Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    FC Barcelona announce that they have reached an agreement with Josep Guardiola to renew his contract with the club for another season, until the 30th of June 2012.

ReputationRep:
    What a goal by Iran!

ReputationRep:
    Nice goal.

Sneijder's goal against Austria was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    A Phil Minshull's blog on Guardiola's contract confirmation and the lack of future planning.

In the sensible approach, I can understand Pep's view and it's quite noble to go with a one year deal and not go for a 3 or 5 year deal where you might end up getting sacked half way through and get a nice paycheck. But IMO, it does seem he's taking it on a year by year basis just incase the relationship with Rosell and other people changes so he can leave quite easily if need be.

But the important thing is, it's not impacting on the team which is the main thing.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Nice goal.

Holy ****ing **** that's good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    A Phil Minshull's blog on Guardiola's contract confirmation and the lack of future planning.

In the sensible approach, I can understand Pep's view and it's quite noble to go with a one year deal and not go for a 3 or 5 year deal where you might end up getting sacked half way through and get a nice paycheck. But IMO, it does seem he's taking it on a year by year basis just incase the relationship with Rosell and other people changes so he can leave quite easily if need be.

But the important thing is, it's not impacting on the team which is the main thing.

Thoughts?
    It also gives him greater control. Pep success has made him practically untouchable. Laporta put his complete trust in Pep and gave him control of most of the transfers. Rosell on the other hand has this obsession with Brazilians (he used to be a CEO at Nike Brazil) and generally loves going for them and tends to make transfers without the managers permission. If Pep disagrees with Rosell in some way or another he can threaten to leave and as we all know that will create a riot and Rosell will be out in no time, with a short contract Pep can leave in a short span of time and thus you have to tread carefully as not to go against his wishes, which so far have all been sensible and correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Nice goal.

Epic stuff!

(Original post by Aky786UK)

Thoughts?
    That is a clever way of thinking about the deal but I'm not sure he was planning about the long term future(3+years) and just might think this team has enough hunger+motivation for another season with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Nice goal.

Very rarely do I actually shout out loud when watching replays of goals I know are coming. **** me, though. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Interesting interview with Xavi in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...iew?CMP=twt_gu

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona losing? :teeth: Not watching the game, watching Roma v Napoli, gonna finish the half then switch over.

Villa :adore:

El Guaje ffs

ReputationRep:
    Villa you ****ing beauty. Amazing finish. :teeth:

ffs. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Thing of beauty that Villa goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    ffs. :facepalm2:
    I know right. :facepalm:

Guardiola pushing Bojan. :mmm:

Temperamental game ffs. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    So Barcelona draw. They've gotta give Madrid a bit of hope to cling onto. Can't make it look too easy. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    AC Milan goals from yesterday. The first goal is crap but the rest are beautiful. Cassano is magical.

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I see a combination which involves a dummy, it moves. Happened twice in that vid.

:sexface:

Kneejerk after seeing those goals, but spurs to get a raping? I think a lot of Spurs fans are underestimating Milan, envisaging them to be the poor, static and slow Milan of last year, a lot of them are very confident they'll go through.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they'll get raped, but wouldn't be surprised if they did. Spurs do leak goals and the trio of Ibra/Robinho/Cassano will cause them problems. This Milan team doesn't concede many (19 goals conceded so far this season), I think the speed of Spurs could cause them problems but they're not as static as last year. As long as they don't play Gattuso, they should be okay. Berlusconi has bought about 15 players this season, it's election year so he thinks winning the league = winning the election.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.