Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I liked that sond as well, that was one of my favourites

ReputationRep:
    The winning song cannot be liked by everyone since each person has different taste in music. If you didn't like it, that doesn't mean it was awful.

UK didn't give any points to Azerbaijan, so I understand why most comments here are negative. But the rest of Europe voted for them, countries like San-Marino, Malta, Cyprus, Iceland, Poland, Croatia, Romania, , Bosnia and Herz, Austria, Portugal.

I really thought their performance was perfect and the song was really nice.

We all have different opinions, so I don't think there is a point arguing here. They got the majority of votes - so just accept it.

ReputationRep:
    Hadn't seen it commented: why did the Azerbaijani chick wave the Turkish flag? I mean come on! You're representing Azerbaijan, you were born there, wtf? I understand the connection between the 2 countries but something's wrong. If I were Azerbaijani I'd be mad.

(Original post by morris743)
    Louisa Lytton :drool: Haven't seen her in ages :sexface:

Anyone else :sad: that Lena didn't place in top 3 with 'Taken by a Stranger'? I am, but then again compared to the other songs she could of picked from 'Good News' it wasn't the best but it was still great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fodé)
    Hadn't seen it commented: why did the Azerbaijani chick wave the Turkish flag? I mean come on! You're representing Azerbaijan, you were born there, wtf? I understand the connection between the 2 countries but something's wrong. If I were Azerbaijani I'd be mad.
    They are like brothers to each other. There's probably no other countries in the world that are as much connected. They usually say an expression about their brotherhood: one nation - two countries.

And she was probably so shocked, that forgot to take Azerbaijani flag as well. When you win, you don't realise what you hold in your hands and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    My top 5

1) Azerbaijan
    2) Greece
    3) Slovenia
    4) UK
    5) Iceland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)

Anyone else :sad: that Lena didn't place in top 3 with 'Taken by a Stranger'? I am, but then again compared to the other songs she could of picked from 'Good News' it wasn't the best but it was still great
    We love you, teh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Miiiine :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Azerbaijan will be an interesting venue indeed. The Caspian Sea is a lake but a very big one. They are one of the only countries that can afford to host it with the oil they boast. Not a bad winner either as their song was decent.

Eurovision was much better this year because it was more of a song contest and less political. The voting was much closer and it was only really at the end that Azerbaijan started to pull away a little. Sweden did not suprise me finishing third with their Justin Bieber but Italy were shock second place finishers with a pretty poor song. Greece also did better than expected.

Moldova and Bosnia were amongst the poor acts. Well done to Blue and Jedward on finishing in the left hand side of the table, a very respectable effort even if both the performances were poor to say the least. Enjoyable evening on the whole and my decision to watch Eurovision over Britain's Got Talent was a justifiable one!

ReputationRep:
    I thought Italy's song was amazing :love: By far one of the best in the competition. Theirs and France's entry just made me melt.

ReputationRep:
    There's a society now? :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obadetona)
    Blind Faith!!!! Without a doubt! That would absolutely kill at eurovision! As long as we could get the actual singers there!

I'm getting really excited, as though it'd ever happen :rolleyes:
    Some form of campaign needs to be started for 2012!

Power to the people!
    etc...

(It would appear I'm getting carried away too)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like Azerbaijan but then again I almost never like the winners of Eurovision except for Finland 2006.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever the name of the guy who sang for Greece is,
    he's seriously hot.

(Original post by fidan134)
    If you didn't like it, that doesn't mean it was awful.
    It wasn't awful but it wasn't good enough to win, I think it was just because the woman was pretty hot in that skimpy dress which showed her assets very well :sexface:
    (Original post by souldoubt)
    Miiiine :unimpressed:
    No, no, she is mine :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    swedens entry :drool:

ReputationRep:
    isn't it brilliant that the European popularity contest was won by an Asian nation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)
    Whatever the name of the guy who sang for Greece is,
    he's seriously hot.
    He's a professional model :yep: And yes...yes he is :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    I'm not surprised, everything about him was perfection.
    Particularly his legs, facial hair, eyes and smile.
    :adore:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.