Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Technically reporting that a French economist is saying that leaving the EU will boost Eurozone GDP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Technically reporting that a French economist is saying that leaving the EU will boost Eurozone GDP.
    But the FT reported it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    But the FT reported it
    Yes, but your post implies that the FT are stating themselves that leaving the EU would boost Eurozone GDP, when they're actually reporting the opinion of someone else.

ReputationRep:
    But the FT reported it
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Yes, but your post implies that the FT are stating themselves that leaving the EU would boost Eurozone GDP, when they're actually reporting the opinion of someone else.
    Also, see:

https://next.ft.com/content/1a86ab36...5-1a1d298b6250

and especially: https://next.ft.com/content/7d7446c6...0-c3a047354386

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly.

The FT is reporting that a French economist has suggested that the UK leaving the EU could lead to a boost in Eurozone GDP. Those are some important nuances.

I must say I'm surprised to see a Eurosceptic like you promoting an article which favours the remain campaign. Have you had a change of heart?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    He is also evil.
    They are both rather evil - I agree. I still quite like the quote though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by tengentoppa)

I must say I'm surprised to see a Eurosceptic like you promoting an article which favours the remain campaign. Have you had a change of heart?
    Not at all just an interesting article i found from the FT .... promoting positive economic growth for the euro zone if we left meaning Europe would have a stronger economy if the UK left
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Chris Giles' analysis of the various economic publications that come out is truly quite excellent. Clear, concise and logical. For example, these are his thoughts on the Economists for Brexit report: https://next.ft.com/content/9394016c...f-0beb7e589515
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    China and Peru have access to free trade, but not the single market. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36083664

Thus, they have to meet EU regulation to trade with it anyway. Unless we had a deal whereby Britain and the EU had the same regulation and standards on goods and services that are traded, then we would still be having regulation forced upon us. Businesses trading from the UK to the EU would also have to fit two sets of regulation without such a deal, ours and theres, thus increasing red tape.

I'm undecided on the EU but it's ironic to talk about scare mongering whilst presenting slightly misleading sources.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It would be misleading to suggest that only the In campaign have been scaremongering. The Out campaign does much of the same thing in other areas (immigration for example). Both sides are guilty of exaggerating things to generate fear.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Which quote is that?
    Well, there is only 1, and I'll take your further responses as a no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well, there is only 1, and I'll take your further responses as a no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jammy, you seem to take my responses however you want them anyway, so I won't argue.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Jammy, you seem to take my responses however you want them anyway, so I won't argue.
    You openly said that you don't understand what he meant, if you did it wouldn't be in your sig

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys apparently I'm a right Wing libertarian............. But at the same time im authoritarian ? How the **** does that work ?
    Your not a libertarian. Your basically like RL Ukip.

(Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Not at all, many people in the Country are unsure on which way they plan to vote as of yet, and it would only make sense some of those people are on TSR, I am myself one of those people who voted for Don't Know Yet, purely as I feel both campaigns have been childish, untrue, petty and right wing focused, with immigration taking a higher stance in the debate than any other subject, such as worker's rights, TTIP, democracy, or lack of, in certain elements of the EU, and what we if we stayed could try to do about that and so on.

I think ideally I would vote to leave, but I have major doubts about leaving at the present time. Additionally I don't want to be seen as associated with UKIP, the Conservative Brexiters or Kate Hoey from Labour in voting for brexit, I don't support their stance or a lot of their reasons for leaving. On the other hand I don't want to be seen to be associated with David Cameron's reforms, or the Conservative remainers, and it is they who have dominated the remain argument so far.
    So vote to leave but exercise your right to a secret ballot. Alternatively simply provide lefty context when you say how you voted.

(Original post by Whiggy)
    They haven't told me I'll be a suspect, I just presume I will be... in their eyes, I do have a motive! They just notified me that he went missing, as I'm currently his next of kin.

I have a niggling suspicion that this new guy is holding him hostage. Trust me. I've always had a bad feeling about him.
    Take Yoda's advise.. 'Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose". You'll handle your divorce far better that way than concerning yourself with whether he's missing or not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You openly said that you don't understand what he meant, if you did it wouldn't be in your sig

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Of course I understand what he's saying, otherwise I wouldn't have added it to the sig.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Of course I understand what he's saying, otherwise I wouldn't have added it to the sig.
    So what's he saying, you might need to defect

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So what's he saying, you might need to defect

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just be quiet and stop moaning for once.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oh my god ...... Why the f*** an I watching made in Chelsea .......
    And what's with the accents ? Kinda see some resemblance

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.