Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MChab)
    Has anyone heard from the Vice-Chancellor's Award? They told me they will begin to send letters this week, but I have not heard anything from them so far... Also, my department told me I have been shortlisted among the 250 students referred to on this page:
    https://www.cambridgetrust.org/schol...-scholarships/ supposedly the highest ranked students. But do you know if all of these 250 students indeed receive some funding as the webpage suggests or if it is not always the case..?
    Home/EU despondent first time poster/long time stalker here who is anxiously waiting for funding news. Thought I was in with a chance as applied beginning November, got offer in 8 days of submitting final reference, and first choice college 5 days after that. Have heard nothing so far but see four people in my subject area have been given full CHESS/VC scholarships already... this does not look like good news to me. Thinking ahead here - has anyone deferred and got funding the second time round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phantompower)
    Thanks for sharing. Did you receive any email notification about not being invited for interview before you called her?
    I received the email that I wouldn't be interviewed for Gates just this past Friday. But I called her on February 29th and she told me I wasn't going further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matsuaoi)
    Me too. Is there anyone else?
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I've applied for the same course but heard nothing from them. Do you mind telling me when you applied for it and how long did you wait for it? Thank you.

(Original post by cambridgewh)
    When did your status change?

If it helps, I just received a conditional offer for MPhil Management. Was in BoGS since last Thursday. I think they're taking slightly longer because now is the peak season. And yeah you should be fine if you didn't fake your documents, congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silvia.)
    Hi. I've applied for the same course but heard nothing from them. Do you mind telling me when you applied for it and how long did you wait for it? Thank you.
    Hi! I applied in mid-October with both references in by the end of the month. Took me about 3 months to hear back from the department. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbypin)
    I received the email that I wouldn't be interviewed for Gates just this past Friday. But I called her on February 29th and she told me I wasn't going further.
    Me too. I called the Gates office on 29th February but didn't receive the official email until this Friday.

ReputationRep:
    I applied in mid-December - already 3 months! Sad.

(Original post by cambridgewh)
    Hi! I applied in mid-October with both references in by the end of the month. Took me about 3 months to hear back from the department. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    It is still not the worst. I know someone who kept waiting until 31 July or 1 August before received his rejection!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silvia.)
    I applied in mid-December - already 3 months! Sad.
    Me too..... I'm still AWAITING considering by department

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PanditScholar)
    Not necessarily the case. I received an offer without a formal interview for my Phd in History, and received an offer of a place at my first choice college soon after. I applied for an AHRC studentship, but I haven't heard back since, not even for an interview, so I assume my application for that has been unsuccessful unfortunately. I did read somewhere in one of the Cambridge documents on the web that all AHRC doctoral applicants are nominated for other awards. Thus at the end of the day, I wouldn't the college rejections as any indications of you being rejected for funding.
    Hello PanditScholar

Thank you for your message, and congratulations on your offer. I guess there is simply no way for applicants to try and work out the Faculty and Funding decisions before confirmation is received. I notice from this thread that no-one has yet confirmed receipt of any UK/EU funding from the AHRC / VC / Trust, so there is still hope for us yet! Best of luck.

JD

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Could you tell me if an interview is a requirement for every scholarship, or some of them are just allocated based on your initial application?

ReputationRep:
    I got into Darwin College. Anyone else? Does anyone know much about it?
    Good luck to everyone still awaiting offers/funding. I feel your pain because I also hated the waiting game. I will keep my fingers crossed for you all!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess it's because my application is not strong enough - do they even reject anyone??? OR either waiting or getting an offer??

(Original post by aware1)
    Wow that is pretty sad, I heard back within a month and got my offer a few weeks later. So it much be due to the number of applicants and strength of the application. Since they'll only give out more offers when they hear back from those given.

ReputationRep:
    You applied in December as well? Which programme?

(Original post by Lisalikesfood)
    Me too..... I'm still AWAITING considering by department

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting too, but I applied in Jan

ReputationRep:
    The Vice Chancellor Awards are out for PhD students, check the Cambridge Trust website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohwello)
    The Vice Chancellor Awards are out for PhD students, check the Cambridge Trust website.
    Surely that can't be all of them? It says that they award 250 but currently only 30 have been awarded? If you type in vice into the search box only 30 search results come up.

If you type in trust there are only 8 results for the Cambridge Trust and if you type international then there about 6 pages so I don't think people waiting on Home Cambridge Trust or VC should worry just yet?

Hang in there everyone, hope you all get good news soon!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Adv Diploma in Economics!

ReputationRep:
    Just got offered a full AHRC scholarship for the MPhil in Linguistics! Absolutely ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viditdd)
    Offer for Adv Diploma in Economics!
    congrats! I am waiting for the same course.. mind sharing your profile?

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.