is the only place where his goal scoring record is any good. I think we were somewhat glad to get rid of him at Hillsborough.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I was hoping we (MK) might be able to keep him until the end of the season at least, and if we didn't get promoted he would go back to Arsenal / on loan to a Championship club. He can clearly play at a higher level than League One.
    Saw him playing for Bolton a couple of seasons ago and he definitely had talents to succeed. Just needed a bit of honing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordPhylogeny)
    Anyone got any tickets to any of the upcoming FA Cup Replays?

I've managed to get some for the Ipswich Southampton game and I can't wait always such a good atmosphere in these kind of games.
    Chesterfield vs Scunthorpe on Tuesday night. Potential for us (Chesterfield) to play away against derby in a Derbyshire derby. Came home very happy after the original tie at Scunthorpe having come from 2-0 down to equalise in the 85th minute. Pretty confident after our performances on yesterday and in the second half away at Scunny.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Shame about Peeters really. Loved his accent.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Coventry already 1.0 down against Swindon
    EDIT: make that 2.0 silly mistake by Coventry to give away a penalty

ReputationRep:
    Leeds too big for the Championship
    Coventry too big for League One
    Portsmouth too big for League Two

(and they all set to become too big for the leagues they're in next season)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    That's 3.0 now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I'd love it if Bournemouth and Brentford went up automatically, but my head says it'll be Derby and Ipswich. Still a long way to go, though.
    The real elephant in the room is if the Premier League would allow them to use Griffin Park, given their 2 terraces.

Looking at the Championship table, i'd be delighted if the teams currently in the top 6 all stayed there. Would be happy to see any combination of those teams in the Premier League next season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coventry were woeful tonight. Swindon looking good for promotion, though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Coventry seem to have absolutely nothing going forward at all, Swindon were ruthless in front of goal. There was a complete lack of atmosphere as well.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Coventry seem to have absolutely nothing going forward at all, Swindon were ruthless in front of goal. There was a complete lack of atmosphere as well.
    Yeah. Was there any point in them campaigning all those months to get back to the Ricoh? Looked like one of those games played behind closed doors in Russia after fans are slapped with a ban for being racist.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what they are doing with this Afobe medical.. Siggy is off on loan again so it must be all but done. Remarkable that if we beat Blackpool on sat we could very well be in the top 6 again.

(Original post by sr90)
    The real elephant in the room is if the Premier League would allow them to use Griffin Park, given their 2 terraces.

Looking at the Championship table, i'd be delighted if the teams currently in the top 6 all stayed there. Would be happy to see any combination of those teams in the Premier League next season.
    We've got a plan in place for converting the terraces into seating if we go up. The Premier League have been made aware of it but no one knows what their opinion on the plan is. According to one of our directors, we can make it so that GP meets Premier League regulations but our capacity will take a hit so in likelihood it'll be a financial decision based on whether groundsharing will result in bigger attendances than staying at Griffin Park, taking into consideration the amount we'd have to pay them and maintenance costs on GP. I'd much rather stay at GP for a season until Lionel Road is finished and I'm sure most fans feel that way but I'd also accept the board deciding we could do with the larger attendances we'd get in the Prem. At the moment we're selling out every home game and you've got to imagine even more people would want tickets if we went up.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.