Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is worth it if your uni place is depending on it and for your own peace of mind. Then you won't regret it thinking what if it did go up?

ReputationRep:
    have marks ever gone up by 14 or 15 marks at least?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Makashima)
    really???
    wouldnt it be better to remark 2 papers.
    money is not the problem

I have 470 but an A is 480 points
    I would remark both papers. Very likely to go up especially in BIO5 due to its ery subjective nature

ReputationRep:
    I did bad in these exams despite working hard since september

ReputationRep:
    I'm 2 UMS off an A, what are the chances of it going up if I get a remark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps1265A)
    I would remark both papers. Very likely to go up especially in BIO5 due to its ery subjective nature
    Well tbh I didn't prepare much for bio 5 thus not confident. I'm worried my essay get marked low because the essay I wrote in the exam is actually my second try so I didn't no do essay preparation.

Anyways I'm also worried by the time I got my remarks ...all the places are gone !

Regardless that I've submitted both of my papers. Worth a gamble.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medistudent20)
    I'm 2 UMS off an A, what are the chances of it going up if I get a remark?
    Remark the exam you are confident in !!! I rather be 2 ums off than 10 ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remark the exam you are confident in !!! I rather be 2 ums off than 10 ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm getting both papers remarked, fingers crossed it goes up. Good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hairat)
    have marks ever gone up by 14 or 15 marks at least?
    I know someone who's unit 2 exam went up 10 UMS last year, but I don't know how many marks that was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting both papers remarked, fingers crossed it goes up. Good luck to you too.
    Thanks! Goodluck to you! Btw did you do priority marking, did your college tell you how long does it takes to get the paper out cos Im in clearing rn and spaces are filling up!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Goodluck to you! Btw did you do priority marking, did your college tell you how long does it takes to get the paper out cos Im in clearing rn and spaces are filling up!
    Yeah my college sent them off for priority remarking. They didn't tell me how long it would take, but I'm guessing it would be around a week?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my college sent them off for priority remarking. They didn't tell me how long it would take, but I'm guessing it would be around a week?
    So are you in clearing or anything, or holding any offer
    What are you thinking to apply

I went through clearing, confirmed with Manchester Univeristy for Business and Management with Chinese but I realise I want to continue my sciencey side! So I gotta ring up and ask them to release me.

ReputationRep:
    So are you in clearing or anything, or holding any offer
    What are you thinking to apply

I went through clearing, confirmed with Manchester Univeristy for Business and Management with Chinese but I realise I want to continue my sciencey side! So I gotta ring up and ask them to release me.
    I have an offer to study medicine but I missed out on my offer by 2 grades. 2 UMS off in biology and 6 UMS off in chemistry. Getting all the papers remarked but the chances of them going up seem really slim. I'm devestated tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to study medicine but I missed out on my offer by 2 grades. 2 UMS off in biology and 6 UMS off in chemistry. Getting all the papers remarked but the chances of them going up seem really slim. I'm devestated tbh.
    Wow medicine! DAMN!
    So do you have any back up plans ie what other courses you are considering?

ReputationRep:
    Achieved full UMS in both unit 4 and 5 - cannot believe that to be honest! Very very happy

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh I didn't prepare much for bio 5 thus not confident. I'm worried my essay get marked low because the essay I wrote in the exam is actually my second try so I didn't no do essay preparation.

Anyways I'm also worried by the time I got my remarks ...all the places are gone !

Regardless that I've submitted both of my papers. Worth a gamble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmmm... Have you got a university place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps1265A)
    Hmmm... Have you got a university place?
    I got a space through clearing, Business and Management + Modern Language
    COMPLETELY different. oh lord save me pls.

but when my remarks back, if there still places...ill ring up and ask and maybe change it? ? ? idk

ReputationRep:
    I got a space through clearing, Business and Management + Modern Language
    COMPLETELY different. oh lord save me pls.

but when my remarks back, if there still places...ill ring up and ask and maybe change it? ? ? idk
    Please just remark. There is nothing to lose apart from maybe money!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm remarking my Units 4 and 5, I feel like something went wrong with the marking? As if they completely missed out the essay in unit 5 or something I did much worse than expected as in I've never gotten such low marks before in these papers so I feel like something is up considering I thought the papers went quite well...

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how I managed to get 106 which was a B in this...I got an A overall in Biology but this exam although it didnt go perfectly....I would have edged bets on having done reasonable on it at least an A

94/100 - BIOL4
    BIO6X - 46/60

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 27, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.