ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Persepolis
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Princess Mononoke
    Wall-E
    Kung Fu Panda :awesome:
    Grave of the Fireflies..**** man...probably the most emotional few hours of my life. Don't think I can watch it again for a long time.

Is Kung Fu Panda any good?

ReputationRep:
    Only Burton movie I have seen is Alice in Wonderland. :moon:
    :eek:

Not a fan of some of his more recent stuff. But Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and Batman Returns are must sees!

(Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Grave of the Fireflies..**** man...probably the most emotional few hours of my life. Don't think I can watch it again for a long time.

Is Kung Fu Panda any good?
    I like Japanese animated movies. :moon: Some of them tend to have that effect.

Kung Fu Panda, it's your typical plot (can't remember if it was mildly funny or if it tried to be funny) but it's a good watch if you are bored (and having nothing else to watch). A fat panda tring to learn Kung Fu. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I made another post below with 3 more movies that you may like. :teehee:

Only Burton movie I have seen is Alice in Wonderland. :moon:
    the first one is weird! the second one I can't see and the inception one is cool! But I haven't seen inception yet, really want to, shall I watch it tonight on the laptop? Or is it a film that is best seen on the big screen (a tv)?

(Original post by aja89)
    :eek:

Not a fan of some of his more recent stuff. But Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and Batman Returns are must sees!

Where would you recommend to start with his catalogue of movies? Which one first?

(Original post by tropical-twist3)
    the first one is weird! the second one I can't see and the inception one is cool! But I haven't seen inception yet, really want to, shall I watch it tonight on the laptop? Or is it a film that is best seen on the big screen (a tv)?
    :shock:

It's an enjoyable film

It's best seen on the big screen and a reason to not watch it yet is that the copies available on the interwebs (:ninja:) are very bad quality so will not do the any film justice. Not until the DVD/Bluray versions come out at least...

ReputationRep:

Where would you recommend to start with his catalogue of movies? Which one first?
    I'd start with Edward Scissorhands. I may be wrong but I think it's the only film that he's written, directed, and produced. The full Burton, if you will!

(Original post by aja89)
    I'd start with Edward Scissorhands. I may be wrong but I think it's the only film that he's written, directed, and produced. The full Burton, if you will!
    Edward Scissorhands it is! :teeth: Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sweeney Todd is pretty awesome by Burton

ReputationRep:
    Also on the animation front, if any of you haven't seen Waltz With Bashir, I highly recommend.

Edward Scissorhands was great Now to watch Sweeny Todd, hope it's good, not a fan of musicals.

Phalanges is either very busy with dissecting dead apes (:afraid:), freshers and with university in general or...he has abandoned us. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Time to make a power grab I think

:shock:

ReputationRep:
    Edward Scissorhands was great Now to watch Sweeny Todd, hope it's good, not a fan of musicals.
    Glad you liked Edward Scissorhands, one of my very favourite filems.

Big Fish is another Burton you might like. Sweeney Todd might not be up your alley if you don't like musicals, not very much talking in that one! :rolleyes:

Big fish eh? Hm, sounds like a film that might cheer me up. Big fish it is then.

ReputationRep:

Actually can anyone suggest me some cool film posters? If I haven't seen the film I have to watch it and like it before I get the poster though.
    A Streetcar Named Desire - waking up to a young Marlon Brando is just something a girl needs in her life.

Spoiler:
    Show

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Spoiler:
    Show

Troy

Spoiler:
    Show

Michael Jackson's This Is It

Spoiler:
    Show

The Runaways

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I've not seen any of the bourne or matrix films :zomg:

I've recently bought some film posters to cover up my prison-esque walls, Pulp Fiction (uma therman one), Sin City (nancy one) and Casablanca.
    I want American Beauty and Romeo + Juliet and Gia ones too.

Actually can anyone suggest me some cool film posters? If I haven't seen the film I have to watch it and like it before I get the poster though.
    http://posterwire.com/wp-content/images/vertigo.jpg

http://beingz.files.wordpress.com/20...ead_poster.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:F...runner.jpg&t=1

http://en.academic.ru/pictures/enwik...vie_poster.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...olisposter.jpg (bit overdone, but still classic)

Also, most Kubrick films. Hate to keep going on about him, but the man gave good poster. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    When does The Social Network come out? :holmes: [on my phone, cba with google].

(Original post by rofflewaffle)
    When does The Social Network come out? :holmes: [on my phone, cba with google].
    Friday 15th October 2010

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.