Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikilliloot)
    What do you think the grade boundary for a grade C would be?
    I predict i got 31-33 on non calculator and 39-40ish on calculator

Also on the non calc question 3a would it count as a mark if i put that 'often' was repeated two times in the question and that there was no time frame. (weekly, monthly)

C will be around 65 (60-65 maybe) I think, you should get a C if you got above 70 (if you added the marks right)

I'm not sure if you will get a mark for that questionnaire answer you put!

Maybe if the examiner is lenient, but it could very likely also not get you a mark :/

Best of luck though

- you'll get a mark for 'no time frame' though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBdaviesMaths)
    The foundation paper looks a lot more like a higher paper!
    Grade boundarie on C, how many marks you think you need to get a C? Iused the unofficial markscheme and gave harsh marks and got over 70 marks in total.

Also on question 3a would it count if i put that 'often' was repeated two times in question and answer boxes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrewTheExams)
    C will be around 65 (60-65 maybe) I think, you should get a C if you got above 70 (if you added the marks right)

I'm not sure if you will get a mark for that questionnaire answer you put!

Maybe if the examiner is lenient, but it could very likely also not get you a mark :/

Best of luck though

- you'll get a mark for 'no time frame' though
    Thanks bro, i hope i don't get some douchebag examiner marking my paper lol.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bro, i hope i don't get some douchebag examiner marking my paper lol.
    Lol me too, I just hope I get an extra 5 or 6 marks on both of my papers so then I can get the grade I want

... which is just not happening

ReputationRep:
    Lol me too, I just hope I get an extra 5 or 6 marks on both of my papers so then I can get the grade I want

... which is just not happening
    When would an official mark scheme be released? Also i hope and pray that i get a grade C so i don't ever have to do maths again lol, hopefully 70 marks just scrapped a C.

ReputationRep:
    When would an official mark scheme be released? Also i hope and pray that i get a grade C so i don't ever have to do maths again lol, hopefully 70 marks just scrapped a C.
    70 marks is definitely a C don't worry (if you did get 70 )

Official mark schemes are released when they make the papers available on the website, so June 2015 paper + mark scheme became available like a month ago, so our paper + official mark scheme will be available in like May lol
    (but the teachers may have access to it early - i know they have access to the paper after 10 days after exam)

ReputationRep:
    70 marks is definitely a C don't worry (if you did get 70 )

Official mark schemes are released when they make the papers available on the website, so June 2015 paper + mark scheme became available like a month ago, so our paper + official mark scheme will be available in like May lol
    (but the teachers may have access to it early - i know they have access to the paper after 10 days after exam)
    Can't wait, also do you get marks for working out even if the answer is wrong? Because if that's true then i would have extra 2-4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait, also do you get marks for working out even if the answer is wrong? Because if that's true then i would have extra 2-4 marks.
    if you look at any mark scheme there are B1 M1 A1 marks

B1 is working
    M1 is method
    A1 is accuracy (e.g. correct answer)

so you will get some marks for working (if the method is correct, but the numbers you used are wrong because of your previous answer - if it's completely wrong then no)

unless of course you get a sad and grumpy examiner

ReputationRep:
    if you look at any mark scheme there are B1 M1 A1 marks

B1 is working
    M1 is method
    A1 is accuracy (e.g. correct answer)

so you will get some marks for working (if the method is correct, but the numbers you used are wrong because of your previous answer - if it's completely wrong then no)

unless of course you get a sad and grumpy examiner
    Thanks bro! I'm litteally praying for a good examiner to mark my paper lol, and one more question you know for the tree diagram tennis match in the non calc question 21 part a, i wrote 0.8 and 0.3 but accidently put 0.5 so would i get 2/3 marks???

ReputationRep:
    Thanks bro! I'm litteally praying for a good examiner to mark my paper lol, and one more question you know for the tree diagram tennis match in the non calc question 21 part a, i wrote 0.8 and 0.3 but accidently put 0.5 so would i get 2/3 marks???
    It was a tree diagram and you had to do 6 blanks/branches, so 3 different trees
    I think it's 1 mark per tree

So 1 mark for every blank that you wrote, I may be wrong, but It should be like that
    If you got 2 right, that's 1 mark,
    If you got 4 right, that's 2 marks,
    If you got all 6 right, that's 3 marks
    At least that's what i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyKitty)
    I got 80.4 too. 🤗
    I used the right formulas and everything but I got 60 something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahfuz_A)
    I used the right formulas and everything but I got 60 something
    I did the same as you lool we will prob get 4/5 marks for correct working but wrong answer hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waveyalex)
    I did the same as you lool we will prob get 4/5 marks for correct working but wrong answer hopefully
    I sure hope so.

ReputationRep:
    What was the first thing you did for that question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    What was the first thing you did for that question?
    sine and cosine rules

ReputationRep:
    sine and cosine rules
    so troll lmao

ReputationRep:
    sine and cosine rules
    Didn't you use the 'Area of a triangle using sine' formula?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Didn't you use the 'Area of a triangle using sine' formula?
    yh soz i acc did loool

ReputationRep:
    yh soz i acc did loool
    Ah, that's cool then.

btw, you get marks for 'CORRECT' substitutions, but I think you still might get a mark for each formula,if you use the correct one, even if your numbers are incorrect. (Just talking logically)

btw, I think you told me you were gonna ask your teacher what he/she thinks the grade boundaries would be, did you? (I think it was you, may have been someone else)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Ah, that's cool then.

btw, you get marks for 'CORRECT' substitutions, but I think you still might get a mark for each formula,if you use the correct one, even if your numbers are incorrect. (Just talking logically)

btw, I think you told me you were gonna ask your teacher what he/she thinks the grade boundaries would be, did you? (I think it was you, may have been someone else)
    they said that an increase of more than 8 marks from last year would be quite extreme

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.