Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Either someone in the Law department is precisely racist towards Greeks or something in your app wasn't up to the standard required. Apply Ockham's Razor...

I don't want to come across harshly but denial isn't wise.
    I completely agree with is and will add that I go to a Greek/IB school with a history of students getting offers from and going to study at LSE. And that includes people getting offers to study Law. And I can assure you that they all have very Greek-sounding first and last names.

I doubt the "racism" card stands in this case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirxik)
    I completely agree with is and will add that I go to a Greek/IB school with a history of students getting offers from and going to study at LSE. And that includes people getting offers to study Law. And I can assure you that they all have very Greek-sounding first and last names.

I doubt the "racism" card stands in this case...
    Basically, when in doubt, play the racism card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drcharisma)
    If I may ask you guys, how competitive is the International Relations and History program? Did anybody get in or was rejected from this?
    Have a friend who was rejected, its pretty competitive, 336 applicants for 36 spots

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    49% of my course is foreign students according to Which

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxraooz)
    2 A's plus an A* in Maths and predicted 4 A*s wbu?

btw did you get 4 week email from them yet? My friends all got email today so I'm getting nervous now
    Predicted 4a*s too! yeah I have the 4 week email, how many weeks are you into the 8 week email?

ReputationRep:
    Are all economists here looking to go into investment banking by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not even just all economists - all LSE hopefuls

ReputationRep:
    So true Lololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thestudent100)
    There's a separate thread for management and yes one or two offers from what i've read. I'm also waiting for management...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also waiting for management...I am despair now 2 weeks+8 weeks+2 weeks+4 weeks aaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    So true Lololol

I'm going into Asset Management. Hopefully I see you all at their finance societies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAlexis)

I'm going into Asset Management. Hopefully I see you all at their finance societies
    With an investment bank, or a straight AM firm like BlackRock? That's my plan too as it happens Hopefully see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrybithell196)
    I really want Bankside. It is pretty new and I'd get to walk past St Pauls and over Millennium Bridge every morning which just sounds so good. I'm not bothered about being really close to the school like some people. I get up early enough as it is now, so I don't need to worry about that. I still haven't seen acc. in the flesh. I'll get to see it on the Offer Holders' Day!

How about you?
    I just want an en-suite probably. I really don't want to share toilets haha
    And for the location if is is close enough to walk less than 30mins to get to uni then I won't mind.
    I'll probably go to the offer holder day too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thestudent100)
    There's a separate thread for management and yes one or two offers from what i've read. I'm also waiting for management...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yongshrim)
    Also waiting for management...I am despair now 2 weeks+8 weeks+2 weeks+4 weeks aaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ucas2015app)
    Has anyone got an offer for management in the past week?
    Management seem to have been quiet on this thread for the past few weeks, there's barely been any mention of management until this past couple of days really!

ReputationRep:
    I actually am interested in investment banking, but If I get in LSE, I don't know how banks would view International Relations and History. Maybe I'll transfer into Economics after my first year.

I plan on going to America or China after university (if I get into LSE of course). I am Chinese-American, but I would like to go to the UK to gain a truly international perspective, so to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAlexis)

I doubt I'll be going to LSE :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyonenobody)
    Have a friend who was rejected, its pretty competitive, 336 applicants for 36 spots

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah damn, that makes me worried. Only 36 spots?? I guess my application is a shot in the dark :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drcharisma)
    I actually am interested in investment banking, but If I get in LSE, I don't know how banks would view International Relations and History. Maybe I'll transfer into Economics after my first year.

I plan on going to America or China after university (if I get into LSE of course). I am Chinese-American, but I would like to go to the UK to gain a truly international perspective, so to say.
    Would be a total waste of time switching to Econ for the sake of IB as Econ is in no way a prerequisite for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With an investment bank, or a straight AM firm like BlackRock? That's my plan too as it happens Hopefully see you there!
    Oh great, well whichever one of them will have me! Can't be picky .Somewhere like BlackRock would be ideal but don't mind spending a few years at a BB then moving. I really hope you get in and I see you there LSE has such great societies dedicated to helping us get into the best firms. It's in London, it just works great for people who want to go into banking/am etc.

ReputationRep:
    Would be a total waste of time switching to Econ for the sake of IB as Econ is in no way a prerequisite for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is also very hard, I wouldn't advise someone to take on such a degree just for the sake of it. LSE is already quite difficult. Better a 1st in IR than a 2.2 in Econ (after years of hating it).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.