*Prepares himself for rejection tomorrow*
same here
Mike_P
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We'll be OK guys!
If it does happen, it won't be the end of the world. Try to stay positive whatever happens.
kingkanoot
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
good luck all for the much speculated 'rejection friday'! hope we all come through it and get the offers rolling in next week

...:woo: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3::eek3: ...
Dragonkiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Hopefully we'll survive.
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Amar09, would you mind changing my offer on the first page from AAA to AAAE please?
meeper
Badges: 4
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by flglxpstbxkdls)
I and you applied to same college/same course at Oxford! :eek:
Well, yeah.

Same college and course at Oxford, same course at LSE and same course at Warwick.

Looks like we might very well end up in the same place.
eve_22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
is anyone here a student who is over 21? just wandering, as I am
hardeep123
Report 10 years ago
The wait is killing me!! And its even worse when my friend told me that i should have sent my application earlier as i would have stood a better chance of entering LSE for ACC & Finance. I'll really regret nt sending my application earlier if i get rejected...
Capocrimini
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hardeep123)
The wait is killing me!! And its even worse when my friend told me that i should have sent my application earlier as i would have stood a better chance of entering LSE for ACC & Finance. I'll really regret nt sending my application earlier if i get rejected...
Don't think that will affect their decision to be honest. But hey, I can just speculate.
bt_1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck everyone!
gilash89
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by humayun18)
Of course I am more interested in economics and the possibilities afterwards. But if I don't get in that will be a major setback. The only options for me are either LSE or staying back here because someone is ready to finance my studies in UK but only at LSE. Thanks anyways
That's a shame. Did you apply to LSE just for eco or for any other courses and did you apply to any other universities? Good luck with your application anyways.
anishapol
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kingkanoot)
good luck all for the much speculated 'rejection friday'! hope we all come through it and get the offers rolling in next week

hey what have you applied for at cambridge?
J234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At LSE just eco. U can apply to only one course right?
I've applied to Warwick, UCL, Westminster and Queens Uni Belfast as well but that was just to see where all i get in
No no no! You can apply to as many courses at LSE as you like. How long ago did you submit your UCAS? If it's less than 2 weeks (unlikely) you could substitute some of your other choices to say "maths and econ" at LSE.
bvcj
Report 10 years ago
is there anyone else here with an oxford / cambridge interview next week who is considering not checking their email today in case they have been rejected? i just think it wud be such a confidence breaker right before the interviews and im seriously considering not checking mine! :s
bvcj
Report 10 years ago
and also good luck everyone! hopefully we will still be hanging on in there by the end of today!!
J234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just rechecked and it was 24th november so its not been two weeks. Now how do i do it? And doesn't there have to be an error in the forms for u to be able to change?
Lucky! If you're sure you can't get funds for anywhere but LSE, then go on UCAS track and click substitute choice. Follow the instructions I guess. Or, just to be sure you're doing the right thing, phone UCAS.

No, anyone can swop unis in the first two weeks just in case they change their mind.
Shanny123456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bvcj)
is there anyone else here with an oxford / cambridge interview next week who is considering not checking their email today in case they have been rejected? i just think it wud be such a confidence breaker right before the interviews and im seriously considering not checking mine! :s
I know what you mean (my interview is tomorrow!!! :woo:), but then again, I don't think I can stand not knowing whether I've been rejected or not!
tl1015
Report 10 years ago
so tell me which is the easiest course to get into LSE which includes economics?
Economics and math? economics and economic history? econometrics? Ill make the change now
In the past few years Econ + Maths seems to be a lot easier to get in than straight eco
J234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
so tell me which is the easiest course to get into LSE which includes economics?
Economics and math? economics and economic history? econometrics? Ill make the change now
Well, how long have you got to change it? Might be worth creating a new thread in the econ forum. I'm sure Paulwhy would know a little more than me on this. You know what you wrote in your personal statement, did you mention anything to do with accounting, finance, maths or the government?

I'd say you should apply to Maths & Econ as well. Just bear in mind it's more maths than economics. Would you be happy with that?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise