Turn on thread page Beta

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Makes me wonder that if I haven't heard by now it is a rejection - let me know if they get back to you - If I don't hear by end of next week, I might just send them an email or call them up
    Yer i will, i'm not getting my hopes up either.

ReputationRep:
    Dla piper london skype interview super excited and nervous!
    Also phone interview invite from Dechert. Don't know what to expect from it!
    I have been invited to BLP Assessment dat as well but plan to phone them about a possibility of a skype interview because I'm in HK at the moment :P

ReputationRep:
    Dechert phone interview

ReputationRep:
    still waiting to hear from 5 VS apps and only sent 9....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimiechi)
    I noticed yesterday mine said 'Contacted' but also haven't heard anything... I sent my application in at the end of November so have been waiting ages!
    Oh wow that's a long wait. I submitted mine mid-Jan and can't stop checking my emails but hopefully we'll get some good news soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    still waiting to hear from 5 VS apps and only sent 9....
    Still waiting on about 12 applications - Been waiting for Macfarlanes for almost three months now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexStrike1)
    Anyone heard from Olswang, Dentons or RPC?
    Waiting for RPC post Verbal reasoning test (completed early-january). Received Dentons WG test invite today (submitted application on the 29th of Jan).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Still waiting on about 12 applications - Been waiting for Macfarlanes for almost three months now.
    It sounds like you should drop Macfarlanes an email. They recruit on a rolling basis and reject/offer open days chronologically. So the people who applied oct/nov/dec had open days in jan, and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    DLA Piper assessment centre for London summer scheme
    Congrats! When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Still heard nothing from Baker and Mckenzie (Applied Dec 1st) and Mischon de Reya (Applied early Jan)...

ReputationRep:
    Just off the phone to Mishcon! Invite to assessment day next week!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnieCA)
    Just off the phone to Mishcon! Invite to assessment day next week!!
    congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Maybe give them a call? the deadline has passed now so I shouldn't think it is a problem - I have also been waiting from some firms for over a month. Been waiting since November for Hill Dickinson (Which I'm guessing is a PFO) - not sure whether to just send them a quick email

ReputationRep:
    K & L Gates interview

ReputationRep:
    Offer from King Wood Mallesons. AC's/Interviews at Nabarro, DLA and RPC next week. Tough few days!

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks since Slaughter interview, no outcome. Upon email, HR lady says a decision is pending and to inform her if I have any other offers.

Diagnose me, doctors: upcoming rejection or marginal candidate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 262fch)
    3 weeks since Slaughter interview, no outcome. Upon email, HR lady says a decision is pending and to inform her if I have any other offers.

Diagnose me, doctors: upcoming rejection or marginal candidate?
    It can't be a certain rejection, otherwise it would be weird to ask you to inform them if you have any other offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    It can't be a certain rejection, otherwise it would be weird to ask you to inform them if you have any other offers!
    Why would they ask about other offers though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly away very quickly)
    Why would they ask about other offers though
    As much as ChoccyWoccy gives me hope, they sometimes just tell all candidates that. Just strange to hear it in response to my enquiry and not sure how to interpret it.

This process is certainly tiring, just submitted my apps to Tesco's and McDonald's last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 262fch)
    As much as ChoccyWoccy gives me hope, they sometimes just tell all candidates that. Just strange to hear it in response to my enquiry and not sure how to interpret it.

This process is certainly tiring, just submitted my apps to Tesco's and McDonald's last week.
    Thing is they had a big rejection wave recently where people who were interviewed after u got ditched

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.