Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember the date they plan to release the yearly breakdown of UKCAT results? Something like the 8th of October sounds familiar...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prospectmedic)
    Can anyone remember the date they plan to release the yearly breakdown of UKCAT results? Something like the 8th of October sounds familiar...
    9th I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    Last years cut off was 712.5
    Where did they say this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clunkles)
    Where did they say this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Google barts graduate medicine admission data, top link is an faq which has a pdf of the 2015 admission data

ReputationRep:
    Its borderline, 700 was the cut off last year, unless you have postgrad, VR will probably be ok but not guaranteed, 570 cut off last year.
    hey do you know how they score the msc?? I have an Msc but do u know what sort of weightng, and where it says they favour post gard qualifications? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk88)
    hey do you know how they score the msc?? I have an Msc but do u know what sort of weightng, and where it says they favour post gard qualifications? thanks
    I dont know how how they weight it, but it says on the warwick site within the entry requirements 'During the selection process, you will be awarded points for your highest achieved academic qualification'

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, I'm having problems with which uni i should apply to for medicine, have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keel and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 units should i apply to? thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malcolmDR)
    hey guys, I'm having problems with which uni i should apply to for medicine, have 5A*AC at gcse, 2A3B at As (B in bio and them, A in math) and 650 UKCAT with stj 4.. Good work experience and personal statement. Im thinking of applying to keel and sheffield, is that a good idea? what other 2 units should i apply to? thanks guys
    Are you a grad?

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my As, doing A2, therefore applying this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malcolmDR)
    Just finished my As, doing A2, therefore applying this year
    Sorry you're in the wrong thread, this is the graduate entry (4 year course) forum. There is a standard medicine thread in the main forum that can advise you better than us.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Warwick use a scoring system for selection based on UKCAT and highest level of study therefore they may invite someone fot interview with a lower UKCAT if they have a phd or ma

Wow!! I never knew that. Does that mean you'll be disadvantaged with only an undergrad degree??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentleuk)
    Wow!! I never knew that. Does that mean you'll be disadvantaged with only an undergrad degree??
    Essentially yes, but the previous years cut offs are given for undergrad degrees, and it seems you need 700 minimum, 750 to be safe ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Hey, your AR score is quite nice! What resources did you use and how did you approach the questions, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww thanks, I used the website & a test from UKcatprep, I also just found some free resources scattered around the Internet. Tsr has a thread with extra tests used for interviews, so I just used some of those. The AR felt hard in the test tho, so I guess I surprised myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gentleuk)
    Hi Mz,
    is this your first attempt? I am a mental health nurse with a first class and hoping to apply next year. From your scores; you've got potential. If you can't get in this year; please don't give up
    Aww thanks, that's lovely to hear, I took the ukcat prior to starting nursing because I really wanted to try, I got good scores too but backed out because of nerves and studied nursing. A couple years later I took it prior to qualifying but my university were not very supportive and decided to give a reference based on the course rather than my academic performance, so that didn't go to well with the universities I had applied to. This is my third attempt taking the test but my second time actually applying to Medicine. I feel awful about my scores. I'm 23 next month (Godwilling) and feel like it's never going to happen *shy face* Congratz on your degree classification. My aunty is a MH nurse, it's hard work! You should be so proud! Goodluck with your application next year too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mzchocolate)
    Aww thanks, that's lovely to hear, I took the ukcat prior to starting nursing because I really wanted to try, I got good scores too but backed out because of nerves and studied nursing. A couple years later I took it prior to qualifying but my university were not very supportive and decided to give a reference based on the course rather than my academic performance, so that didn't go to well with the universities I had applied to. This is my third attempt taking the test but my second time actually applying to Medicine. I feel awful about my scores. I'm 23 next month (Godwilling) and feel like it's never going to happen *shy face* Congratz on your degree classification. My aunty is a MH nurse, it's hard work! You should be so proud! Goodluck with your application next year too!!
    That's really unfair, universities are supposed to provide you with references appropriate to your academic ability, personal feelings about students doing different courses shouldn't even come to it. Who will give you a reference if you academic tutor won't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Hey, your AR score is quite nice! What resources did you use and how did you approach the questions, if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi! what resources u choose to study im going my Ukcat on Monday. Please help me which website is good to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Im also studying from ukcat prep website its very useful i hope will get good grades

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanks, I used the website & a test from UKcatprep, I also just found some free resources scattered around the Internet. Tsr has a thread with extra tests used for interviews, so I just used some of those. The AR felt hard in the test tho, so I guess I surprised myself.
    Ukcatprep? That's Emedica right? You did all the 12 tests? I'm sorry to bug you with so many questions but you scored so well. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 next month (Godwilling) and feel like it's never going to happen *shy face*
    Shhh, I'm 28!

ReputationRep:
    But on a more serious note, I asked my personal tutor for a reference and she said she would but she wouldnt know what to write. So Im a little concerned about this :s who is writing your reference this time?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.