Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Here's an idea, maybe Remy just wanted to go to the match? :dontknow:

Shock horror!!

He's also an Arsenal fan, and has been so since he was little, maybe he just wanted to go to the last home game!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Here's an idea, maybe Remy just wanted to go to the match? :dontknow:

Shock horror!!

He's also an Arsenal fan, and has been so since he was little, maybe he just wanted to go to the last home game!!
    Everyone on Twitter was getting excited. Twitter is the worst when it comes to transfer rumors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Everyone on Twitter was getting excited. Twitter is the worst when it comes to transfer rumors.
    "OMG, REMY'S BEEN SPOTTED AT THE ARSENAL GAME #20mSigning #GiroudskiOut #ArseneKnowsBest "

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Remy spotted at the WBA game, seems likely that he may transfer to you given that Arsene said he doesn't want a striker to replace Giroud.

I really can't understand this. If Arsenal buy a quality striker and DM this transfer window and stay relatively injury-free you'd have a very strong first XI. Doesn't make sense to buy a striker on Giroud's level tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats cos he aint buying him, why would wenger invite remy to a game when he's never done that for future transfer prospects before?

For me DM is more important than a WC striker by far. It isn't Girouds fault that we get thrashed by the big teams, not even suarez upfront would have stopped those beatdowns. If we had someone with steel in the midfield who would get the ball back and distribute properly, the need for a striker decreases significantly as we have pace on the counter through walcott/ox and ramsey to an extent who will get the goals when giroud doesn't.

1 of Drmic/Mandzukic to rotate with Giroud next season would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    thats cos he aint buying him, why would wenger invite remy to a game when he's never done that for future transfer prospects before?

For me DM is more important than a WC striker by far. It isn't Girouds fault that we get thrashed by the big teams, not even suarez upfront would have stopped those beatdowns. If we had someone with steel in the midfield who would get the ball back and distribute properly, the need for a striker decreases significantly as we have pace on the counter through walcott/ox and ramsey to an extent who will get the goals when giroud doesn't.

1 of Drmic/Mandzukic to rotate with Giroud next season would be fine.
    This.

I would like an extra striker though because how many times this season have we needed that goal and giroud hasn't provided it for us :/

Carlos Vela would be brill, I can't understand why we let him go in the first place =_=

We need a left winger too- everyone says Ox is capable but he's never put on the left for some reason :/

In order of priority:

CDM
    Striker
    LW

(If Sagna does go, which he probably will, we need to cover his ass ASAP)

ReputationRep:
    Vela is a no brainer really.

I'd go for this:

Drmic
    Aurier/Coleman (presuming Sagna goes, Aurier is the most likely at this point)
    Vela
    Bender

Bonus: Cesc

and a CB to replace Verm if he goes.

Even including Cesc that's only going to cost us ~70m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Vela is a no brainer really.

I'd go for this:

Drmic
    Aurier/Coleman (presuming Sagna goes, Aurier is the most likely at this point)
    Vela
    Bender

Bonus: Cesc

and a CB to replace Verm if he goes.

Even including Cesc that's only going to cost us ~70m
    C'mon Pete lol

I swear bender is tied down until 2019? I don't think the asking price will be justified by his quality.. Though id love it to happen

Khadira is injured and may well be out of favour if real win the champs league with their current squad so he's not a bad shout..

The rest I agree with, if Sagna dares to go city we should try and go for Richards

If we get Cesc JHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE it would be a pre season orgasm NO HOMO :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I swear bender is tied down until 2019? I don't think the asking price will be justified by his quality.. Though id love it to happen

Yeah, signing Bender will be difficult, no matter for what price. Leverkusen rarely ever roll over when they want to keep a player, they don't need the money (€30m kitty without sales and cheap targets) and they don't have a replacement. Bender doesn't seem to be wanting to leave, and he hasn't been performing to warrant an - comparatively- astronomical fee.

Regarding Drmic, word in the German press is that he has agreed terms with Leverkusen, BVB interested as well. The only one linking him with Arsenal is Matthäus, who got the Lewandowski deal right but whether that makes him a reliable source is debatable. Not sure on this one.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Not even a single woman of colour, or a mixed raced woman in the Arsenal WAGs. Respect to the Chelsea ones. Them man don't know what they be missing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...es-season.html

ReputationRep:
    Who is indykaila guy?

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Not even a single woman of colour, or a mixed raced woman in the Arsenal WAGs. Respect to the Chelsea ones. Them man don't know what they be missing:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...es-season.html
    Why does it matter? Tbh I'm not really fussed about the player wifes tbh. Bacary's wife though :sogood:, I should've been a footballer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Who is indykaila guy?

Why does it matter? Tbh I'm not really fussed about the player wifes tbh. Bacary's wife though :sogood:, I should've been a footballer.
    Bait gold digger LOL

If Sagna wasn't a footballer I wonder who his wife would be haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Who is indykaila guy?

Vermaelen's ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Vermaelen's ...
    Koscielny's...

no thanks jeff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    C'mon Pete lol

Khadira is injured and may well be out of favour if real win the champs league with their current squad so he's not a bad shout..

The rest I agree with, if Sagna dares to go city we should try and go for Richards

If we get Cesc JHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE it would be a pre season orgasm NO HOMO :P
    Don't see how anything I suggested was unreasonable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    "My resources in Spain have told me Cesc is coming."

:hmmm:... :rofl:
    Lol what was really funny was when he was talking about Remy, as if he was in some market place wagering him off. "Would you like like Loic Remy? Loic Remy on the right hand side would do good for us for 8 million pound *hand gesture*" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Don't see how anything I suggested was unreasonable?
    Oh no it wasn't, I was just saying that bender is tied down till 2019 so he'll be near impossible to get.. And his price tag will not justify his quality

Apart from that I agree with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Oh no it wasn't, I was just saying that bender is tied down till 2019 so he'll be near impossible to get.. And his price tag will not justify his quality

Apart from that I agree with you
    Well an equivalent to him then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Bait gold digger LOL

If Sagna wasn't a footballer I wonder who his wife would be haha
    To be fair, at least Sagna is still a young man in good physical shape. It's when you see the likes of Flavio Briatore and Roberto Cavalli with women of that age - then it just gets really weird. Money talks.

ReputationRep:
    Well an equivalent to him then.
    Khadira? I wouldn't mind him.

We should have taken gustavo when we could :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Khadira? I wouldn't mind him.

We should have taken gustavo when we could :/

He's a massive risk though his career was almost over with his leg injury

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.