Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Are you suree itr eoildnt be a bother?
    Course not, will PM you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you suree itr eoildnt be a bother?
    Hey. Phone went dead, but if you want to call again I'm not at all busy. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)

Can you do some therapy alongside work/stuff? :dontknow: I know your last job (I think?) wasn't that supportive - but that doesn't mean other jobs won't be?
    Best of luck for tomorrow - as Panda says you don't know what this job'll be like - you could really enjoy it/like it there
    :hugs:

(Original post by PandaWho)
    do you think you want to scare them away because YOUR scared of what might happen?i th
    ink you should go to the interview, do your best, and take it from there.
    yes you might get rejected, but you might also get the job and it might be the best thing you do.

dont cut the nose of to spite your face. its not worth it, trust me, done that many a time!
    I kind of had bad anxiety during the interview and I didn't like what I heard from them about the job, so I decided to say no to them towards the end of the interview. This company was way too small with no training and development and no scope for progression. Sounded like my old job in scotland all over again!

I got an email from my previous employer at a london council (job before geophysicist) and I told him about my health issues and offered to come back if I could work part time so I could attend my therapy appointments and stuff. If he agrees i'll return to that job until I find something perm. Salary was good there at least! (£20 ph full time!)

Also I was having such a bad day today I went to eat at my favourite vegan place for lunch. I left the guy a generous tip and he was so happy. Making people happy makes me happy - just need to find a job where I can constantly make other people happy

ReputationRep:
    Had my counselling appointment even he could tell that there was a weight off me and he seemed really proud when I told him I'd come clean to my parents and broke contact with my 'friend'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Had my counselling appointment even he could tell that there was a weight off me and he seemed really proud when I told him I'd come clean to my parents and broke contact with my 'friend'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    That's great!
    Thanks I'm not sure if it's because I've been without meds for the last few days (going into town to get my prescription now) but I feel really light and airy and carefree today :dontknow:

need to get my little sister a birthday present while I'm there, not sure what to get her, she's gonna be 10 so I'm not sure whether to get her something kid related or if she's at the stage where she's trying to be 'grown up'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    having another sexuality based crisis. as if that's ****ing important when survival doesn't look likely atm. who cares. its like my brain is being drip fed all this **** which isn't important

ReputationRep:
    long, long day.

didn't sleep cause of being anxious about my interview, nearly had a panic attack when I got there, then I was the only one who had a laptop for the assesment cause of my learning difficulties, think I did okay with that though as questions for it were easy enough. interview part was okayish, though when they gave me the timetable after it's more than the 16 hours I can do up to on my ESA :erm: there were a LOT more people doing the course than I thought as well which has put me off a bit, it's also a lot more varied than I thought (lots of different subjects at once which I don't like and it's all different teachers which I don't like either ) plus I am not sure about the money side of things as they seemed to be saying I can't get as much help cause I have already done a level 3 course. then after the interview I had to wait over an hour to be picked up cause it over-ran so my mum had to drop my cousin home, couldn't even get food/drink either as their cafe was closed. just all in all not what I planned/hoped the day would be at all, not sure what to do/think now, gonna call or email the college about the hours but even if I can do it I am really not sure I would do well given the way the course is structured is so different to when I last did an access course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    long, long day.

didn't sleep cause of being anxious about my interview, nearly had a panic attack when I got there, then I was the only one who had a laptop for the assesment cause of my learning difficulties, think I did okay with that though as questions for it were easy enough. interview part was okayish, though when they gave me the timetable after it's more than the 16 hours I can do up to on my ESA :erm: there were a LOT more people doing the course than I thought as well which has put me off a bit, it's also a lot more varied than I thought (lots of different subjects at once which I don't like and it's all different teachers which I don't like either ) plus I am not sure about the money side of things as they seemed to be saying I can't get as much help cause I have already done a level 3 course. then after the interview I had to wait over an hour to be picked up cause it over-ran so my mum had to drop my cousin home, couldn't even get food/drink either as their cafe was closed. just all in all not what I planned/hoped the day would be at all, not sure what to do/think now, gonna call or email the college about the hours but even if I can do it I am really not sure I would do well given the way the course is structured is so different to when I last did an access course.
    :console: want to chat? xx

ReputationRep:
    I really haven't the foggiest what the future holds. When I get down to it I astound myself with how much information I can absorb but I tend to leave it too late and that could have lifechanging effects. The only thing I want right now in terms of long term benefits is getting a degree. And that scares the **** out of me.

ReputationRep:
    blaugh sugar levels dropping...don't like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellokittymad)
    :console: want to chat? xx
    thanks, I dunno, just need to chill for now I think, need to calm down and collect my thoughts really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    How'd the exam go?
    I did not know all, but calculations went well, so I hopefully passed. But on thursday I have an exam (which I can fail) and for that time lacks now, but as tuesday the other LAST resit, so I was allways torn to learn more for the others. But the questions yesterday were really detailed, so I really did right to worry and spending so much time, just to know maybe half of it.

My beiggest problem: All I want is to sleep...not revising, to much concentration needed...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    I don't think so, I highly doubt he'd ever even heard of Xfactor! He was too into his praying and all that but I daren't look at my mom because I know that we'd both have burst out laughing and I just had to try and think of something sad because it was hilarious :lol:
    At least it probably cheered you up a bit, even if it could have been a bit awkward! :lol: My surgeon was called Mr Skinner, which has to be the best name ever for someone in that profession

So so paranoid at college and on the bus and they all know and they're all laughing at me and I cant take it and I keep bursting into tears and I need someone to make it stop. :cry2:
    They won't laugh at you, I promise :hugs: They might all be sat messing about in their own little groups (and probably will be on the bus) but if anything they might not even notice you, they shouldn't laugh at you though :no: If they do, they're just horrible and it's definitelynot your fault still!

Edit: Read throuhg the rest of the thread/posts, hopefully Wolfie managed to help a bit more constructively

ReputationRep:
    I passed the second job exam. However I got a pretty sucky grade, which placed me nearly 300th in the hiring line so I'm either gonna have to do the test again or look for employment elsewhere. I'm sure a combination of hearing voices and taking antipsychotics has robbed me of my intelligence and ability to do well.

I'm going to the doctor's in a bit but I got the wrong bus so I'm at the second bus stop over an hour early. I can't even manage to do that well. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Flatmate has friends coming over before they go out tonight and I'm fighting the urge to go hide in my room :/ one girl is already here and she's so loud and extroverted it's making me nervous. Also she asked how much I weigh which is awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Flatmate has friends coming over before they go out tonight and I'm fighting the urge to go hide in my room :/ one girl is already here and she's so loud and extroverted it's making me nervous. Also she asked how much I weigh which is awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *offers cuddles*

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wtf? how is it any of her business what you weigh? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellokittymad)
    *offers cuddles*

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    Wtf? how is it any of her business what you weigh? :lolwut:
    Well we were talking about bellybutton piercings and I said I didn't want to get mine redone till I'd lost a bit of weight. But I didn't expect her to ask what I weighed

ReputationRep:
    worst day in a long time. emotional pain is agonising, almost visceral. feels like its clutching onto me and suffocating me and wont let go. mind is in overdrive. ****ing hell. how do people survive this

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.