Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joshygab)
As a 17 year old attending for the first time, how loose are the bar staff with regards to serving people and ID-ing etc etc?
They'll probably care this year, as they're doing over 18's wrist bands - so if you dont have a wristband and don't have ID, then they're unlikely to serve you.

But they aren't going to care if you bring drinks in - and it'll probably be cheaper.
cattt
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by banannah)
I'm really excited now! Got my tent from Go Outdoors today, £30 for a 3 man double-skin tent and it's really easy to put up too.

To the people going to Leeds, how early are you planning on getting there? Me and my friends are setting off from Manchester at about 1am Thursday to arrive at 3 when the campsite opens, anyone else going that early?
9am wednesday.
queen_georgie
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joshygab)
As a 17 year old attending for the first time, how loose are the bar staff with regards to serving people and ID-ing etc etc?
Last year they didn't care. However, be careful if you buy in bulk from local supermarkets. Firstly, it all sells out, and secondly they ID EVERYONE. Deff bring some from home.
X
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cattt)
9am wednesday.
It doesn't open until 2 at Leeds and 6 at Reading.
mindy123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are wellies a must-have at leeds? I only have hiking boots that i was planning on taking but apparently i need wellies?
assmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mindy123)
Are wellies a must-have at leeds? I only have hiking boots that i was planning on taking but apparently i need wellies?
YES, yes you do. It's forecast rain Wednesday afternoon and Friday night. You will need wellies, the mud will be awful.
[email protected]
Report 9 years ago
Last year wellies were essential. Two of my mates went without them and wrote off the entire first day just struggling to find some at the the stalls and ended up paying a rip-off price as well. Trainers kept getting stuck in the mud as it was so thick, but hiking boots probably wouldn't. I'd be tempted to say that you would manage with the boots if you can't get hold of wellies, but if you can find some for a fiver at somewhere like Windsors I'd definitely get some.
Melting Sugar.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We're getting to Reading at 10ish :o:
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So on site are you allowed to bring glass bottles or do you have to bring everything in plastic? :holmes:
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
So on site are you allowed to bring glass bottles or do you have to bring everything in plastic? :holmes:
Absoloutly no glass is allowed onsite. It will all have to be moved into plastic bottles.
[email protected]
Report 9 years ago
Don't think they like glass bottles anywhere on site but I've taken them for the last two years. It's all good so long as you don't walk in waving them about, which I imagine you won't. But you can't get them into the arena, but you can't get any other liquids in either.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Absoloutly no glass is allowed onsite. It will all have to be moved into plastic bottles.
Didn't think so, just checking incase I got it wrong and my friend moans at me.

Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Don't think they like glass bottles anywhere on site but I've taken them for the last two years. It's all good so long as you don't walk in waving them about, which I imagine you won't. But you can't get them into the arena, but you can't get any other liquids in either.
Expect alot stricter searches on the gate this year. I highly recommend people dont risk trying to sneak glass in and end up with being confiscated.
FutureMedic!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flo[ProActiv])
Where do you get that from? *loves apple sourz*
Asda... £4.40 for a 50cl of the stuff. It's beaut!
[email protected]
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Expect alot stricter searches on the gate this year. I highly recommend people dont risk trying to sneak glass in and end up with being confiscated.
Thanks for the heads up, they've never seemed too concerned about what goes into the camping site before, more focused on the arena. I did notice they are reducing the size of the deo & gas cannisters they are permitting this year, so I guess they are getting stricter. Do you/ have you volunteer(ed) at the festival?
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
Yeahh it's not worth the risk though really.

Plus plastic is just generally easier anyway as it won't smash.
cattt
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by moreiniho)
It doesn't open until 2 at Leeds and 6 at Reading.
I know but we're queuing up with the rest of the early birders as it will take us a good few hours to get there anyway.
mindy123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeahh it's not worth the risk though really.

Plus plastic is just generally easier anyway as it won't smash.
Wow, no glass in the camping site. What do people do with their bottles of vodka/whisky/bacardi then?!
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, no glass in the camping site. What do people do with their bottles of vodka/whisky/bacardi then?!
I'm guessing most people buy cans or buy alcohol on site, if not then it's generally presumed you have to decanter it into plastic bottles :dontknow:
-WhySoSerious?
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Can we bring our own alcohol if it's in a plastic container then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (18)
30.51%
No (41)
69.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed