Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Stop making everyone worry...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    founsdation pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mete5454)
    founsdation pls
    Ahh sweet mate - cheers, that really helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meegan543210)
    What do you guys think the calculator paper is going to be like? Lol I think it's going to be wayyy more hard than this paper
    Yeah my exams officer showed me the Paper 2 because they just got delivered by Edexcel yesterday, it is way harder than the first paper - it actually has some questions which made me think a lot (an A level Maths/FM/Physics student). It's definitely a beast of a paper. I think you should be worried.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hopefully I haven't raised your heart-rate too much - because I of course am joking :P

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my exams officer showed me the Paper 2 because they just got delivered by Edexcel yesterday, it is way harder than the first paper - it actually has some questions which made me think a lot (an A level Maths/FM/Physics student). It's definitely a beast of a paper. I think you should be worried.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hopefully I haven't raised your heart-rate too much - because I of course am joking :P

Best of luck.
    Of course that would be a joke, overall i think the papers will be mainly make of grade A,B and C which there will be much harder and it will contain Sin,Cah and TOA etc....

ReputationRep:
    Being hard on myself, only giving myself some marks for working when I may get more, I have counted 23 hopefully I can gain atleast 5 more then that when its marked and I get a c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryanggggggg)
    Being hard on myself, only giving myself some marks for working when I may get more, I have counted 23 hopefully I can gain atleast 5 more then that when its marked and I get a c
    Don't worry too much about it now as there's nothing you can really do, just focus on acing the calculator paper

ReputationRep:
    23 marks? This is GCSE maths man...

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping to get C we will need 70 marks if it's higher I will. Hardly get C because maths is a lot harder and calculator paper is always my favourite so let's see what will happen this year.

ReputationRep:
    For the that tree diagram tennis question i put at the rains slot
    Matched is cancelled 0.7
    Match is not cancelled 0.3

0.8 where it says does not rain and by accident 0.5 at match is cancelled.
    Do i still get 2/3 for getting the other slots right?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the calculator paper is going to be like? Lol I think it's going to be wayyy more hard than this paper
    There were no cumulative frequency, histogram, stem and leaf, scatter, etc. questions in paper 1 so I believe (and hope) paper 2 will have an unusual amount of statistics questions.

ReputationRep:
    Also do you get marks for working out even if the answer is wrong, but the working out was the correct way?
    I 100% think i got 32 marks on this non calc paper, i'm aiming for a grade C.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got around 80 on the non-calculator paper, possibly up to about 83 give or take. Last year, it was 155/200 for an A*, which would mean I would have needed about 75 in the calculator. I am usually an a* student in maths, and I found the non-calculator rather tricky, so I know I will do better in the next exam for sure!!

However, just incase it all goes wrong, what do you think an a* is going to be out of 200 to put my mind at rest?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucygr8y)
    I think I got around 80 on the non-calculator paper, possibly up to about 83 give or take. Last year, it was 155/200 for an A*, which would mean I would have needed about 75 in the calculator. I am usually an a* student in maths, and I found the non-calculator rather tricky, so I know I will do better in the next exam for sure!!

However, just incase it all goes wrong, what do you think an a* is going to be out of 200 to put my mind at rest?!!
    well I'm in the same situation as you- I got 183/200 in my mock and to get that overall I'm going to need 103 on paper 2 (impossible!). I think for that reason, they'll be quite low- 162ish maybe so find 1 extra mark on the calc and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    well I'm in the same situation as you- I got 183/200 in my mock and to get that overall I'm going to need 103 on paper 2 (impossible!). I think for that reason, they'll be quite low- 162ish maybe so find 1 extra mark on the calc and you'll be fine
    I made so many stupid mistakes in the non-calc, so if I hadn't of made these stupid adding errors, I would probably get about 87. I want to get around 90 in order to maybe get an A*!
    Were the grade boundaries low last year then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was 155 to get an a* but compared to our paper that paper last year was just something else so I don't think this years grade boundaries will be that low

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was 155 to get an a* but compared to our paper that paper last year was just something else so I don't think this years grade boundaries will be that low
    Definitely not that low unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucygr8y)

My teacher and other people think grade boundaries are gonna be at about 167-170/200 this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    My teacher and other people think grade boundaries are gonna be at about 167-170/200 this year.
    My friend (who did his Maths GCSE is Year 9 and got an A*) says that perpendicular and parallel lines might come up. Coordinate geometry, histograms, cumulative frequency and also bearings. Just all ideas but revise everything. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    no depends what the cal paper is like if it hard the boundaries will drop

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.