Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    yeh and what makes it worse is that I had to carry on the subject I got a B in as further maths was self taught and I NEED AAA for uni so i fear ill get a B overall in that same subject and so it'll screw me over 2 years running ffs. it just seems too perfect if i were to have moved up a grade from AS to A2 as it seems people always get the same grade or worse

I retook the AS exam but it was an absolute disaster in all respects so I'm not expecting to have gained any more ums than last year like maybe 1-3 at best but even that is optimistic meaning unless i got like 6 marks over an A in the A2 paper then bye bye uni
    I completely feel you , I had to carry the subject I got a B in as well , as chemistry is the no1 subject needed for medicine , and after those awful chemistry exams this year thanks to aqa I feel I will get a B overall .. but dont worry u never know , you could move up a grade . Ive seen people move from C's to A's ( but they resat exams from AS to pull that up ) but I was only 2 ums off an A last year in chemistry so my teacher adviced not to resit anything . It hurts as it was only 2 ums that equals one raw mark on one paper on the day of which I was ill :/

ReputationRep:
    Last year I got a U in my biology coursework (8 out of 50 odd marks) so just have a laugh at that if you ever feel down...I certainly did last year! so glad I dropped it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    Yeah I'm aware Kent is nowhere near as good! But of the 5 courses I applied to the only 3 I actually really liked were Kent, UCL and Durham.. and of course UCL and Durham both wanted AAA so it was between those two for firm, and Kent was insurance by default

C4 went better than C3 for me as well tbh, although that seems to be a common experience so I'd guess the C4 boundaries will be high (edexcel)

Ah right, I hope you get in then! If you don't you could always take a gap year and reapply, if there's nothing you like in clearing?
    yep that is what I'm going to do cause i look at unis at clearing and nothing really interests me like the only place i could go is york but the course itself in terms of modules looks awful like tonnes of physics and even though the uni is great i can't pick the uni if the course is totally not what i want... i will have to take a gap year and tbh i am considering changing subjects cause i want to go into teaching so it doesnt matter that much like i just need a degree at the end of the day so idk really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Last year I got a U in my biology coursework (8 out of 50 odd marks) so just have a laugh at that if you ever feel down...I certainly did last year! so glad I dropped it
    hahah biology is such a joke of an A-level i got a U in the Jan mocks and dropped it and i know of at least 5 people who got an E in AS last year lmao

ReputationRep:
    hahah biology is such a joke of an A-level i got a U in the Jan mocks and dropped it and i know of at least 5 people who got an E in AS last year lmao
    I got a C overall so not bad

ReputationRep:
    I got a C overall so not bad
    aye well done
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    yep that is what I'm going to do cause i look at unis at clearing and nothing really interests me like the only place i could go is york but the course itself in terms of modules looks awful like tonnes of physics and even though the uni is great i can't pick the uni if the course is totally not what i want... i will have to take a gap year and tbh i am considering changing subjects cause i want to go into teaching so it doesnt matter that much like i just need a degree at the end of the day so idk really
    Out of interest where are you looking at the York modules, having just looked (what you kept saying intreuged me) I can only see 1 physics module in the first year at York and that's it as opposed to at least 2 in Nottingham's

ReputationRep:
    My schools AS coursework got moderated down so I ended up with a C on that, but for everyone that continued to A2 we got a chance to resubmit (essentially in the hopes we'd get a different moderator) so I don't actually know exactly what I got now

But yeah quite a few people got low bio grades last year - the two friends I had doing bio got an E and a U, and I was the only one of the three of us who continued with it

ah right, yeah I wouldn't go to the uni unless I liked the course tbh no matter how much the uni appealed to me. What other course would you do, do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    My schools AS coursework got moderated down so I ended up with a C on that, but for everyone that continued to A2 we got a chance to resubmit (essentially in the hopes we'd get a different moderator) so I don't actually know exactly what I got now

But yeah quite a few people got low bio grades last year - the two friends I had doing bio got an E and a U, and I was the only one of the three of us who continued with it

ah right, yeah I wouldn't go to the uni unless I liked the course tbh no matter how much the uni appealed to me. What other course would you do, do you know?
    psychology or joint honours like psychology with maths but hardly anywhere offers this... so probably just psychology on its own. it was my best subject at A-level and its obviously really interesting so i feel like it would be quite non stressful and fun and i would be able to get a decent grade without trying that hard like compared to other subjects at least IMO

ReputationRep:
    my insurance wants A*AB and my firm wants AAA so it is kinda higher given my insurance wants an A* lmao but someone in my year put their firm as AAB as their insurance as AAA so you're not the only one and oh so you put notts as your firm as well ? what halls do you have cause i have sherwood as my offer and i really can't wait to hopefully move in
    I'm in Raleigh Park because my lectures are at Jubilee. You in the notts whatsapp group chat?

EDIT: Just realised you do 2/3 of my subjects

ReputationRep:
    psychology or joint honours like psychology with maths but hardly anywhere offers this... so probably just psychology on its own. it was my best subject at A-level and its obviously really interesting so i feel like it would be quite non stressful and fun and i would be able to get a decent grade without trying that hard like compared to other subjects at least IMO
    Psychology does look interesting yeah, I think it was actually my backup A level in case the blocks didn't work out so I could take the four I wanted. But tbh I wouldn't expect any degree to be easy really, although I do get what you mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retardis)
    I'm in Raleigh Park because my lectures are at Jubilee. You in the notts whatsapp group chat?
    oooh nope im not ! please tell me the details for it in the DM'S ... i didn't know there even was one haha !! and oh right yeh makes sense and you'll save money too !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    Psychology does look interesting yeah, I think it was actually my backup A level in case the blocks didn't work out so I could take the four I wanted. But tbh I wouldn't expect any degree to be easy really, although I do get what you mean
    my current choice is maths but i know that will be very demanding so psychology seems easy when i look at it that way and tbh if maths is too hard i will deffo consider swapping lol... i need to sort my life out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elastichedgehog)
    I don't suppose anyone else here is on the WJEC spec ^.^
    I did psychology on wjec

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gonna get my all nighter practice tonight watching the open ceremony in preparation for results day eve

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't want to burst your bubble but psychology at degree level is not easy - not as straightforward as A level!
    my current choice is maths but i know that will be very demanding so psychology seems easy when i look at it that way and tbh if maths is too hard i will deffo consider swapping lol... i need to sort my life out lol

ReputationRep:
    Just asked my firm to release me in the hopes that then all I'll have to do on Results Day is phone Bournemouth 🙄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Don't want to burst your bubble but psychology at degree level is not easy - not as straightforward as A level!
    Are you doing a psychology degree? I'm super excited at the idea of studying psych at a higher level 😆.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sort of lol. I have just finished 2nd year of a joint honours degree with psychology being one of the subjects - this year has predominantly been psychology based (3 out of 4 of the modules).
    (Original post by Elle_w)
    Are you doing a psychology degree? I'm super excited at the idea of studying psych at a higher level 😆.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    but compared to maths i feel it would be a lot easier !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.