Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rkai01)
    I saw on another forum that Nottingham generally are 6A*s+ though?
    I have an offer from Nottingham with 7 A's and 4 B's at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't buy that, I have an offer from Nottingham with literally only 2 As at GCSE.

My school was extremely underperforming but I still wouldn't worry too much about it

ReputationRep:
    Nobody really cares about A* GCSE's than the top, top unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsplayray)
    Received my first offer today, unconditional from Bristol for straight econ

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you an A2 student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Even then, I got an offer for Oxford with 4.5A*, 4A and a C, AND some lower AS grades: AAAABCC..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chughes17)
    Even then, I got an offer for Oxford with 4.5A*, 4A and a C, AND some lower AS grades: AAAABCC..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    there you go, congrats on your offer mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Are you an A2 student?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah I finished my A2s last year, currently in my gap year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there you go, congrats on your offer mate
    Cheers, I'm 100% sure it was down to the interview, as there would've been so many applicants with better grades. Good Luck for Cambridge on Saturday, I saw you applied earlier in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, I'm 100% sure it was down to the interview, as there would've been so many applicants with better grades. Good Luck for Cambridge on Saturday, I saw you applied earlier in the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers dude!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow that's amazing congrats, seems like your the only one on this thread to get an oxford offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    Wow that's amazing congrats, seems like your the only one on this thread to get an oxford offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I'm buzzing, was always a bit nervous when Warwick rejected me a day before Oxford interviews but I'm so glad I got it! Now waiting on LSE, but there's no real point, I only applied to A*AA courses, so I won't have an insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kriterz)
    I have an offer from Nottingham with 7 A's and 4 B's at GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the Economics courses?Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    For the Economics courses?Well done!
    Thanks! I was surprised as well because I was sure my GCSEs weren't good enough but I guess it's only Oxbridge and LSE that focus a bit in them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I was surprised as well because I was sure my GCSEs weren't good enough but I guess it's only Oxbridge and LSE that focus a bit in them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd be surprised if I get offers for straight economics from Nottingham,Warwick and Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if I get offers for straight economics from Nottingham,Warwick and Bristol!
    A lot of people have Nottingham and Bristol offers so you probably have a good chance, and no news from Warwick is sometimes good news, what are you stats if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people have Nottingham and Bristol offers so you probably have a good chance, and no news from Warwick is sometimes good news, what are you stats if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty bad!
    GCSES:5A'S,3B'S and a D(in Spanish meh)
    AS levels:A and 3 B's.
    Predicted:A*(Economics),A(Maths) and B(Physics)

ReputationRep:
    Pretty bad!
    GCSES:5A'S,3B'S and a D(in Spanish meh)
    AS levels:A and 3 B's.
    Predicted:A*(Economics),A(Maths) and B(Physics)
    They're not bad at all! I know people with very similar grades who have offers from Bristol and Nottingham, one has ABBC at AS and has a Notts offer so I'm pretty confident you will get those.
    I don't know anyone with a Warwick offer for straight Econ apart from people on TSR but I think you have a fair shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're not bad at all! I know people with very similar grades who have offers from Bristol and Nottingham, one has ABBC at AS and has a Notts offer so I'm pretty confident you will get those.
    I don't know anyone with a Warwick offer for straight Econ apart from people on TSR but I think you have a fair shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah cheers!I feel a little bit motivated now!They are taking a lot of time!It's been a month since I sent my application!

ReputationRep:
    Okay how about Ucl for Econ with stats and lse stats with finance?
    They're the same as Econ in the first yr anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widgeet)
    I wouldn't buy that, I have an offer from Nottingham with literally only 2 As at GCSE.

My school was extremely underperforming but I still wouldn't worry too much about it
    Oh which course for? What other unis did you apply?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.